Product DescriptionDespite its small size, the Neumann TLM102 studio microphone is well-equipped to make myriad sound sources -- from vocals and voiceovers to drums and amps -- sound huge. Ideal for home recording, broadcasting, and project studio applications, this diminutive Neumann microphone is a multi-functional must-have for anyone on a tight budget. If you treat it right, the large-diaphragm TLM102 will be your go-to studio mic for many years to come.
Great on Drums, Vocals, and MoreWith its fixed-cardioid large-diaphragm capsule's maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 144 dB, the TLM102 can capture the fine details of drums and other very loud sound sources. When it's time to settle down and record something quieter, like vocals, the TLM102 really shines thanks to a slight boost above 6 kHz, which helps vocals stand out in a mix. According to Neumann, up to 6 kHz, the frequency response is extremely linear, making this microphone a standout choice for getting great recordings with a clearly defined bass range and minimal coloration.
All You Need Is One Good MicThe expense of the TLM102 microphone is quite fair when you consider its wide range of applications. This one mic can yield exceptional results when recording loud instruments like drums and amps, for example, as well as quieter sound sources like the acoustic guitar and the human voice. If you've got a restricted allowance for recording gear and you have a small studio space, investing in a multi-purpose microphone like the Neumann TLM102, instead of a bunch of different microphones dedicated to specific recording applications, makes sense.
Functional StyleThe classic look of the TLM102, with its small-scale yet signature Neumann design and shiny grille ring, makes this fixed-cardioid condenser mic look more expensive than it is. More than just a nice embellishment, the grille ring features an integrated pop screen that suppress plosives in vocal and speech recording. The capsule serves another purpose as well, with an elastic suspension designed to suppress structure-borne noise.
Features:- Large-diaphragm cardioid capsule
- High max SPL of 144 dB great for capturing loud sound sources
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz helps vocals come through in a mix
- Smaller-scale Neumann design
- Transformerless circuitry
- Ideal for home recording, broadcasting, and project studio applications
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Neumann products.
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 260 g
- Diameter: 52 mm
- Length: 116 mm
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Black, with Standmount
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- Nickel, with Standmount
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 860-434-9190
Product DescriptionThe reduced overall size contributes to an exceptionally compact appearance, which unites all of the typical design components of a Neumann microphone. The harmonious proportions and gleaming grille ring ensure that even at first glance, the TLM 102 attracts attention.
Features- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic (pressure gradient transducer)
- Compact, characteristic but smaller-scale Neumann design
- Very high maximum sound pressure level
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
The TLM 102 is impressive in terms of sound: In the interior is a large-diaphragm capsule (cardioid) with a maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB, which permits the recording of percussion, drums, amps and other very loud sound sources, for example. Instruments that are not especially loud also benefit from the very fast transient response of the TLM 102. However its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech; a slight boost above 6 kHz provides for excellent presence of the voice in the overall mix. Up to 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear, ensuring minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range. The capsule has an elastic suspension for the suppression of structure-borne noise. A pop screen integrated into the grille serves to suppress plosives in vocal and speech recording.
Due to its price and flexible field of application, the TLM 102 is ideal for the home recording and project studio sector, as well as for the broadcasting area, especially when clear lines of sight to the speakers are a priority.
The TLM 102 is available in black and nickel; a stand mount is included.
*The design of the microphone is a registered design of the Georg Neumann GmbH in certain countries.