When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-4CB1

Rating and Reviews: Orange Micro Dark Amp

This 20-watt Orange tube/solid-state hybrid amplifier is perfect for the bedroom shredder. Plug it into a big cab for a sound that's anything but "micro."

"Monster tone, questionable size... Wizardry! " submitted March 19, 2016

By Kenny R in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, bass, drums. producer. record and jam at home studio.
Music Style: U2, Angels and Airwaves style delays and effects, Sum 41/Blink 182 punk sounds, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada and Kil
Sound: Monster distortion when you need it, sparkly cleans when you want. The shape feature lets you dial in your perfect sound. Feature: Lightweight and portable, obviously! The shape feature is a huge selling point. CabSim on headphone out makes it an even cooler amp for recording and playing quietly. EFFECTS LOOP! 'nuff said. Ease of Use: Volume, Shape, Gain. Dassit. Doesn't get much simpler than that. Oh, and EFFECTS LOOP! Quality: Hard metal casing, hard to dent. All the pots are smooth and don't crack up and the imputs/output jacks are firm and sturdy. Value: Selling point of 189 is beyond worth it for the amount of sound you get out of this thing and the versatility it provides. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support The Wow Factor: Again, that Shape feature is just.. wow. Also the fact that its so tiny, smaller than a lunchbox, and it blows many things out of the water... Overall: For my first Orange Amp, I purchased the 'regular' Micro Terror, the white one. It treated me well and I had fantastic tone and options, the only thing it seemed to lack was just a tad bottom end. Although I mostly used it for effects like delays and reverbs and clean tones similar to Angels and Airwaves and punk overdrives like Sum 41. the Micro DARK, however... is a different beast. The shape feature on this amp is tremendous. I worked at a music store when we just got them in stock, and I just kind of blew them off thinking it was just a black Micro Terror... until I plugged it in. There is near infinite amounts of tonal options you get from this amp. Turn down the gain and raise the volume, I hit the full potential of what the Micro Terror gave me. Crank up the gain and I get all the distortion and punch I want. Love using it with my TS9 overdrive. This amp is well worth the money. Its lightweight, inexpensive and reliable as an amp can be. Starting to think hybrids are the future...

"Plenty of amp for the size and price" submitted April 1, 2016

By Ross K in Linden, TX
Musical Background: Off and on for 30+ years
Music Style: rock,blues,hard rock and metal
Overall: I received my Micro Dark Terror yesterday,it was packaged very nicely,so I took it out of the packaging,it feels solid,great construction,I plugged it up into my 4-12"-300 watt speaker cabinet and I was and still amazed how awesome it sounds! even at a very low volume it sounds great,the shape knob is the heart of this amp,it creates any sound I need from fairly clean to major distortion,which is primarily what I use it for. as I started turning the volume up it really came to life,the highest gain settings have a round thick sound,not overly saturated but plenty of usable gain,then turning the shape knob counter clockwise it starts getting cleaner,and more of a treble response,I am running my reverb pedal through the effects loop,really expanded the sound,really spacious quality sounds..for me this amp is a great deal and delivers what I was hoping for,I even have the amps gain up all the way,and roll the volume off and it cleans up nicely or with some great crunch,its a keeper for me,i am glad that I made this purchase..for me Zzounds customer service is second to none,all you have to do is call them up or shop online,they deliver every time,their employees are knowledgable and friendly and get the job done,,I ordered this Micro Dark Terror online on a Tuesday evening,got the shipping notice emails on Wednesday late afternoon,and the package arrived at my front door on Thursday by 1030 am!! so fast !! also Zzounds pay as you play is awesome,I have purchased 3 items on the pay as you play plan,and you always get the best service!! Thank you Zzounds!! I have never had to use Oranges customer service on any of their products,but they still get 5 stars from me.

"Big Tone Tiny Package!" submitted November 28, 2016

By KC Woodall in Forney, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 8 years. Played professionally, bedroom rocker as well.
Music Style: Rock/Hiphop/Metal/Country
Overall: I do a lot of research before making any kind of purchase. So I knew what this little thing was capable of upon purchasing. I was genuinely impressed by the tone quality and overall loudness of this amp. One thing that caught me by surprise was how great the clean tones were! Most choose the Dark Terror for Hard Rock/Metal tones but this thing really does it all! I highly recommend for pedal users (it has a built in effects loop.) As well as anyone who needs a variety of tonality in a small compact package. This thing powers a 4x12 no problem and the sound is truly something you need to plug in and here for yourself. PS: I bought the tiny PPC108 Cabinet to go with it and it cranks out some incredible volume and sounds like a big cabinet! Tons of low end, snappy mids, and bell-like highs. Great package.

"Micro Amp = Mega Tone!" submitted February 21, 2017

By Brian B in Presidential Lakes, NJ
Musical Background: Been gigging out, playing guitar for 6 tears
Music Style: I'm big into classic rock and alternative, but I'm starting to get into blues and other genres.
Sound: The tone knob in the middle is fun to play with. Feature: Pre-amp tube swapping is fun and you can actually notice the difference Ease of Use: Easy to get tones out of it by using the volume, tone and gain knobs. Search for Laura Cox on youtube, as she has a great video of the different tones you can play with this thing. I stole her knob settings to get the same tones. This amp is ultra light! Quality: The only bad thing is the switch, it feels like it might break. Everything else seems pretty solid. Value: Worth far beyond the price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: This thing can CRANK for the small size of it. Overall: This amp is extremely versatile! Main change I did was swap the tube out for an RCA 12au7. The volume went up a bit but the tube swap took the gain down, but you can still get a great sound out of it. The headphones sound great, I don't care what everyone else says. I watched a few videos on youtube and stole their knob o'clocks to try this thing out. Got this on the cheap and it has more than surpassed my expectations for the price

