When paired with a laptop, the Lexicon Alpha becomes a powerfully portable, all-in-one recording rig that's ready to go whenever, wherever you make music. Featuring the bus-powered 2x2 Alpha USB I/O audio interface, Steinberg Cubase LE recording software (Mac/Windows), and the Lexicon Pantheon VST reverb plug-in, the Lexicon Alpha Desktop Recording Studio is everything you need to satiate your mix fix in the studio or out.
Pro-Quality Audio RecordingAt the heart of this recording solution is the Alpha audio interface, which has a single XLR microphone input, a pair of TRS line inputs, and two TRS and RCA line outs. For direct recording of electric guitar or bass to your computer, the Alpha Studio sports a front-panel, high-impedance 1/4-inch instrument input. Its 1/8-inch headphone output makes for convenient monitoring with your favorite set.
The Alpha can stream two channels of 44.1 or 48 kHz audio at either 16- or 24-bit resolution to your computer. Simultaneously record two tracks from two different input sources, and keep tabs on your levels with the mic and line inputs' individual level controls and peak meters. You also get mono/stereo monitoring and zero-latency Direct/Playback Monitoring.
Bundled Software Sweetens the DealDive right in to the recording process with Cubase LE music-production software and Lexicon's Pantheon Reverb plug-in, both included with the Alpha. Cubase LE works hand in hand with the Alpha I/O Mixer, giving you a plethora of multi-tracking, editing, and mixing options. After you've recorded some tracks, give them Lexicon's royal reverb treatment with Pantheon.
Conveniently USB PoweredDrawing power from your computer's USB port, the bus-powered Alpha can work its magic anywhere, without the need for a bulky power supply; a USB cable is all you need and lucky for you, that comes included, too. If portability, simplicity, and affordability are important to you, check out the Lexicon Alpha. It does what it's supposed to do, at a very reasonable price.
Features:- USB audio interface with bundled software
- High-resolution 44.1-48 kHz/16-bit-24-bit quality audio
- Direct/Playback monitoring with no latency
- individual level controls and peak meters for mic/line inputs
- Mono/stereo monitoring
- 1 XLR microphone input
- 2 TRS line inputs
- 2 TRS and RCA line outs
- High-impedance 1/4" instrument input for direct to computer recording
- 1/8" headphone output
- Ships with Steinberg Cubase LE recording software and Lexicon Pantheon VST reverb plug-in
- USB bus-powered -- draws power from your computer
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Lexicon products.
- Microphone Inputs: (1) Female XLR Pin 2 Hot
- Input Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Phantom Power: No
- GAIN: +50 dB
- EIN: -115dB A-weighted @50dB gain (150 Ohm source impedance)
- Maxium Input Level: +10dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, 0.5 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ref. 1 kHz
- THD+N: <.005%, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Line Inputs: (2) 1/4 in. TRS balanced or unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhm balanced, 10 kOhm unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level: +12 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, 0.2 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ref. 1KHz
- THD+N: <.009% A/D, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Instrument Input: (1) 1/4 in. mono jack
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhm unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level: +8.5 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, 1 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ref. 1 kHz
- THD+N: <.125% A/D
- Crosstalk: <-74dB any input or output to any recording channel, 20Hz - 20kHz <-95dB at 1kHz typical
- Line Outputs: (2) 1/4 in. TRS bal./unbal. +(2) RCA
- Level: +16dBu maximum (1/4 in. TRS)
- Impedance: 1k ohm balanced, 500 ohm unbalanced
- Headphone Output: (1) 1/8 in. stereo jack 20 mW per channel at 50 Ohms
- D/A - A/D Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz (determined by computer application)
- Dynamic Range: A/D (24 Bit) 100 dB typical, A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, D/A (24 Bit) 100 dB typical, A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, A/D/A (24 Bit) 97 dB typical, A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- USB Type B Socket: Version 1.1, Version 1.1 hubs ar not supported
- Power Requirements: USB Bus-Powered
- Dimensions: 6.75 in. Wx 1.6 in. Hx 6.5 in. D
- Weight: 1.1 lbs. (0.49kgs)Lexicon engineers are constantly working to improve the quality of products. Specifications are, therefore subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs