Run World-Class UA Plug-ins -- This Box Does the DSP Heavy LiftingWant to record, mix and master through Universal Audio's incredible UAD-2 software plug-ins? Get the DSP-crunching power you need with the four processor cores in the Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD DSP Accelerator.
Plug this FireWire box into your computer, and you'll put its dedicated DSP to work running UAD plug-ins in your DAW. Which UAD plug-ins? That's up to you! This "Custom" bundle lets you select any 3 UAD plug-ins of your choice -- in addition to the "Analog Classics" bundle, which includes LA-2A and 1176L compressors, Pultec EQs and RealVerb Pro.
Learn more with this video from Universal Audio:
Quad-Core Processing Inside the BoxThe Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD uses four SHARC processors to drive professional-quality audio FX and plug-ins. Quad-core processing puts huge power behind UAD's true-to-life digital models of classic analog gear -- achieving warmth and tonal complexity that would traditionally require racks full of analog gear. With the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom you can connect directly to your DAW station with a FireWire cable, and experience fast and powerful audio processing without taxing the processor on your computer.
Mac or Windows; FireWire or ThunderboltYou can connect the Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom to either Macs or Windows 7-compatible computers. You'll be able to start using it right out of the box with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and other DAWs. If your Mac is equipped with Thunderbolt ports instead of FireWire, you can use a Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter and still get flawless performance.
Customize Your Bundle: Pick 3 UAD Plug-ins...When you register your DSP Accelerator Satellite, you're given the choice of any three UAD plug-in titles from Universal Audio's online library. Here you'll find true-to-life digital emulations of Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and others! Oh, and if you've still got VST lust after selecting three titles, you can purchase more directly from the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library.
...Plus, Get the Analog Classics BundleWhen you fire up your Satellite, you can immediately access the included "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy reproductions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins.
Daisy-Chain with Other UAD DevicesThe Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe cards and Apollo audio interfaces.
Features:- Included access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- 3 x UAD plug-in titles of your choosing within 45 days of registration
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and other DAWs
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
Minimum System Requirements:
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1*
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port* for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-698-2834
Product DescriptionThe Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom combines UA's most powerful FireWire DSP Accelerator with a Custom software bundle that lets you choose any three UAD plug-in titles at registration**. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers -- using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears -- to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment.
Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom easily connects to Intel-based Macs or Windows 7 PCs* via FireWire 800, letting you run large complex mixes without taxing your host computer. Additionally, you can connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple's Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter.
The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom includes UA's "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and lets you select any three additional UAD plug-in titles from a world-renowned library that includes Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
With support for VST, Audio Units, RTAS, and full 64-bit operation, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 port, power up and start mixing with some of the world's finest audio plug-ins.
Features:- Professional quad-processor external FireWire 800 DSP Accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based Macs or select Windows 7 PCs*
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Custom software bundle lets users "pick any 3" UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration**
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Also available as UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core and UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Ultimate 2 packages
* Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter. Visit www.uaudio.com/support/uad for complete compatibility information.
**Purchasers must select all 3 individual Custom Software Bundle plug-ins simultaneously, within 45 days of product registration. Purchasers failing to select all 3 plug-ins within 45 days of registration will automatically receive 3 UAD plug-ins of UA's choosing, free of charge (but no more than 3 Custom Software Bundle plug-ins total). See www.uaudio.com for complete details.