Boss Katana Artist Guitar Combo Amp
Flagship Tones, Crafted for Pro Players
Katana amps have received worldwide acclaim for their authentic tube tone and feel, onboard BOSS effects, and exceptional value. The flagship Katana Artist combo takes Katana performance to new heights, offering all the latest series features along with numerous refinements tailored for the needs of professional players. Outfitted with a premium 12-inch Waza speaker, semi-closed cabinet, newly retuned amp characters, and much more, the 100-watt Katana Artist is a powerhouse tone machine for all types of music, from blues, jazz, and country to the heaviest rock styles.
About the Katana Amp Series
Katana--the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan--is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword's name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS's determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Katana Version 3: Added Effect Types, Real-Time Control Assignments, and Stereo Effects When Recording via USB
The Katana Version 3 update enhances the stage-class Katana amp lineup with even more performance versatility. Effect types include the legendary Roland DC-30 Analog Chorus-Echo, classic BOSS GE-10 Graphic Equalizer, and expressive 95E pedal wah, providing iconic tones that perfectly match the Katana’s Brown amp character. In addition, BOSS Tone Studio offers the ability to assign favorite parameters for quick-access control from the front-panel effects knobs and create custom control assignments for up to three connected expression pedals. And when tracking in a DAW via USB, it’s now possible to capture true stereo sound with many of the Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects. Katana Version 3 is a free, user-installable update for all Katana owners.
Refined Tones for Stage and Recording
Built for pro players, the 100-watt Katana Artist combo features a new cabinet design with front-facing controls and a premium Waza 12-inch speaker. The semi-closed back is ideal for rock tones, and the tight, rugged construction produces rich, full sound with impressive projection. You can further tweak the response for your touch with the dedicated Cabinet Resonance control, which customizes the dynamic interaction between the amp's output section and speaker. In addition, the sound and response of the Katana's five amp characters have been fine-tuned to work in perfect harmony with the Waza speaker and cabinet.
Waza Speaker: Legendary Tone, Modern Power
A standout feature of the Katana Artist is its custom Waza 12-inch speaker, which produces tones inspired by the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s. BOSS set out to fully capture the rock speaker's sought-after sound and response, but with the practical benefit of greatly increased power handling. Through detailed analysis of original speakers and careful selection of the magnet, cone material, and other construction elements, BOSS has fully realized this goal.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana Artist's cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Boss products.