An Upgrade Of One pf The Best Analog Modeling Synths Around!Access has taken their best Virus synthesizer and made it even better with the Virus TI2 Keyboard Integrated Modeling Synthesizer. It's all you need to start making amazing virtual analog sounds on stage or in the studio. This fully fledged analog-modeling synthesizer offers 61 semi-weighted keys, and enough knobs and buttons to allow you to sculpt your waves to your heart's delight. It comes with over 3,000 patches right out of the box, with room to add another 500 of your own. Like any Access Virus synthesizer, the TI2 offers dual synthesis engines with numerous waveforms to choose from and all the filters and effects you ever need.
2nd Gen Upgrades: New OS, More Processing Power and Sweet New EffectsThe best analog modeling synthesizer just got better with second generation upgrades and a new OS. Offering 25% more processing power than its predecessor, the TI2 is packed with new effects like tape delay and frequency shifter, plus six new distortion effects modeled after real vintage distortion pedals.
Virtual Analog: A Huge Palette of Waveforms and FiltersThe TI2 achieves its rich virtual analog sounds via dual signal processing engines driven by all-digital DSPs. Its architecture is modular in the sense that it can simulate endless combinations of signal paths, modeling a variety of different oscillation and filter types, granting the user the ability to sculpt their waves using three low frequency oscillators, 68 selectable waveforms and two filter envelopes, and up to 192 effects at a time. Because it's virtual analog, polyphony on the TI2 varies depending on which patch you're using and how complicated its waveform, what filters and mods are active, etc. It even offers a two-dimensional modulation matrix which simulates complex wiring schemes which were previously only available with massive analog cabinets.
TI Means Total IntegrationTI means total integration, and total integration means the TI2 works seamlessly with your current studio recording environment. Just connect the TI2 to your computer via the provided USB cable and it will appear as a virtual instrument within your DAW. Doing so expands the user interface, granting the user new, intuitive ways for sculpting their waves. User settings will be saved when you exit the program so your virtual synth will be just how you left it the next time you load it as a virtual instrument. And if you don't work with a DAW, don't worry -- with 61 semi-weighted keys and all the knobs you need to tweak your sound right on the unit, the TI2 is all you need in a standalone synthesizer.
Features:- DSP-powered analog modeling synthesizer
- 61 semi-weighted keys with pitch bend wheel and modulation wheel
- TI2 upgrade brings 25% more calculating power, new effects, and a redesigned housing
- Create sound with three LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from and two ADSR envelopes
- Dual DSP-based sound engines dynamically allocate resources depending on patch complexity
- 20 to 90 voice polyphony depending on patch
- Over 3,000 preset patches so you'll have plenty of sounds to play with
- 512 user-assignable patches
- More than 7,000 patches available as a free download from the Access Virus library
- Oscillator modes: virtual analog, wavetable, hypersaw, graintable, and formant table
- 192 onboard effects including reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, frequency shifter, ring modulator, distortion, three-band EQ, and more
- Two independent multi-mode filters
- Filter modes: high pass, low pass, band pass, band stop, and an analog filter modeled after the Moog MiniMoog cascade filter
- 32-step user-programmable arpeggiator pattern for each patch
- Program your own arpeggio or select from 64 preset patterns
- Modulation Matrix with six slots, each featuring one source and three destinations for simulating complex wiring schemes
- Automatically syncs tempo with incoming audio signals
- Tempo Tap button for inputting your own tempo
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations
- Studio-grade 24-bit digital/analog converters
- 192 kHz internal signal processing
- Seamlessly integrates with a DAW setup using a single USB cord
- Compatible as VST, AU, and RTAS virtual instrument plug-in
- Three stereo 1/4-inch outputs
- Stereo 1/4-inch input
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- USB port for audio, MIDI, and data connection
- S/PDIF input and output for digital I/O
- Control and hold 1/4-inch pedal inputs
- Dedicated headphone output
- Includes anti-theft key lock slot
- Sturdy metal chassis
- Illuminated logo can pulsate in tempo with the music
- Powered via included power supply
- USB cable and Quick Start manual also included
- Used by artists like Above & Beyond, Armin van Buuren, Apparat, ATB, Booka Shade, BT, Chemical Brothers, Cliff Martinez, Craig David, Crystal Method, Danny Elfman, David Arnold, Dido, Deadmou5, Deep Dish, Depeche Mode, DJ Sasha, Garbage, HIM, Icon Of Coil, Klaus Schulze, Laurie Anderson, Lil Jon, Linkin Park, Massive Attack, NAS, Neptunes, Nine Inch Nails, Orbital, Paul Van Dyke, Pet Shop Boys, Prodigy, Radiohead, Rush, Scissor Sisters, Scooter, Stevie Wonder, Thomas Dolby, Tiesto, Timbaland, Tool, Underworld, Usher and more
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Access products.
Inputs and Outputs:
6 Symmetrical outs with +4dB studio level
Optional Soft Limiting for every output
192 Khz/24bit D/A converters
2 Inputs with 24-bit A/D converters
4 different input sensitivities
USB for audio, midi and data connection
USB2 compatible device, 12Mbit data transfer rate
S/PDIF In/Out for Digital I/O.
