Nothing gets you right up close to your sound like a good pair of headphone monitors. In a live setting, they let you monitor your music without distraction. In the studio, headphones offer the isolation necessary for pristine recorded tracks. Regardless of your intended use, Sennheiser's HD280 Pro headphones have the features and performance you need to produce professional-quality audio. With seriously high output and extreme isolation, they're great cans for studio drummers -- or any producer who wants zero outside distraction from their tracks.
Ambient noise reduction
DJs rely on headphones to cue tracks before sending them to the main mix. When the bass is thumping and the dance floor is packed, it can be difficult to hear yourself think, let alone hear the cue mix in your headphones. The HD280 Pro's closed-back design cuts external sound by up to 32 dB, effectively eliminating distractions. DJ's will also appreciate the single-cable design for one-ear monitoring.
Superior Isolation for recording
HD280 Pro headphones are just as helpful in the studio as they are on stage. Musicians need to hear what their bandmates are playing to lock in the groove. but you don't want this sound bleeding into their tracks. With a headphone amp and enough HD280s for everyone, you're sure to get pristine results. The thick, padded ear-cups keep the monitor mix inside while providing comfort for extended tracking sessions. Weighing in at only 220 grams, the HD280 Pro lets you record all day without fatigue.
Convenient storage and long life
In small home and project studios, space is always a concern. Sennheiser's innovative design allows these headphone monitors to fold up for convenient storage, keeping your studio organized and functional. Rough treatment can damage any set of headphones, but virtually every component on the HD280 Pro can be easily replaced. Whether it is the adjustable headband, the collapsible earpieces, or the coiled cable, you can fix what's broken for years of quality performance.
- Collapsible, rotating earpieces
- Lightweight, sturdy construction
- Cuts up to 32 dB of external sound
- Padded earpieces for extra comfort
- Perfect for DJs, bands, or just everyday use
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Frequency response: 8 to 25000 Hz
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 102 dB (IEC 268-7)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: 0.1 %
- Contact pressure: 6 N
- Ear coupling: circumaural
- Jack plug: 1/8" stereo with 1/4" adapter included (3.5 / 6.3 mm)
- Connection cable: Coiled cable (min. 1m / max. 3m)
- Transducer principle: dynamic, closed
- Weight w/o cable: 220 g
- Nominal impedance: 64 Ohm
- Load rating: 500 mW
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 877-736-6434
The HD 280 Pro is Sennheiser's most significant closed, around-the-ear headphone to be introduced in years. Designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment, the HD 280 Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with the sound quality, modular design and aggressive noise isolation the necessary in the field. The unique collapsible design, combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application.
- Closed, dynamic stereo headphones
- Accurate, linear sound reproduction for critical monitoring applications
- Optimum impedance ensures universal compatability
- Space saving design features collapsible, rotating earcups
- Up to 32 dB of ambient noise attenuation
- Neodymium magnets for high maximum SPL
- Single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5 mm mini jack with locking 1/4" adapter
- Very comfortable, even if used for long periods of time
- Rugged construction with user-replaceable parts
- 2 year warranty
- Compatible (listen only) with latest generation of tablets
Winner of the CES 2002 Innovations Award, the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones are engineered to deliver exceptional isolation coupled with innovative, fold-up design for compact portability. The HD 280 Pro is poised to become the audio enthusiast's first choice for critical listening.
Designed to deliver exceptional isolation from ambient noise with precise and linear sound reproduction at high SPLs, the HD 280 Pro combines high fidelity with practical design and maximum comfort. The HD 280s form-fitting, ergonomically designed circumaural earpieces remain comfortable for long periods of listening and can be rotated for flat mobility and space-saving transport. Single-sided coiled cable gives users maximum flexibility. Easy replacement of all wearing parts insures long-life and functionality.
"The HD 280 Pro is designed to raise the bar in terms of fidelity, portability and ease of use," noted Rob Douglas, product manager, headphone and medi@coustics lines, SEC. "The HD 280 Pro embodies all the features expected by professionals and valued by discriminating consumers."