Akai MPX8 Mobile SD Card Sample Player
Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the Akai MPX8's eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads.
It's that simple.
Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. MPX8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that's built to perform.
Control Software & MIDI Gear
MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8"-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
Edit with Ease
With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto MPX8. The editor's drag-and-drop functionality saves you time, instantly converting your samples to compatible .WAV files
Get in the Loops
MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
Lose the Luggage
It's compact, easy to load, and ready to go. MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai Pro design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops. It's that simple.
- Add sound samples from a standard SD or SDHC card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac(R) and PC included
- Editor instantly converts samples to compatible .WAV files
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm)
- MPX8 Controller
- MPX8 Sample Kit Editor (Download)
- Loop Library (Download)
- (3.5mm) 1/8"-to-MIDI Adapter
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- User Manual
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Note: SD and SDHC cards sold separately.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Akai products.
- Audio Outputs: (2) TRS 1/4" (balanced), (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI in and out (cable included)
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive
- Sounds: 21 internal. (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 8
- Polyphony: 8-voice
- Panning: 9-position user programmable
- Other Features: Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types.
- Power: Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- Weight: 1lb ( 0.45kg)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.6" x 4" x 1.3"
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):