The JE-36C is a version edition of the "Junior Earthquake" folded horn subwoofer system and provides extreme value in a compact design. However, there is nothing junior about this subwoofer. A cabinet design provides increased SPL and low frequency performance suitable for mobile DJs and club applications.
A striking die cast door has improved heat dissipation capabilities. The curved horn mouth bracing provides a smoother frequency response. Front corner bracing and a reinforced pole cup (almost twice as deep as the previous version) offer extra durability.
- Five feet of folded horn chamber length in the cabinet
- Thunderous bass frequency extension similar to a 36" driver
- Rugged cast aluminum C-Series door has improved heat dissipation capabilities
- Increased low frequency SPL from improved cabinet bracing
- Rounded horn mouth creates smoother frequency response
- Steel front corner bracing to improve cabinet strength
- Casters repositioned for increased front/back stability
- Redesigned durable Multi-ply construction
- An extra-deep, reinforced pole cup that keeps pole-mounted speakers stable
- Integrated wheels and a Cerwin-Vega ergonomic handle for easier transportability
- Optimized for use with all Cerwin-Vega full range top cabinets to create dedicated system solutions
Folded Horn Technology
Cerwin-Vega's folded horn subwoofer systems utilize an incredibly efficient folded hyperbolic horn design. This enables the enclosure to contain a longer sound path which amplifies the bass frequencies while keeping the enclosure compact in size for portability. The path length and flare rate delivers bone crushing low-end down to 30Hz.
The design of practical, portable bass horns has always challenged audio engineers because low frequency wavelengths are so large (e.g., 22.5 ft/6.9 m at 50 Hz) that they require a long horn. The challenge to reduce the horn's dimensions without decreasing its length results in a technique that involves "folding" the horn. This technique collapses the physical dimensions of the horn without reducing its length by physically folding the horn within a cabinet.
The Cerwin-Vega folded horns have been acoustically optimized to achieve high output and low distortion while maintaining clarity and impact. Special attention to rear chamber, throat geometry, and horn profile results in a folded horn design that doesn't exhibit the typical horn coloration of competing products.
Cerwin-Vega folded horns, on average, produce 6 dB more output at 1 watt than a dual 18-inch vented box. This result is four times the output with half the number of drivers. Purchase costs are drastically reduced due to the need for fewer cabinets. A smaller number of cabinets is able to deliver a superior level of clean clear bass. Powering far fewer cabinets yields large cost savings in amplification. The net result is loud sub bass that moves enough air to blow the hairpiece off the competition.
Of course, the C-Series folded horn systems have integrated wheels and a Cerwin-Vega ergonomic handle for easier transportability. The ergonomic design allows the C-Series to be moved by a single person.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Frequency Response: -3db 44 Hz -2810 Hz / -10db 37.5 Hz - 335 Hz
- Power Capacity: 500W (RMS) 1000 Peak
- Recommended Power: 750 w - 1000 w @ 8 ohms
- Input Connectors: 1/4" Phono, Speakon
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 106 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 36 x 24 x 24 in. 91.4 cm x 61 cm x 61 cm
- Weight: 121 lbs / 54.9 kg
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 131 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 262 lbs