Marshall DSL1HR Guitar Amplifier Head (1 Watt)

Marshall DSL1HR Guitar Amplifier Head (1 Watt)

Featuring adjustable power output for rich tube tone at any volume, the 1-watt Marshall DSL1HR amp head sounds excellent even through the headphone output.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted March 8, 2018 by Charles T in Garland, TX
"Rock monster"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Don’t let the size fool you this is a beast. The clean is clean but as you turn it up you get blues then a bit of crunch. Hit the footswitch and welcome to Rock and Metal zone especially when using a TubeScreamer to boost it. I must say I am impressed. I now am one step closer to the exact tone I am wanting I just might find it if I play with this amp long enough. It isn’t too loud to upset the wife so definitely points for that. I look forward to many nights of playing and hopefully getting better and not hurting the dogs ears. Thanks Marshall good job on this one.
Beginner electric guitar at home.
Rock Blues Metal Country
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 4, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Git Yer Marshall Mojo On"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Genuine Marshall sound with that killah tube tone you know by ear. Originally had the combo but returned it when it became obvious the stock speaker would have to be upgraded. No thanks, I already have cabs galore ( I really wanted a combo,but oh well). The DSLHR @ 1 watt gets pretty darn loud folks! It is amazing ran thru a Celestion 10" mic'd cab, with a Stratocaster up front. Also amazing is that it drives a 2-12" w Celestions and a stereo 4-10" cab with Celestions and sounds like Marshall Heaven all night long. It's a Hella amp at a sweet price and zZounds had it here in 2 days!
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 19, 2019 by Brian Travis in Pekin, IL
"Hard to believe it’s only 1 watt"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I bought this to use as a bedroom amp plugged into a 112 cabinet and I fell in love with it. I recently modified a Marshall MX 212 cabinet with new speakers to match this head (you only get 16 ohms to play with) and it really opened up. By itself the clean channel is very clean and the gain channel wide open is even better. Don’t let the 1 watt fool you it gets loud enough I can hear myself with a drummer in my basement. I wouldn’t hesitate to use this rig live miced through the PA. And the price tag really makes it a no brainer. If you’re on the fence for a low wattage head this one won’t disappoint, for sure.
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 10, 2018 by Robert Gates in Willseyville, NY
"Absolutely Brilliant! My Favorite Amp Ever!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I can't say enough about this Marshall Amp. It is everything you will love and more. I have played amps that cost ten times as much that aren't nearly as good. It is really fun to play through. I swear I smile every time I use it!
The sound is incredible. Everything you want out of a Marshall! Dirty, Bluesy, and it rocks!
The switch is very handy although the dirty channel is why you use it.
Incredibly easy.
Perfect, just perfect.
It is easily worth five times more.
It is a Marshall. It rocks a Les Paul - My R8 just sounds perfect.
40+ years. Amatuer.
Southern Rock
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 18, 2018 by Chris C in Jefferson, TX
"Marshall DSL1HR"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
I bought it for the Ultra Channel and it sounds great. It has that Marshall growl that I was looking for and I don't scare the neighbors goats when I play. Well at least they don't complain.
I've been playing guitar for about 15 years. I only jam at home.
Noise
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 27, 2018 by Ty K in Chillicothe, OH
"Marshall 1 watt head"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
The 1-watt Marshall DSL head with reverb is a great sounding little amp. Do not let it's size fool you. It sounds best so far through a Marshall 4x12 with Greenbacks and Vintage 30s. The head gets very loud for 1 watt, even switching to low power is kind of loud. The headphones sound great too. Channel one is the clean channel, it does not have a gain pot, only a single volume pot. The cleans are pretty crisp. The clean channel does dirty-up nicely. The real prize with this amp is channel 2, red channel. Great Marshall tone for classic/hard rock! For the price, you really can't beat it for a nice practice/studio amp.
20 of 21 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 23, 2021 by Chris A in Tulsa, OK
"Great 1W Head"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
First off, this amp head is LOUD for 1W, even at the attenuated volume you will piss off the neighbors if you live in an apartment or condo. A 2 channel tube amp w built in fx loop and reverb from Marshall at this price is hard to beat. I mainly use the clean channel and run pedals through that as the dirty channel wasn't quite what I wanted, but it's a nice option to have. If you are a big reverb player than the built in reverb won't be of any use, but if you just use it sparingly like I do it gets the job done. You could easily gig with this head and a single 12" in most venues without issue, especially since most of the time your amp is mic'd once you get into larger venues.
Playing for 25+ years and have played in local cover and original bands.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 18, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Totally impressed "
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I don't know how this little monster does it but I have both the 100 watt and 1 watt DSL amp heads PLUS a modified 100 watt Plexi head and the 1 watt sounds much better even thru a 4/12 cab (but I play it thru my 2/12 mostly) best $400 I've spent I hardly ever play the others anymore , now I wish it cleaned up a little better when the guitar volume is rolled off but still....

Submitted March 10, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Marshall Tube Tone W/Effects Loop"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
The initial reaction to this amp was not very positive as it is more of a one-trick pony when compared to a similarly priced Katana head. This amp provides tube cleans and Marshall crunch/drive with that Marshall sound, only downer is the shared EQ between both channels, but hey at this price, it's no deal-breaker. The effects loop takes it up a notch,option-wise,when compared to our Blackstar 1HR, but we like the Blackstar's sound better overall. Upgrading the tubes is essential so expect to add that cost to your purchase. Overall, for the $$, a Katana head blows it away, but the one thing this Marshall does better is providing the magic of glowing tubes. Get the proper pedals in front of the amp, the rest ran through the effects loop, and a Les Paul will be hard to put down...it's fun. The reverb is better on the Blackstar,so turn it off and use the effects loop on the DSL1HR.
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?