High-end drum, percussion, and bass sounds are at your fingertips with the Boss DR-880 Dr. Rhythm. This drum machine is packed with original waveforms and ready-to-go patterns, which can be applied to your tracks as they are, or customized into something totally unique.
Though the DR-880 Dr. Rhythm gets most of its world-class sounds from Boss' renowned SRX sound library, it also comes loaded with a vast assortment of custom sounds created especially for the unit. Three EZ Compose buttons help you create tracks in a flash without having to program your own patterns note by note. And you can go deeper within the DR-880's drum and bass patterns by using the Groove Modify feature, to apply various groove and triplet feels. If you play guitar or bass, plug in to the DR-880 and play through its built-in COSM drive/amp models and multi-effects. All in all, this DR drum machine covers all the bases (and basses!) when it comes to making sweet beats and hot tracks.
Injected with Both Custom and SRX Library Sounds
Get your fill of electric and synth bass sounds, studio drums, electronic kits, standard and exotic percussion instruments, and more with the DR-880's comprehensive sound set. With 440 drum and percussion sounds and 40 bass sounds onboard, you have more than enough to work with.
A Rhythm-Programming Powerhouse
It doesn't matter what kind of music-maker you are -- the DR-880 is fully equipped to handle your DnB needs, whether you like to work with ready-made preset patterns or you prefer to get into the nitty-gritty of it all and make patterns all your own. Take advantage of the front-panel EZ Compose buttons to create original patterns quickly, or add more rhythmic variety to your work with the fun Groove Modify feature. In addition to groove and triplet feels, the DR-880 also enables you to add ghost notes and fills automatically.
3 EZ Compose Buttons
In Pattern mode, you can select and combine pre-programmed phrase combinations to create patterns, and make your job even easier with the Chord Progression button that lets you select chord-progression templates. A convenient Fill-In button allows you to select and insert phrases from the Fill-In library, which comes packed with a range of phrases, from simple to simply amazing.
Guitar/Bass Input for Playing through Built-In FX and Models
This Doctor lets you go beyond drums and bass. Guitarists and bassists players can directly plug into the DR-880's Guitar/Bass Input jack and play through the built-in COSM Drive/Amp models and multi-effects such as chorus/flanger/phaser, delay, and reverb. Even acoustic guitar players can get in on the action, with the DR-880's Acoustic Processor, chorus, and reverb. Bass players get to walk the line with compressor/limiter, chorus/flanger/phaser, delay, and COSM bass amp models.
The Right Ins and Outs
Play through headphones or route your signal from the DR-880 directly to your choice of recording input or amplification, including outboard guitar amps. Two individual outs allow independent output of backing tracks and guitars, or independent output of kick and snare. Likewise, Output Select mode lets you fine-tune outputs to ensure proper connection to everything else.
The DR-880 has two stereo footswitch/controller inputs for a max of four footswitches. One of the two footswitch/controller jacks supports expression pedal input, so you can connect a separate pedal to control guitar volume or play wah effects. Also onboard the DR-880 is a S/PDIF digital out, 5-pin MIDI I/O, and a USB port for MIDI interfacing and SMF Data import.
- Programmable drum machine with drum, percussion, and bass sounds plus effects
- 440 Drum and percussion sounds
- 40 Bass sounds with COSM bass-amp models
- 1,000 Patterns (500 preset, 500 user) let you add fills, ghost notes, chord progressions, and more on the fly
- EZ Compose function for quick, hassle-free programming
- Groove Modify feature for adding rhythmic interest to patterns
- Guitar/bass input lets guitar/bass players play through multi-effects and COSM amp models
- 3 Independent insert effects (EQ and compression) onboard
- TSC (Total Sound Control) offers 3-band EQ and high-quality ambience
- 20 Velocity-sensitive pads put expressive rhythms and sounds at your fingertips
- 2 Assignable footswitch and expression-pedal inputs
- Individual outputs, digital out, and USB port onboard
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Maximum Polyphony - 32
- Instruments - Drums: 440, Bass: 40
- Kits - Preset: 100, User: 100
- Rhythm Patterns - Preset: 500, User: 500
- Songs - User: 100
- Maximum Note Storage - approx. 30,000 notes
- Resolution - Per quarter note: 96
- Tempo - Quarter note: 20 - 260 bpm
- Pads - 20 with velocity sensitive
- Display - Custom LCD (with backlight)Connectors:
- Rear: Master Out L(Mono), R (1/4" phone type), Master Out L, R (RCA pin type), Individual Out A, B (1/4" phone type), Digital Out (coaxial), USB, CTL 1/2 jack(1/4" TRS phone type), CTL 3/4(EXP Pedal) jack (1/4" TRS phone type), MIDI In, Out, AC Adaptor jack
- Front: Phones (stereo 1/4" phone type), Guitar/Bass Input (1/4" phone type)
- Power Supply - AC Adaptor (BOSS BRC series)
- Current Draw - 600 mA (Max)
- Accessories - AC Adaptor (BRC series), Owner's Manual, DR-880 Driver CD-ROM
- Options - Foot Switch: FS-5U, FS-6, Expression Pedal: EV-5, Connection Cable: PCS-31 (Roland)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) - 273 x 242 x 72 mm (10 3/4 x 9 9/16 x 2 7/8 in)
- Weight - 1.4 kg (3 lbs. 2 oz.)
