Marshall Origin 20H Guitar Amplifier Head (20 Watts)

Marshall Origin 20H Guitar Amplifier Head (20 Watts)

Whether you're jamming in your den or gigging a club, the Marshall Origin20H will deliver true ECC83/EL34 tone thanks to its Powerstem power scaling options.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted January 15, 2020 by Dante P in Arvada, CO
"Vintage Tone on a Budget"
I wanted that vintage Marshall tone but didn't want to break the bank, I was able to pick this up with the matching 2x12 slant cab for just $750 here on zZounds. This thing gives me all that Marshall vintage sound and feel. This is a pedal platform amp and simply sings with my Fulltone PlimSoul plugged right in the front (in my opinion effects loops are for reverb and delay only and even that is debatable), I am going to pick up a Tube Screamer for that SRV goodness and a RAT for those 80's high gain rock tones , if you want vintage Marshall tone (Think Hendrix, Zeppelin) and can't justify $1300 for the Studio Vintage head this is the amp head to get, if you need more than 20W go for the 50W version at just $100 more. This is definitely a situation where less is more if you're looking for an amp with a multitude of features or high gain look elsewhere this is a very basic 1 channel amp with a boost feature and NO reverb.
I've been playing off and on for 25yrs
Classic Rock, Blues, 80's Rock
14 of 14 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 20, 2020 by JEREMY L in Buffalo, NY
"Just great sound"
I purchased this with the single speaker cabinet and its been a couple of days so I thought that I could write a review. It was either this or a Blues Junior and I took my time with the choice, I chose the Origin 20 for these reasons. First, the sound is amazing, it has got that warm creamy tube sound that we all love. The best feature for me is the variable power output selector. I play at home and sometimes jam with a few friends. One of the problems I have always had with tube amps is that I need enough power to jam, but also don't need to loosen the light fixtures. So this is perfect, I keep it at the lowest setting at home and can still turn it up, and just last night played with a few friends and turned it to the highest setting. Keep in mind this is a single channel amp, so you will need a few pedals to get the tone you want. Distortion, reverb, etc. I also use a wireless transmitter through my pedalboard and directly into the amp and have had no issues with noise. It comes with cables if you are buying the combo, but I opted for a better cable. Not too heavy, but definitely has some weight. In the end could not be happier unless it was free.
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 8, 2018 by Stuart R in Columbia, MD
"Poor Man's Plexi"
I had been looking for an affordable, lower powered Marshall that produces the sounds of the late 60s through 70's, for a long time, and I believe this is the amp to do that. The DSL201 wasn't it. Neither was the DSL15. And the DSL20 is too aggressive for my tastes. I ordered this amp head back in March, a month before it was available. Since it arrived c April 23, I have spent entirely too much time plugged into it! FWIW, I am using it to push a Vintage 30 that I put in a Marshall MX112 cabinet. Compared to my Marshall Haze 40, at half the power, it does just as satisfactory a job of doing Angus, Trower, Page, etc. I am very pleased with the Origin 20H.
Amateur bands since the early 70s.
Rock, Blues, Country
34 of 35 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 31, 2019 by Stuart R in Columbia, MD
"Poor Man's Plexi, one year anniversary update"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
I bought my ORI20H form zZounds almost a year ago. At the time I bought a Marshall MX112 cabinet to go with it because I did not want to have to lug around a 2x12. (I do not have a handwired amp and high end cabinet budget..) As an experiment I immediately replaced the stock Seventy 80 Celestion with a Vintage 30, which has a much richer sound. Nevertheless, it was a struggle to restrain the high end playing through the Vin 30. So, after a a few months I replaced the Vin 30 with a G12M Greenback, and boy am I glad I did. It is so much easier to dial in Zeppelin, AC/DC, Jet, Spin Doctors tones, now, which makes the Origin 20H just that much more of a pleasure to use.
Rock and blues.
21 of 22 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 20, 2020 by Eric S in Woodstock, GA
"Malcolm Approved"
I play in an AC/DC tribute so I ordered an Origin 20 head to get an authentic Malcolm tone at club volume. I took it straight to the gig untested. It was love at first power chord. Warm, full tone with just the right breakup. Malcolm is most certainly smiling down from heaven.
Semi-Pro Guitarist, gigs regularly, pro endorsementa, extensive recording experience.
Hard Rock, Metal. Prog, Originals, Covers, Tribute Bands
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 27, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Awesome amp on the cheap!"
I bought this head along with the origin 212 upright cab to try something different. I have been playing a Blackstar ht40 for years and decided it was time for a change. This amp sounds awesome clean and will get a nice lil crunch to it with the gain up. I see what people say are pedal amps now because this one has a very clean sound that let's the pedals really do their thing. It is very low gain and clean compared to the Blackstar which is awesome because I get to try new sounds and pedals that don't quite work with my other amp. I would definitely recommend giving this amp a try.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 15, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Great tone, but can't keep up with a band."
I received my origin 20 today and was soo excited to jam on it. I definitely has that plexi sound but, dimed this thing isn't close to as loud as my old ass, beat ass Dsl15. If you're looking to upgrade from a Dsl15 just do the Johnnyeggs mod too your Dsl15 and you'll never need another amp. Mind you I've never had to dime the Dsl15 to keep up with a band.
2 of 5 people (40%) people found this review helpful. Did you?