Dedicated headphone out.
Pure Tuning (Licensed)
What's in the box?:
Printed Quick start manual in English, German, French and Spanish
Power Supply (Virus TI Desktop/Snow only)
Line voltage: 100-240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
Maximum continuous power: 30W
Operating temperature: 50 degrees to 95 degrees F (10 degrees to 35 degrees C)
Storage temperature: -40 degrees to 116 degrees F (-40 degrees to 47 degrees C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Mac: Apple Logic 9 and higher, Steinberg Cubase 5 and higher, Pro Tools 7.3 M-Powered, LE, or TDM and higher, Ableton Live 7 and higher
- PC: Steinberg Cubase SX/SL 4 and higher, Pro Tools 8 M-Powered, LE or TDM and higher, Cakewalk Sonar Producer X, and Ableton Live 8 and higher
Please note that other sequencers/versions might work as well but Access will eventually support all functionality. Access strongly recommends only using certified products.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Access offers a 24 month, limited manufacturers warranty on all of their products.
Access Virus TI2 Keyboard Modeling SynthHere's what you get with the Access Virus TI2 Keyboard:
- The convenience of a VST software synth with the power of a hardware synth.
- Hands on control saves from using a mouse or MIDI controller to tweak parameters.
- OS updates are constantly adding features and improvements.
- Unmatched sounds and effects.
- Same features as the Access Virus TI2 Desktop, but with a pro-grade keyboard.
The Access VIRUS TI2 synthesizer keyboard is designed to lead the world in a completely different direction. Total Integration uses innovative technology to greatly expand the VIRUS Synthesizer, resulting in an advanced stage/standalone instrument, while simultaneously extending the product capabilities with a suite of compelling studio integration features.
The Virus TI2 Synthesizer has 25% more calculating power and sports a redesigned housing and front panel than its predecessor. Access also used materials to bring down the weight of the keyboard. On the software side of things, a major feature update, OS4, adds several FX such as a Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter and several Distortion algorithms along with a feature called Character.
Character allows you to adjust the overall tone of a preset reminiscent of several vintage and well-known synthesizers. In addition you can emphasis certain aspects of the patch to allow it to cut better through the mix, or fade it into the background with an extra-wide stereo field. The distortions were built from scratch and feature an extreme dynamic range along with sophisticated controls to tailor the sound to your specific needs. They can add everything from warm, tube-like overtones to complete sonic deconstruction more reminiscent of circuit-bending. The algorithms also include a revamped bit and sampling-rate reduction, allowing you to change the quality and cutoff point with precise, continuously variable control.
The stereo Frequency Shifter and the Ring Modulator are state of the art algorithms modeled with old '70s stomp boxes in mind.
The Tape Delay goes way beyond the possibilities of the real Tape Delays in the '60s and '70s. It smoothly syncs to tempo, lets you decide if a Doppler effect takes place when changing the tempo, and even switching the delay time between presets is all smooth, making it perfect for performers. Last but not least, a modification to the main VCA algorithm enables OS4 users to design gating FX known from electro and minimal influenced music.
Virus Control has received a completely redesigned user-interface thanks to various improvement requests over the last years. The plug-in now features a side chain input allowing you to mangle audio from a sequencer track with the FX and sound engine of the hardware Virus (for selected hosts only).
OS4OS4 for the entire Virus TI line of synthesizers brings 6 more distortion flavors to the table, modeled on vintage guitar distortion pedals. Every one of these classic pedals is famous for its distinctive character and has been exploited by some of the greatest guitar heroes of all time. The virtual stomp boxes feature carefully modeled distortion curves and tonal characteristics and include tone controls where appropriate.
- Mint Overdrive - The sound of this one just screams tubes - a very special kind of overdrive which results in a wonderful smokey tone. Good for achieving a subtle distortion effect whilst still retaining headroom for dynamics.
- Curry Overdrive - A more extreme distortion, like in the original, this does not feature a Tone control.
- Saffron Overdrive - The orange one. A very harsh distortion, popular with the grunge movement.
- Onion Overdrive - A big distortion effect famous for its fuzzy character.
- Pepper Overdrive - A clear, powerful distortion thats perfect for making leads cut right through the mix. Tone control to soften sound with a lowpass filter.
- Chili Overdrive - A classic "fuzzbox" overdrive. No tone control, just in-your-face fuzz.
Vowel FilterThis effect is a simple and effective way to vocalize any sound similar to the way a talk box or vocoder would do.
Comb FilterThe comb filter creates everything from subtle, pitched overtones to extreme time-warped deconstruction of any given patch.
Arpeggiator To MatrixOS4 for the Virus TI series introduces a powerful feature that allows you use the arpeggiator pattern to modulate any of the parameters available to the modulation matrix. You can use this to create dynamic, rhythmical patterns within a sound, similar to what you can achieve with a step sequencer.
Power Supply: Power Supply, Virus TI Desktop/Snow only (Included)