An Archtop Hollowbody Axe with Sophisticated Style
Your D'Angelico EXL-1 Archtop hollowbody electric guitar boasts attractive looks and warm, alluring hollowbody tone. The EXL-1 is decked out with gold-plated hardware, an articulate-sounding Kent Armstong floating humbucker in the neck position, a laminated spruce top and laminated flamed maple back, a hard maple neck with a walnut center, volume and tone controls to shape your output, a sturdy satin stain rosewood bridge, and that distinctive D'Angelico stairstep tailpiece. Shoulder this beauty and warm your game up with some silky smooth hollowbody tone.
Jazz guitar virtuoso Miles Okazaki shows us the EXL-1:
Spruce and Maple Body
The EXL-1 Archtop is constructed from a spruce top and maple back and sides. As a tonewood, spruce features a pleasant linear grain pattern and responds really well if you tend to be a more of an aggressive strummer. Maple will help your tone cut through with a slight push on the higher frequencies. Maple and spruce work together to offer a bright and vibrant sound that slices through the mix nicely.
Maple and Walnut Neck
This D'Angelico's maple and walnut neck pairs well with its spruce and maple body. Walnut complements the rounded brightness that maple yields with an additional push on the highs, as well as a helpful dose of midrange to add more punch to the table. Your fingers will enjoy 22 frets with tight and close action, so speedy runs and arpeggiated licks are a pleasure to play.
Simple Electronics for a Classy-Looking Axe
Keeping things nice and simple is this electric axe's single Kent Armstrong mini floating humbucker in the neck position. This pickup delivers that warm and inviting jazzy sound that beckons any listener within earshot. Its golden color pairs well your D'Angelico EXL-1 Archtop's golden hardware, stairstep pickguard, secure satin-stain rosewood bridge, and D'Angelico stairstep tailpiece.
- Archtop hollowbody electric guitar
- Single-cutaway body shape
- Laminated spruce top
- Laminated flamed maple back
- 7-ply bidning
- Two piece neck: hard maple with walnut center
- 22 frets
- Scale length of 25.5"
- Mother of pearl fingerboard inlays
- Attractive stairstep pickguard
- Gold plated hardware
- Switch Craft USA input jack
- Satin stain rosewood bridge
- D'Angelico stairstep tailpiece
- Grover super rotomatic tuners
- Kent Armstrong floating mini humbucker
- One volume control
- One tone control
- Deluxe hard case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of D'Angelico products.
- SHAPE: Single cutaway
- BODY: Hollow
- TOP: Laminated Spruce
- BACK: Laminated Flamed Maple
- SIZE: (W x D) 17 1/2 x 3"
- PICKUPS: Floating Humbucker
- BINDING: 7 ply
- PICKGUARD: Stairstep
- BRIDGE: Satin Stain Rosewood
- TAIL PIECE: D'Angelico Stairstep
- CONTROLS: 1 volume / 1 tone
- HARDWARE: Gold plated
- TUNING MACHINES: Grover Super Rotomatic
- NUT WIDTH: 1 11/16"
- NECK MATERIAL: Hard maple 2 pcs walnut center
- SCALE: 25.5"
- INLAY: Mother of Pearl
- FINISH: Natural
- INPUT JACK: Switch Craft USA
- CASE: Deluxe hard case
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):