Catalinbread redesigned the SFT to expand the gain range and improve the dynamic sensitivity of the original circuit, providing the player with a more expansive big amp feel at the pick. Plus the SFTOD has an Ampeg flavored foundation overdrive, providing classic late '60s and early '70s Stones-inspired tones with the addition of modern Stoner influenced sounds via the new STONES/STONER switch. Equally suited for guitar or bass just like the original.
- Baxandall tone stack: an elegantly simple yet powerful design that allows shaping of treble, mid-range and bass frequencies utilizing only two controls.
- Volume and Gain controls: capable of boosting an amp into overdrive, or providing "big amp" sounds at lower volumes.
- STONES/STONER mode switch: switch between classic 60s AMPEG and modern high gain sounds.
- 9V battery or DC power supply for use from 9-18VDC: 9v operation yields smoother compression and a softer feel. Powering at 18v allows for more headroom and a more percussive attack.
- In STONES mode, fans of the original SFT will instantly recognize the signature AMPEG tonal character and playing feel that made those amps famous. With increased touch sensitivity and a wider gain range from sparkling clean to the warm and wooly AMPEG grind - aka Street Fighting Tone - the 'big amp feel' playing experience is even more authentic.
- The new STONER mode opens the floodgates! A torrent of gain, saturation, and gobs of output flow outward essentially turning the SFT into a thick, beefy…
sounding fuzz. Hitting this switch unleashes each of the three gain stages, creating raw, ripping leads and thick sludgy riffs that sound absolutely massive!