The Little Mixer That Could
Pair the Behringer XENYX X1222USB mixer with a computer, and you've got a solid desktop recording rig for home demos, band practices, or live performances. This 16-channel USB mixer has a total of six mono mic inputs, with channels 1-4 offering phantom power, channel inserts, and one-knob compressors. There's room for stereo line-level sources, such as keyboards or sound modules, on channels 5-12. For sound reinforcement gigs, this mixer boasts a stereo 7-band graphic EQ, and Behringer's ever-helpful FBQ Feedback Detection System. A built-in USB audio interface and onboard FX processing round out this awesome package. Whether you're performing live on stage, capturing a song idea, or finalizing a recording in your personal studio, the XENYX X1222USB is equipped to handle any musical load.
Sonically Superior Mic Pres
At the heart of this USB mixer, you have four phantom-powered XENYX mic channels with inserts, dedicated compressors, 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mids, and two aux sends. These high-headroom XENYX microphone preamps yield 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to above 200 kHz, helping your microphones (and your performance) sound great. You'll also find 2 more XLR inputs on channels 5/6 and 7/8, and for a total of 6 XLR mic channels on the X1222USB.
This mixer makes it easy to get your dynamics under control without having to add an outboard compressor to your setup. You'll find easy "one-knob" dynamic compressors on the mixer's first 4 mono channels, and add warmth with the mixer's channel EQ, which is based on the same circuitry of '60s and '70s British mixing consoles.
Sweeten Your Sound with Built-in FX
As with all other XENYX USB Series mixers, the XENYX X1222USB packs a 24-bit dual engine FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, and multi-effects. Fine-tune your effects with the unit's accurate input meter, parameter control, and tap function.
48 kHz/16-bit USB Audio Interface: Your Computer's Companion
The mixer's bi-directional stereo USB audio interface works with both Macs and PCs; a single USB cable is all it takes to connect the mixer to a computer for direct recording to your hard drive. Build a mix on your X1222USB, then capture the stereo mix to your recording software.
Make the Most of Your Mixer with Free Software Downloads
Even if your computer isn't fully stocked with DAW software and editing apps, you can get rolling with free software from Behringer's Web site. Audacity, Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear complement the mixer's recording and podcasting capabilities, while over 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins extend the range of the X1222USB's built-ins. The included EnergyXT2.5 Compact Behringer Edition DAW software helps get your audio from start to finish, turning rough recordings into polished pieces. EnergyXT includes its own multi-FX processor, plus a built-in synthesizer/sampler and a drum machine, both of which can be accessed directly via an external controller (such as the UMA25S) or programmed in Step-Write mode.
Get a great overview of the X1222USB in this video from Behringer:
- Low-noise, high-headroom analog mixer
- 4 phantom-powered XENYX mic preamps
- 4 compressors with easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- Onboard FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function, and storable user parameter settings
- Built-in stereo USB/audio interface to connect directly to your computer
- 7-band stereo graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor or main mixes
- FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies
- Breathtaking XPQ 3D stereo surround effect for enhanced stereo image
- Voice Canceler function for sing-along applications
- 4 stereo input channels with 2 additional mic inputs on channels 5/6 and 7/8, as well as 3-band EQ and input trim control
- Channel inserts on each mono channel for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 2 aux sends per channel: 1 pre fader for monitoring, 1 post fader (for internal FX and/or as external send); 2 multi-functional stereo aux returns
- Balanced main mix outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, headphone/control room output and stereo rec outputs
- Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~) and low power consumption
- Includes rackmount brackets for flexible placement
- Rugged construction
- Includes free audio recording, editing, and podcasting software, plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and a low latency driver
- Comes with energyXT2.5 Compact Behringer Edition music production software with audio/MIDI sequencer
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.