PRS Paul Reed Smith MT-15 Mark Tremonti Guitar Amplifier Head (15 Watts)

PRS Paul Reed Smith MT-15 Mark Tremonti Guitar Amplifier Head (15 Watts)

Built for massive tones, the MT-15 generates more than enough oomph for the Alter Bridge and Creed axeslinger. Switch down to 7 watts for bedroom jamming.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 6, 2018 by Shane Johnson in South Bend, IN
"Sexy"
I have played now for about 30 yrs yea I am old, so what! I’m a metal head a heart and a music freak! I have owned ALOT of amps in that time and let me tell you WOW! The dynamics the overtones, rich harmonic distortion is amazing!! This is thee sickest amp I’ve ever heard! From blues country Rock or core metal. It does it all!! Took a few hours of playing to get the tubes to start saturating. Nothing compares to the feel of a tube amp. Also this thing is LOUD!! I love it on 1/2 power it’s still loud but can get them tubes to saturate just a little more. I gave it 4 stars on features because it has none really but is exactly what it needs to be a kick ass amp!! Never Forget the best company in the world zZounds!!! Thanks guys!!
30 yrs
Metal, Rock, Blues, instrumentals
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 8, 2018 by Brandon T in Paso Robles , CA
"You won’t be disappointed "
I have owned and played a lot of amps in the 17 years I’ve been playing ,and this is hands down one of my favorites AT ANY WATTAGE. Don’t be a rookie and fall for the 1-150 watt fallacy, (look up an article on the volume difference to the human ear between 10-100 watts.. it’s something like 10 percent ). Where most heavy gain capable amps lack a competent clean channel; this one sparkles and could easily serve as your main amp for gigging . I can turn it to about 1 in my living room. Separate channel volume knobs and eq knobs eliminate the need to run 2 amps for clean and distorted . The tubes are fully lit up by hidden blue (clan Chan) and red (gain) LED’s and it looks amazing. This lunchbox is slightly larger than an orange or EVH etc. its about half of a normal size head , and the enclosure feels rugged and practical. love it!!
Playing guitar for 17 years , played semi pro in several heavy bands
Hard rock, metal, stoner rock, crust
25 of 26 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 18, 2019 by Kyle Barker in Anderson, AL
"Best amp for the buck!"
This 2019 MT 15 is absolutely insane! Compact amp with a boutique sound is amazing for the price! This updated version has a quiet effects loop for anyone who’s concerned about that. I’m totally impressed with this and if they ever come out with a 100 watt I will be buying that one as well! zZounds payment plan makes it affordable so you do not break the bank and I love that!
Home Studio
Blues/Rock metal and power chords
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 7, 2019 by Andrew Nitz in Watford City, ND
"PRS amp owned by an anti-PRS guitar guy"
I use this amp mainly as a pedal platform and the clean channel is absolutely perfect for that. Very "higher wattage" Fender type clean channel that took all of my pedals beautifully after less than half an hour of tinkering with my 14 pedals (4 of which are catalinbread amp-in-a-box style pedals. Dirty channel. After some time and adjusting of EQ, I came to find that, with the presence knob at about noon to 3oclock, running the bass at around 9-11oclock and mids &Treble full up had the best Tone in my opinion. Never really ran a 2 channel amp's dirty EQ that way, so that wasn't my first shot at finding a tone I like. One thing that really sucks about this amp, and something I've read quite a lot of agreeing reviews about, is that the effects loop is quite noisy with anything you put in the loop... Delay, reverb, modulation, etc etc, with power adapter or battery, same noise. Disappointing because I like a touch of reverb on at all times, and reverb sounds awful running into a distorting amp. Oh well.
18 years of playing guitar, bass, keys
Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, Jam
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 24, 2020 by Jon Banta in Joplin, MO
"Review"
This is an amazing amp. To put it through its paces I used a tiny micro terror and a Mesa Boogie 2x12 cabinet. Using a Richie Kotzen tele and an EMG-loaded Les Paul Custom, I tried many different styles.I started off with the eq at noon and at half-power. The first thing was that this amp throws a lot of low-end. But it is not unusable in any way. It is just full. The only way to really experience this is by playing is I guess.The boost also worked amazingly. I do wish that is is footswitch-controlled because it throws a lot more gain.Then there is the lead channel. After experiencing the clean volume, I started with volume off and gradually brought it in. The highest I could get it without causing pain was 9:00. This amp is loud as hell! The lead sounded every bit as good as my Mesa Tremoverb and Road King , so I wasn’t missing anything in the gain department. Reverb would have been great, but I have pedals I guess.At the end of the day, this is the happiest I’ve ever been with an amplifier. I look forward to years of incredible sounds in a small package. Remember, this was not full power!
This is the best amp I’ve played for most styles.
I’d like reverb but does it have to have it? Nope.
It started off with a great sound!
Amazing quality!
Worth every penny
Never needed them
The blue and red Led lights were an awesome touch!
Mostly rock, but I’ve played in all bands
Anything played with emotion is amazing