"Wow!!!" submitted January 28, 2017

By An drew V
Musical Background: Home player
Music Style: Rock and Metal
Overall: I've been on the fence for some time on whether or not to buy this amp. I'm glad I did. The tone's that I'm able to get are incredible. Don't be fooled by 3 knobs. This amp is very versatile. Between the amps tone and gain knobs and the volume on my guitar I'm able to get most any sound. I tend to favor classic rock to some modern metal, and this sucker handles them well. My previous amp was a marshall DSL5c, and In my opinion the Orange sounds better and has more useful tones. I also purchased the Orange cab that goes with the Micro Terror series, and again was very surprised at the sound. I'm not knocking the Marshall, it sounded good, but to my ears this sounds better. Not to mention the Orange head and cab are a little more than $200 less than the Marshall. One other thing to consider, tubes aren't cheap and the Orange only has one (though you would never know from the sound). Oh yeah, they even have a speaker cable included, so order the head and cab and you are good to go. No tax ordering with zZounds and free 2 day shipping. They gained another customer.

"Unbelievable Value!" submitted May 5, 2016

By Pete R
Musical Background: 25 year hobbyist
Music Style: Blues, Metal
Sound: This is my second Orange product. The first was it's brother, the Micro Terror. That one needed a tube change (Ruby) to make it sound good to my ears. No issue with the tube in this baby. Perfectly voiced. Look, I know tone is subjective, but to my ears this sounds perfect. I run my eq between 11 and 12 o'clock, that does it for me Feature: Not a lot of buttons makes it quick to dial in your tone. Effects loop works great for your modulation pedals. Ease of Use: Again, not a lot of buttons. If you want to change tubes, it's 12 screws. Easy, but necessary IMO. Quality: Small metal casing. Looks bullet proof. Value: EASILY THE BEST VALUE OF ANY LOW WATTAGE HEAD!!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any. The Wow Factor: My friend looked at it and said "Wow, this thing is small." Then I fired it up and his eyes opened wide. This is a common reaction from what I have seen. Overall: First off, many thanks to zZounds for their payment plans. My order went smoothly and shipping was very quick. I can honestly say that I am an Orange guy now. The first week I had this thing I would come home from work, plug in, lay on my bed, and just play power cords though my Kramer 84 Bullseye with a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom.

"May Look LIke A Toy But Watch Out!" submitted April 19, 2016

By Kenny H in Browning, IL
Musical Background: Semi-pro and recording hobbiest
Music Style: rock, country, blues
Overall: Have had this little beast for maybe a week now and it just keeps on impressing me. I was able to compare this little guy with the Micro Terror and the Ibanez TSA15. played the TSA15 the longest but after plugging into the Micro Dark at 1/3 of the price, I walked out with the Micro Dark. I was looking for more gain than the Micro Terror had plus an effects loop in which the Micro Dark fit the bill perfectly. I think that the Micro Dark may have even had more gain than the TSA15 come to think of it. It seems to take regular pedals as well as multi-effect pedals well. For those of you who have had noise problems with this amp, there is a chance that the preamp tube could have went bad during shipping so before you give up on it, take it to an amp repair shop or call Orange and see if they will send you another preamp tube. Also keep in mind that reverb, delay and chorus pedals can be ran through effects loop but that distortion, wah, boost, etc. should be ran through the front input jack. Hope this review helps others. Check out Orange Amp web for owners manual. I love this thing. ROCK ON ORANGE!!!

"Tiny amp, monster sound" submitted March 4, 2017

By Scott Hughes in Oceanside, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 40 years. I play gibsons, mostly les pauls.
Music Style: 70's 80's hard rock. Zep, sabbath, thin lizzy, etc.
Overall: I went and visited my buddy in Massachusetts, and he had just purchased this from zZounds. I couldn't believe how loud this was with just a 1x8 cab. He knew i loved it, and last week a box came from zZounds. Yeah, he sent me one. I don't need my peavey 6505 plus anymore. The only thing i did was install a tungsol 12ax7. Higher gain tube than the stock jj tube. Mad it even more of a beast!!

"Great little amp" submitted February 23, 2017

By Kasey F in Killeen, TX
Overall
Overall: Great little amp. It's very simple, so if you need tons of controls, it's not for you. But what it does have is great. I'll be using it for many years to come.

"Killer Amp" submitted September 2, 2017

By John C
Overall
Overall: I've heard the online demos and they all sounded great. Different cabs, speakers, clean to fully distorted and at this price point what have I got to lose. This amp is killer. I think it's a game changer in a lot of ways. It's incredibly light and small that puts out this huge sound. Why lug around a heavy head when you can use this? Got all the tones I need and an fx loop. This amp does it all.

"It is what it is..." submitted September 25, 2017

By Cesar T in Houston, TX
Overall
Overall: ...and it is great. infinitely better than any micro amp you could buy and well worth the price. You'll get the tone you want and it is loud as f*#@. Can't go wrong. ONLY downside is the lack of 2 channels but that's not a big deal. really.

"Orange dark micro" submitted March 20, 2016

By Brent W in Warwick, RI
Musical Background: Playing 10 year
Music Style: Punk metal surf
Overall: Well I have to start with the amp. It is underwelming. worth its weight in gold however I have a peavey 20w valve King and it blows this amp out of the water for 100 dollars more. That being said this thing is great with headphones and has great gain sound but if you want an amp that does both this is not for you. It's clean tones are weak to say the list. zZounds on the other hand gets 5 stars. Best customer service ever!. The amp didn't come with a power cable so I emailed sounds and working 12 hours they responded. Witching 18 hours of the first email they rush shipped me the part I needed for free. Doesn't get better then that!In short.. Orange micro dark is alright for the price but zZounds customer service is the best.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-4CB1. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449