Deering Artisan Goodtime Open-Back Banjo
The stunning Goodtime banjo embodies Greg Deering's lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company -- to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day. So with improved tooling and a higher than normal dose of creativity, we bid farewell to our old friend the Classic Goodtime and welcome with open arms the stunning aesthetic of the Artisan Goodtime Banjos.
The familiar rich dark brown stain, planetary tuning pegs and the addition of 5th string spikes at frets 7, 9, 10 for alternate tunings allows this light weight maple banjo to exceed the features customers wanted and needed. The violin-grade maple rim is made of the same wood used on the professional level Deering models and gives the Goodtime banjo a rich, full, round note distinction.
Light weight enough to travel with, convenient enough to keep by your easy chair at home, the Goodtime Artisan is great for hours of practice with a neck that is both comfortable to play and accurate to fret. This Goodtime banjo is not only beautiful to look at but will bring you hours of musical enjoyment.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Deering products.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Deering Peghead shape
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets- Pot:
- 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- 11" Frosted Top Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32" Hex Nuts
- Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Durable Satin Finish
- Openback- Comes with a Triangle Box/Case
- Gig Bag or Hardshell Case is priced separately- Tone:
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.- Tuned: G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Comes from the factory with light gauge strings: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10- Dimensions:
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4",
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 37.5"
- Weight Approx. 6.5 lbs
Warranty: The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):