Submitted November 7, 2019 by a customer from yahoo.com in Golden Valley, AZ
"Amp From Hell"
Crushing Metal tones. This amp has an insane amount of gain and the wattage is definitely underrated. It sounds especially heavy it you add a BBE Sonic Stop (sonic maximizer) or an EQ pedal into the effects loop. If you enjoy playing Thrash, Death Metal, Speed Metal, Nu Metal or the heaviest of all Heavy Metal, this amp definitely will not disappoint.
42 years. Guitar and Bass.
Punk, Thrash, Death Metal, Black Metal, Grindcore.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 23, 2020 by Jason Blymyer in CLEVELAND, NC
"I call it cream and sugar....."
You like smooth and sweet? This tone is amazing.....Tremonti hit the spot in this little box..... Unfortunately the one and only flaw ( a fatal one in my specific case).......No emulated output!!!! That tore my heart out.... A huge disappointment after hearing this butter maker!!
I call it cream and sugar..... Tremonti hit the spot in this little box..... Unfortunately the one and only flaw ( a fatal one in my specific case).......No emulated output!!!! That tore my heart out.... A huge disappointment after hearing this butter maker!!
Love the metal sturdy frame on this thing. It’s how every amp should be constructed!
Fairly easy to use unfortunately in my case using a DI box caused an unbelievable amount of background noise, I have old wiring in my house and I could definitely tell. My DI transformer did nothing to supress the hum.
Fine product when it comes to sturdiness
Definitely get your bang for the buck it’s loaded with vacuum tubes.
Didn’t have to deal with customer service thanks to zZounds awesome work.
The tone is amazing.
I mostly jam at home and like to play anything from Metallica style rock to slow jam blues
Rock, blues, metal

Submitted February 21, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"I just don't know how to feel"
Well I have had this head for about three years now and have only had one pre amp tube go out. The sound is big and full still hard to believe this thing is 15 watts. But as much as I love having this in my arsenal, I have had nothing but issues I can't get help from sweetwater I can't get help from prs and last night the head literally shot sparks and fried during recording. So I'll be going ahead getting a mesa and probably just leave it broken. Because as it sits now it is nothing more than just a paper weight. I would recommend getting all the Chinese internal stuff switched to american made. Because as long as it works the way it is supposed it is a WONDERFUL head and I do truely mean WONDERFUL.

Submitted March 27, 2019 by J H
"Sounds Great"
Great Cleans and love the Lead channel. Do buy a pedal to keep it quiet on the Lead channel
Started playing guitar at 8 so 54 years playing
Rock, metal, blues, progressive
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 30, 2020 by a customer from gmaol.com
"Not a good buy"
I’ve owned and played on many amps. This thing has an uncanny buzz on both the clean and distorted channel. And I do mean a loud buzz. Was this way on arrival. You cannot record with it as the buzz is so prevalent. Upon research I’ve found many users have had this problem. It’s not affect by a noise gate. I’m using a dbx noise gate.Idk how the reviews here became so overwhelmingly positive for a product that arrives with such a glaring defect.

Submitted December 16, 2018 by Robert N in Port Richey, FL
"Over-hyped / Major letdown"
I've purchased a large variety of amps, and never before have I been so disappointed like I was with the MT-15. I decided to buy this amp after reading/watching all of the hype about it online, but after playing it for myself I have found that it sounds quite awful. The Good:It has a nice clean tone, but no crunch. I don't typically use the clean channel on a tube amp. It seems silly to me. I prefer old-fashioned volume knob roll off to obtain a variety of tones, which is what this amp is poor at doing. It had a solid construction. Lunchbox type. The Bad: It's a one-trick pony. And it does not sound good for anything but harsh metal tones. It's very fuzzy and heavy in the highs. It is not sweet sounding. Altering the knobs did not affect the sound a whole lot. I experimented with the MT-15 for about 2 hours. It was all for not, because I realized that the awful tone I was trying to remove... was just the voice of the amp itself. It's not a good amp for blues, and certainly not for rock. I even question it's metal capabilities... because while it does not lack gain, it just has an annoying voice. I played my Gibson Les Paul and SG through it (BB's and 57's), it was awful. I tried my PRS Baritone on it, it was worse. I tried my ESP Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Slash Alnico II's, nadda. It was very very bad. I even plugged in my pedal board (TS9, Porkloin, Fuzz Face, Delay/Reverb, Wah, Flanger, Supa-Trem) to see if maybe that would produce some warm/sweet tones, but no dice. My playstyle of rolling the volume knob to access a variety of tones between clean/dirty did not suit this amp either. The amp did not clean up well on the overdrive channel at all. Your options are super gain, or less super gain. It does not have a gentle bone in it's body. If you like amps that thrash and thud your skull until you have a migraine, this is the amp for you. Before admitting defeat, I plugged in my old Marshall DSL, Blackstar, etc, to see if perhaps it was just me. Maybe my ear was somehow off. But no, those amps sounded SO much better. There was no comparison. I normally would not have spent so much time trying to get one decent sound from an amp that I really dislike, but the hype and raving reviews for the MT-15 had me convinced that it was good, and I was just missing something. But I wasn't. It's a very poor sounding amp, and a major letdown.The MT-15 belongs to Mark Tremonti only I guess, or those who only love his sound. That's the sound he prefers... for whatever music he plays. This is not a player-friendly amp. You cannot get the sound you want out of it. It sounds like THIS only, and nothing else. I returned this amp, and went with something else, and am much happier. Lastly, regarding the negatives of construction... the feet on the bottom of the amp aren't high enough to stack it on another head, or any cabinet with a handle on it. How stupid is that.
12 Years Exp
Blues, Rock, Hard Rock
9 of 39 people (23%) people found this review helpful. Did you?