Orange OR15H Guitar Amplifier Head (15 Watts)

Orange OR15H Guitar Amplifier Head (15 Watts)

Take a step back to the '70s with the OR15H. This head combines the latest in Orange design and tone with a decisively vintage vibe.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 10, 2014 by Nymphadora M in Goodyear, AZ
"New vintage amplifier"
I love this amplifier!! It does what it's supposed to. It's much louder than I thought it would be.....15 watts RMS into my 4-12 cab is so loud I use a Weber 50 watt Load Dump to tame it. This amp does everthing I need it to, and has an effect loop as well. Get one now!!
Playing 40 years
Classic rock, electric blues, vampyre rock
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 24, 2016 by Kevin H in Fontana, CA
"Great amp!"
I owned the Tiny Terror, and while a great amp, felt like it was missing something. I bought the OR15 (black tolex) with matching PPC112. The OR15 is like the Tiny Terror's big brother. A couple things worth mentioning: - The stock tubes are okay, but if you want more clean headroom, go with Mullards. - PPC112 is a good cabinet, but the Laney IRT112 sounds better (better bass especially) and is less expensive. - The amp only has one channel and sounds great with a Black Arts Toneworks Coven
25 years
everything from Jeff Beck to Sabbath
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 15, 2014 by William N in chesapeake, VA
"Monster amp"
This is a fantastic amp. Geared more towards classic rock, but will do clean and metal. Clean is very nice, along the lines of Vox, not as pristine as Fender. Pretty loud in clean, but you may need to mic it for small gigs. No need to mic it on classic rock and 80's metal. For hardcore stuff, you will probably need some pedals. This is an awesome base amp. Wonderful tones and good power. Single channel, but would be a dream with pedals as alt channels. Has an effects loop, which is fantastic. This is the best amp I've owned, and I've had a Fender Twin, and a Marshall jvm. I like this better than both. It's a little loud, even on 7 watts, for apartments and such, but is great for home use, practice, and small gigs.
Been playing for 35 yrs, not professionally. Guitar player, strat, parker, gibson. prs
rock
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 3, 2018 by Mike B in PITTSBURGH, PA
"This amp is solid AF..."
I initially bought this amp because I'm getting older and i don't want to lug around hundreds of lbs. of gear anymore and this is a nice compact head. Man, this thing packs a punch though. Nice warm cleans, filthy overdrive, and loud enough to wake your chubby neighbors up. Great job Orange.
Playing 20+ years half pro half garage.
Shoegaze, Metal, Alternative, Space rock.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 27, 2019 by Travis S in Westfield, NY
"Classic Rock/Durability"
I've had this amp for 6 years and have no intentions of getting rid of it. Bought it originally to play in a KISS Tribute band.Kept it around because the tone is right up my alley. Get great Cleans for an Elvis tune, all the way to high gain for Alice Cooper Shock Rock. This amp is DURABLE! Dropped off the stand during a gig from a good three feet and nothing broke. Light and Portable, Simple and Stylish!
Playing for 9 Years/Professionally for 4 years
Classic Rock, Rock, Shock Rock, Metal, Blues, and Funk
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 30, 2019 by Mike Stearns in Hanover, PA
"Its a Dream"
I can't find a bad sound on this. With my HSS Strat, you get everything from glassy cleans, to Hendrixy neck pickup sounds, to Thin Lizzy once you flip on the humbucker. Crank the gain and the bass and mid knobs and you're in Dopesmoker territory. Plug in a high-output humbucker through an OD and its metal city. It could be a *hair louder, but I'm also chalking that up to currently having a cab with crappy speakers.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 28, 2020 by Shawn Curto in Calumet, MI
"W.O.W !!!"
This amp is very versatile, loud, and houses an extreme amount of mojo.I mean, WOW. I like it a whole lot more than my 6505mh and TH30.
Professional
Rock, Blues, Metal, Sludge, Stoner, Classical, Jazz

Submitted October 12, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Disappointed"
I ordered this amp in May of 2020. About two weeks ago I Started to get nothing but horrible static and volume drops and random increases when playing. It’s totally unusable. I’ve replaced tubes and that fixed it for a day or so then back to the same problem. I contacted zZounds and they happily gave me the number to orange and told me they were very “strict” on their return policy since this was outside 45 days. Come on even guitar center has better terms than that. Now I’m stuck with an amp I’ve owned less than six months that I’ll have to ship off to get worked on. That’s fine if you want to stick it to your customers I’ll just be more “strict” on who I buy from in the future. Oh and this isn’t the first product from zZounds I’ve had an issue with either. I oddly had the same sort of issue with an apogee unit. Tons of static and not usual able. Fortunately that broke down in less than 10 days so I shipped it back. I can’t overstate how unhappy I am with this purchase and the customer service at sounds.
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?