eMedia Music Theory Tutor Volume 1Learning music theory has become fun and easy! Music Theory Tutor Volume 1 features over 190 engaging lessons that teach music theory with images, audio, interactive tests, and many examples. Based on your responses and skill level, an Intelligent Practice feature will guide you through the detailed curriculum and help you learn crucial musical elements such as rhythm, melody, and harmony. Many lessons let you enter pitches simply by humming, singing, or playing your instrument into the computer's microphone. Tap rhythms, sing back melodies, guess intervals, and much more. Music Theory Tutor Volume 1 shows you when you are playing or singing the correct pitches in a lesson and lets you see your progress. Gain confidence as you pass quizzes at the end of each subject and ace tests at the end of every grade level completion.
In Music Theory Tutor Volume 1, you'll learn about the building blocks of music and begin to hear musical keys, scales, intervals, chords, and rhythms "in your head" so you can compose without an instrument and learn songs faster.
Features:- A step-by-step curriculum designed by Dr. Gregory Simon, a doctorate in composition from the University of Michigan who teaches at the University of Colorado.
- Intelligent Practice tracks your progress and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots.
- Both music theory and basic ear training combined into a single, beautifully designed application.
- The ability to view answer statistics for tests to measure your progress.
- Satisfies Canadian school requirements for music grades 1-5.
- Covers rhythm fundamentals including tempo, counting beats, measures, and values for notes and rests.
- Teaches recognition of simple and compound time signatures (including 4/4, 3/4, 9/8, and cut time).
- Interactive lessons for learning to read music, including clefs, note pitches, names, and note rhythmic values including dotted and beamed notes.
- Trains your ear to recognize note direction and motion, notes, intervals, and scales plus major, minor, and diminished chords.
- Lessons on major and minor scale construction, and intervals (perfect fourths, fifths, tritones, etc.).
- Music construction lessons covering the roles of melody and harmony roles, unstable notes and note resolution.
- Chord theory lessons on creating major scale triads (major, minor, and diminished chords), chord progressions based on the major scale, chord functions within progressions (tonic, dominant, subdominant, etc.), the roman numeral system (I, IV, V, etc.), the basics of key signatures, and cadence.
- Solfege and sight singing.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of eMedia products.
- Windows Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- 2.2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM
- OpenGL-capable video card and driver
- 300MB of hard drive space- Macintosh Minimum System Requirements:
- 10.6 or later
- 2.2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM
- 300MB of hard drive space
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 888-363-3424