DW 5002AD4 Double Delta 4 Accelerator
An industry standard gets even better. The Drum Workshop 5002AD4 Double Delta 4 Accelerator Pedal doubles up the control and beats you can create with the DW drive system. DW has reengineered the pedal that established their reputation for innovation and quality. Because innovation is part of DW's DNA they thought it was time for some major improvements. Most notably, the toe clamp. The 5000 needed more gripping strength, providing a stronger connection between the drummer and kick drum. So, they developed the Tri-Pivot toe clamp. Three independent 360 degree, rotating rubber pads firmly pinch almost any diameter and thickness bass drum counter hoop from the top and the bottom, with zero slippage. Add to that a textured rubber grip pad on the base plate and DW thinks you'll agree that there's never been a better system for attaching a pedal to a bass drum. Last, but certainly not least, DW wanted to improve on the smoothness and feel of the 5000, if that was even possible. To accomplish this, a Dual Bearing Spring Rocker was added, making the 5000 quicker and more responsive.
Hear why drummers love the DW 5002AD4 Double Delta 4 Accelerator pedal:
Featuring a host of refinements and upgrades, the legendary line of 5000 Series bass drum pedals still features a choice of drive systems, aluminum hex shafts, pedal plates and linkages, 101 two-way beater, and built in spurs. These pedals can be customized to fit the needs of any player.
The Accelerator (AD4) drive system offers an eccentric motion that creates an indirect relationship between the sprocket and the footboard, increasing the velocity of the pedal by shortening the length of the stroke. It is recommended for situations that require increased speed and sensitivity.
The Turbo (TD4) concentric drive system maintains a direct relationship between the sprocket and the footboard to provide a solid, powerful, consistent feel and response.
Get an overview of the DW 5002 double bass drum pedal:
- DW's patented Delta ball-bearing hinge is a state-of-the-art lightweight aluminum design that incorporates ball bearings at both sides
- The AD4 and TD4 pedals feature a dual-bearing spring rocker delivering ultimate smoothness
- The Tri-Pivot toe clamp ensures the pedal and drum stay connected no matter what hoop size or angle. Convenient Clip with Drum Key also included
- The single post casting design on DW's double pedals provides ease of movement between the pedal and hi-hat, also allowing the pedals to be played simultaneously
- DW's unique Universal Assembly (with memory lock) is made in the DW factory
- The 5002 Double Pedal includes a nylon carry case
- The non-skid rubber grip will keep your pedal planted while being easily adjustable
zZounds is an authorized dealer of DW Drum Workshop products.