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
The DR-880 is a rhythm-programming powerhouse that's loaded with world-class drum, percussion, and bass sounds from Roland's famous SRX library. It also includes a stunning collection of original waveforms. You can get microscopic with the DR-880, but you also have the option of taking the simple route with its three "EZ Compose" buttons, which allow original patterns to be constructed without note-by-note programming hassles. Patterns can be taken deeper with the "Groove Modify" feature, where various groove and triplet feels can be applied. Ghost notes and fills can also be added automatically. Guitar and bass players can join the action by plugging directly to the DR-880's guitar/bass input jack, and playing through the built-in COSM drive/amp models and multi-effects.
- Innovative "EZ Compose" feature for quick, hassle-free programming
- 440 world-class drum and percussion sounds, 40 bass sounds with COSM bass-amp models
- Guitar/bass input, multi-effects, COSM amp models
- 3 independent insert effects (EQ and compression), TSC (Total Sound Control) featuring 3-band EQ and high-quality ambience
- 1,000 patterns (500 preset, 500 user); easily add fills, ghost notes, chord progressions, and more
- 20 velocity-sensitive pads
- Four assignable footswitch and expression-pedal inputs
- Individual outputs, digital out, USB port
A remarkable collection of top-quality, custom sounds was created for the DR-880. But we didn't stop there; some of the most famous sounds from our renowned SRX library were added to the DR-880's sound-set, as well as electric and synth bass sounds. From rich, sparkling studio drums and deep-dish electronic kits to standard and exotic percussion instruments, a world of rhythm and groove is at your fingertips.
Direct Guitar/Bass Input
Guitar and bass players can join the action by plugging directly into the DR-880's Guitar/Bass Input jack. Guitarists can play through the built-in COSM Drive/Amp models, and multi-effects such as chorus/flanger/phaser, delay, and reverb. For acoustic guitar, the DR-880 offers an Acoustic Processor, chorus, and reverb. For bass players, the compressor/limiter, chorus/flanger/phaser, delay, and COSM(TM) bass amp models will help you cook up extra-tasty bass lines.
You can get microscopic with the DR-880, but you also have the option of taking the simple route with its three EZ Compose buttons on the front panel, which allow original patterns to be constructed without note-by-note programming hassles. Using the Pattern mode, you can select and combine pre-programmed phrase combinations to create patterns. Press the Chord Progression button to select chord-progression templates. With the Fill-In button, you can select phrases from the Fill-In library, and insert them into the pattern. The library contains a variety of phrases, ranging from simple fills to bombastic breaks.
Play through headphones or route your signal from the DR-880 directly to your choice of recording input or amplification, including outboard guitar amps. Quick output adjustments can be made in the Output Select mode to facilitate proper connection to the outside world. Two individual Outs allow independent output of backing tracks and guitars, or independent output of kick and snare. The DR-880 has two stereo footswitch/controller inputs; a maximum of four footswitches can be connected using stereo 1/4" cables (sold separately). One of the footswitch/controller jacks supports expression pedal input, so you can connect an EV-5 (sold separately) to control guitar volume, or play wah effects. The DR-880 also has a S/PDIF digital out and a USB port for MIDI interfacing and SMF Data import.
Take your grooves even deeper with the Groove Modify feature, which applies various groove and triplet feels to your patterns. Simply select the templates that are included, and inject realistic feels to static patterns. Ghost notes can also be added automatically by selecting the ghost-note phrases that are preset in the DR-880.