Set at a price within reach of many working musicians, and still built with the quality components and workmanship those musicians depend on, the Martin OMCPA4 is made entirely for today's player. It combines time-honored tonewoods with more recently developed alternative materials, for a unique sound and feel.
Premium Woods and Unmistakable Martin Quality
Martin chose to incorporate a well-loved tonewood combination for the OMCPA4. The model combines a solid Sitka spruce top for tight response, with East Indian rosewood back and sides to add depth and warmth to the sound. Under the surface, the top is reinforced with a hybrid "X" scalloped bracing pattern, which allows for more surface movement and pronounced low end. The 000-14 fret cutaway body shape is slightly compact compared to full-size dreadnoughts, and is popular among strummers.
Player- and Earth-Friendly Materials
As part of the Performing Artist Series, the OMCPA4 is designed with playability first in mind, and this focus shows through along the guitar's neck. Made of select hardwood, the 20-fret neck is carved in a unique Performing Artist profile -- it's thin for a fast experience, but robust enough to fit comfortably in most palms. The neck is capped with a black Richlite fretboard. Richlite is a synthetic material made from recycled paper and phenolic resin -- an alternative worth trying for environmentally conscious players looking for a fast fretboard.
Analog Electronics Faithful to Acoustic Sound
The Martin OMCPA4 comes equipped with a Fishman F1 Analog electronics system. The system incorporates a tuner, volume, and tone control knobs that are discreetly mounted to the guitar's side, making for an unobtrusive, easy experience when dialing in your perfect tone.
- 000-14 fret cutaway body shape
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Select hardwood 20-fret neck in Performing Artist profile
- Black Richlite fretboard
- Fishman F1 Analog electronics system
- Volume control, tone, control, onboard tuner
- Two ring rosette
- Hybrid "X" scalloped bracing pattern
- White Bolatron binding
- Solid East Indian rosewood headcap and heelplate
- Black Richlite bridge
- Compensated saddle
- Case included
Experience Martin's OMCPA4 -- a dreadnought built for the modern player.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Model: OMCPA4 Rosewood
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back/Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Fingerboard Material: Black Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4 inches
- Frets: 20
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Analog
- Rosette: Two Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid 'X' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16 inch
- Binding: White Boltaron
- Top Inlay Style: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Nut Width: 1-3/4 inches
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8 inches
- Fingerboard Inlays: Style 28 - White Corian
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back/Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Black Richlite
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16 inches
- Saddle: 16 inch Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed with Large Buttons
- Bridge and End Pins: White with Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 330 Hardshell
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 21 lbs
Martin offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of their guitars (valid only to the original owner.) Backpackers, Little Martins and Ukuleles are warrantied for one year. Strings are not covered under warranty.
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 610-759-2837
The Martin OMCPA4 Rosewood Performing Artist acoustic electric guitar is a comfortable instrument with high quality craftsmanship plus premium tonewoods and electronics at a great price! Its 000-style 14-fret cutaway body is a favorite amongst fingerpickers and strummers who prefer a smaller body. A fast and comfortable Performing Artist profile neck gives the Martin OMCPA4 Rosewood guitar a great, fast feel.
Solid Sitka spruce top and solid East Indian rosewood back and sides provide the Martin OMCPA4 Rosewood with incredibly rich tone, great clarity and fantastic, defined lows. Fishman's F1 Analog onboard electronics produce articulately replicated acoustic tone when you need to plug in.