This Super-Affordable Sub Delivers Big Bass in a Small Footprint
Love your low end! The Behringer Eurolive VQ1500D powered subwoofer supplies its own rumble and tumble, courtesy of a 500-Watt, Class-D amplifier and custom-designed 15-inch transducer. The VQ1500D can sculpt any bottom-heavy track for the better, adding impact, punch, and overall oomph in all the right places. Try Behringer's Eurolive VQ1500D on for size in small- to medium-sized clubs or DJ rigs.
Pulsating, powerful bass is provided by a 15-inch long-excursion transducer with a high-temperature, hand-wound voice coil -- great for moving lots of air in a small- to medium-sized nightclub. If you need an even bigger low-frequency push, turn to Behringer's other VQ Series sub, which has an 18-inch woofer that has about 30 percent more surface area than the VQ1500D's 15-inch woofer.
High-Performance Class-D Technology
The active subwoofer's Class D design ensures reliable, efficient performance every time you power it up. Class D technology saves on power, reduces heat, shaves off unneeded weight, and delivers high-end, accurate sound reproduction no matter how hard or how long you push the subwoofer to the max.
You're in Control of Your Sound
Turn the Boost Frequency knob to tailor frequencies in the 40 to 90 Hz range of the spectrum, and flick the Boost switch to give your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. In addition, Behringer VQ Series subwoofers sport a High Cut dial for hands-on control of the upper corner frequency (70 to 150 Hz) for the unit's built-in amplifier. Keep in mind that the High Cut dial affects only the audio signals directed to the VQ1500D, and it does not impact the Thru or Output signals. Keep Input gain in check with a turn of the Level knob, and compensate for frequency cancellation between the subwoofer and satellite speakers with the Phase switch, which reverses output phase. You always know what's up with your unit, thanks to LEDs that illuminate for Power, Signal present, and Limit.
For hooking up the VQ1500D to the other elements of your PA system, the powered subwoofer has balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR Thru jacks. The Eurolive VQ1500D has a pole socket, handles on either side for easy transport, and a rugged steel grille that protects against kicks and falls.
Get an overview of the VQ1500D in this video from Behringer:
- 500-Watt powered subwoofer ideal for PA applications
- Powerful 15" long-excursion transducer with high-temperature voice coil for accurate, throbbing bass
- Precise reproduction of low frequencies
- 500-Watt Class-D amplifier with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal, and clip limit protection
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for impressive low-frequency performance
- Variable High Cut control for optimal sound alignment
- Subwoofer Level control to adjust the balance between the subwoofer and full-range speakers
- Power, Signal, and Clip LEDs for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response, and low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grille for optimal speaker protection
- Shipping weight: 85 lbs.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Behringer products.