Blue Bluebird SL Condenser Microphone
The Blue Bluebird SL delivers pristine, highly versatile sound that makes every detail of your performance come to life. With a high-pass filter and -20dB pad, Bluebird SL is ideal for capturing standout vocal performances, expressing the true tone of guitars, piano and more with extended upper clarity, smooth mids and rich lows. Next stop, top-flight sound.
BEHIND THE MIC
With the original Bluebird microphone, Blue set a high standard for modern recording mics. Bluebird SL advances that legacy with refined sonics and versatile switches to capture exceptionally clear and powerful sound that makes ears perk up and listen. Add in an updated design to inspire your best performances, and what you get is a best-selling Essential Series condenser mic.
INSIDE THE SOUND
Every component of Bluebird SL is specially designed to deliver modern, crystal-clear tone. The hand-built capsule utilizes a fine, gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm that delivers superior resonance at higher frequencies to help vocals cut through the mix. The sculpted rear backplate ensures balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum. And discreet Class-A circuitry maximizes the accuracy of your sound.
MAKE THE SWITCH
Bluebird SL is a one-of-a-kind mic for every kind of performance. The on-board switchable 100Hz high-pass filter and -20dB pad give you the flexibility to track a wide variety of sound sources with nuance and power. Use Bluebird SL to capture a singer's unique vocal character in stunning detail, achieve full-frequency guitar recordings and more.
ALL IN THE FAMILY
Blue's Essential Series brings distinct tonal characteristics to your studio, allowing you to pair each voice and instrument with its perfect microphone counterpart. Check out each mic to build a mic locker any studio would envy.
- Spark SL: Detailed, transparent sound
- Bluebird SL: Modern, crystal-clear sound
- Baby Bottle SL: Classic warmth and presence
- Hummingbird: Extended highs with 180-degree pivoting head
- Extended upper clarity with smooth mid frequencies for any voice or instrument
- Blue's proprietary hand-built, large-diaphragm cardioid capsule for full, open sound
- High-pass filter and -20dB pad for ultimate versatility
- Works great with home studio USB audio interfaces
zZounds is an authorized dealer of BLUE products.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: 28.5 mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm
- Rate Load Impedance: not less than 1k ohm
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB SPL (1k, THD 0.5%)
- S/N Ratio: 82.3 dB-A
- Noise Level: 11.7
- Dynamic Range: 126.3 dB
- Power Requirements: +48V DC Phantom Power
- Weight: 455g
- Dimensions: 222.5mm x 47.5mm
- HPF: 100Hz, 12db per octave
- PAD: -20db
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):