Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of the world's most popular professional desktop recording interface -- delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features on-board UAD-2 DUO processing, Unison(TM) technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you've heard on hundreds of hit records.
With UAD-2 DUO Core processing built in, Apollo Twin MkII lets you offload plug-in processing to your audio interface instead of your host computer, giving you the horsepower for running Universal Audio's industry-leading analog emulation plug-ins.
Windows Compatibility: Thunderbolt over USB-C
For Windows 10 users, as of UAD v9.0.0, all UAD Thunderbolt devices are compatible with Windows 10 PCs that have built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C. To connect your Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin MkII to a Windows PC, you'll need:
- A USB-C port with built-in Thunderbolt 3.
- A qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter, which connects between the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port on the computer and the Thunderbolt-equipped Universal Audio product.
Qualified Thunderbolt Adapters for Windows
Universal Audio has tested and qualified the following Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapters for compatibility with Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt:
- Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter (Product ID: TBT3TBTADAP)
- Kanex Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter (Product ID: K170-1051-BK6I)
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter (Product ID: MMEL2AM/A) has been found to be incompatible with certain Windows systems in Universal Audio's internal testing. As a result, Universal Audio does not recommend this adapter for Windows Thunderbolt systems. The Apple adapter is incompatible with hot-plugging the adapter into the computer's USB-C port. However, the adapter is compatible with hot-plugging the Thunderbolt cable into the adapter.
Note that Apollo Twin MkII does not ship with a USB-C to Thunderbolt adapter, and Windows users may need to purchase an adapter to connect to this interface.
For Mac users, the Apollo Twin MkII can be connected to your Mac's Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 port -- just add a Thunderbolt cable.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin's gold-standard audio qUAlity with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion -- giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings -- as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, UA & More
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII's Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world's most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps -- including Neve,(R) API,(R) Manley,(R) and UA -- complete with their signature impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII's unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII's front panel Hi-Z instrument input, giving you dead-on, impedance-matched emulations of iconic stompboxes and guitar and bass amps -- like the included Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp and Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp plug-ins -- and other award-winning titles like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing -- a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 DUO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins -- at near-zero latency -- including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" suite of UAD plug-ins -- the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more -- so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin -- with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII's scalability, make it a standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices -- adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build qUAlity
Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.UAudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plug-in Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt port
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
- PC computer with built-in Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
- Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (sold separately)
- Thunderbolt 2 cable (sold separately)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
For additional compatibility information, visit help.uaudio.comDimensions:
- Height: 2.60"
- Width: 6.31"LINE IN:
- THD+N @-1dBFS @min gain: -109dB
- SNR, A-weighted: 117.5dB
- Dynamic range, A-weighted: 117.5dBMIC IN:
- THD+N @-1dBFS @min gain, no pad: -111dB
- SNR, A-weighted: 118dB
- Dynamic range, A-weighted: 118dBLINE 3-4 OUT:
- THD+N @-1dBFS: -110dB
- SNR, A-weighted: 121dB
- Dynamic range, A-weighted: 121dBHEADPHONES:
- THD+N @-1dBFS: -105dB
- SNR, A-weighted: 113dB
- Dynamic range, A-weighted: 113dB
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, DUO
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):