map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-5T81

Rating and Reviews: Marshall DSL100HR Guitar Amp

With even more tonal flexibility than before, the redesigned Marshall DSL100HR guitar amplifier head lets you dial in the perfect tone and make it yours.

"Very versatile head" submitted June 14, 2018

By Ryan M. in St. Petersburg, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 26 years (some professionally but mostly at home now), Ibanez RG, Dean EVO Special w/ DiMarzio Titans, Laney Ironheart 60H
Music Style: Hard rock and metal
Overall: First off, let me state that I predominantly play hard rock and metal. That being said, prior to purchasing the DSL100HR my main amp was a Laney Ironheart 60H. I had a JCM900 2100 years ago, and I've been itching to pick up another Marshall. I was having trouble deciding until the DSL100HR was introduced with the dual master volumes. From the moment I plugged in the amp and messed with the settings, I realized how broad a spectrum this amp could cover. The Classic Gain channel has cleans and nice crunch covered, and the Ultra Gain has harder hitting gain and high gain covered with the OD1 and OD2 settings. OD2 can get a little "fizzy," but that can be corrected with the right balance of the Ultra Gain volume and gain controls. As far as the EQ goes; it's not quite as sensitive as I would like; however, this amp has plenty of bottom end grunt. It is night and day from my Laney (I may have to explore new tubes for that one). The presence and resonance controls are fairly typical of most tube amps. They can either tighten or loosen the sound as well as taming or enhancing the highs. I'm not really sure I've gotten the EQ dialed in enough to use the mid-cut switch yet, but I'm sure the more I play with the controls, I'll be able to utilize the feature. Overall, this is a great head with your typical Marshall tones, but it also offers more dimension than a standard "two channel" amp. With the clean/crunch and OD1/OD2, this amp functions almost as a four channel. Great amp, and I'm very happy with the purchase.

"Marshall tone!!!!" submitted December 20, 2018

By Rodney D. in Honaker, VA
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 36 years
Music Style: Southern rock and classic rock
Overall: I bought this several months ago so I have had the chance to play with it! For the gigging musician this is the amp for you it is very pedal friendly either way you want to run them in front of the pre amp or in the loop ! And Marshall tone for days ! The dual master volumes make it easy to get a lead boost when needed but you will have to buy the extra foot switch which isn't available from zZounds I bought mine from Chicago music exchange it allows you to switch from clean , crunch, od1, od2 and master volume switch also keep in mind the Dsl hr has the dual master volumes the older dsl amps donot have it

"Legendary Marshal Tube Roar" submitted June 9, 2019

By Mike B. in Golden Valley, AZ
Overall
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal.
Overall: Purchased this amp from zZounds on the 6 payment Pay As You Play plan and drove it hard for the 45 day try out period to make sure it didn't develope any problems like new products can sometimes rarely do. I used an attenuator so that I could drive the amp at full power without disturbing all of my neighbors and giving myself tinnitus. This amp rips and it's DEFINITELY a keeper. This amp is the 3rd generation of the original JCM2000 DSL that was am amazing sounding amp, but was plagued with problems like bias drift that would prematurely destroy the power tubes and output transformer as a result of a poorly designed PC board that easily became conductive whenever it got a little dust in it (dust contains silicon, which us conductive). This problem was corrected on the 2nd generation DSL100H and 3rd generation DSL100HR. The DSL100H got a lot of complaints for getting very muddy on the bottom end and having a very shrill red channel. On the DSL100HR those problems have been addressed and it now been revoiced to sound much more similar to the original JCM2000, which Marshall did an excellent job of matching. They also replaced the deep switch that the JCM2000 had with a resonance knob, which is a plus. Another bonus is that (unlike the first 2 generations ofbthis amp) Marshall added 2 master volumes to the HR, giving you much more control over your rones. This amp is easily the most versatile Marshall I have ever owned and it has more gain than one could possibly ever need. The stock tubes are of good quality and the tone of the amp can actually be greatly improved (in spite of it already having amazing tone) by upgrading the power and preamp tubes. I added a matched quad if JJ KT77 power tubes and a EHX 12AX7 in the V1 position (green channel), a Sovtek 12AX7LPS in the V2 position (green and red chanbels), a Svetlana 12AX7 in the V3 position (cathode follower) and a JJ ECC83S with balanced triodes in the V4 position (phase inverter), and ai noticed a huge improvement in sound. The anp seemed to 'come alive' with even more crushing bottom end and a much smoother and fatter distortion, especially on the OD2 red channel, which could get a little harsh with the stock tubes when you turned the gain past 7. Not anymore. Now it seems to compliment the tubes perfectly. The stock power tubes appear to be Marshall rebranded JJ EL34 tubes, while the V1 looks like a rebranded JJ ECC83S branded with the Marshall insignia in red. V2, V3 and V4 are branded with Marshall insignia in white and appear to be Chinese Shuguang 12AX7 tubes, which actually aren't bad tubes at all, just very inexpensive. I would suggest experimenting with different types of 12AX7 tubes in the first 3 positions until you find a sound you really like. Keep in mind that long plate tubes do not last long in V3 and V4 positions because of the voltages and the V4 position should have balanced triodes. Your overdrive and distortion tones are going to be affected most by the V1 and V2 tubes, while V3 affects your natural power tube overdrive at higher volumes. The V4 phase inverter affects how the voltage is supplied to the power tubes, which is why it's important that it is balanced. The DSL was one of Jim Marshall's favorite amps and if he were still alive, I'm pretty sure he would be happy with this newest version. Don't let the price fool you. This amp is no toy; it is a gig worthy professional piece of equipment that should offer you years great tone and enjoyment from it's higher quality design and build, right down to it's boutique-like features (like chassis mounted tube sockets). I wouldn't hesitate to buy this amp again if it were lost or stolen.

"Marshall DSL100HR" submitted December 21, 2018

By Jeff G. in Toledo, OH
Musical Background: Guitar 20+ years jam with friends
Music Style: Classic rock, metal, progressive, jazz
Overall: This amp is awesome! Everytime I fire it up I get a big smile. I own a fender, bugera,and a vox but this takes the cake. Good sound real loud and sounds good at low volumes too and when I plug my boss ME80 in oh boy! So far real happy with this amp the more I play through it the more I like it.

"Marshall DSL 100HR" submitted April 9, 2018

By Bob S. in Oakfiled, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for over 40 years, play live almost every weekend.
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock Jazz and some country.
Overall: Marshall hit it out of the park with this one. This is a great amp!! This is probably going to become my #1 amp, Marshall tones (not tone, but TONES) are available in this one. The clean and crunch tones are harmonically rich on the Classic channel, the OD1 is awesome on the Ultra Channel. The OD 2 I'm not a big fan of, but is still very useable. You have to try it out to understand what I have just said.

"Very Disappointed" submitted November 30, 2018

By Richard R. in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Full time musician. I play guitar and bass in about 3 shows a week
Overall: I purchased this head about 6 months ago. I loved the sound. very versatile, but 1 month ago the amp crapped out. No idea why. I called Marshall and they had me take it to a local warranty provider. It took 2 weeks to find out what was wrong. Then we find out that the part is on back order and won’t be in until Dec 3. So now I havent had the head for over a month.

"Time to stop buying marshall" submitted February 19, 2019

By James S. in Galveston, IN
Musical Background: Playing 35 years
Music Style: Have no music style cant here it out of a broken amp that no one will help to claim the 5 year warranty on
Overall: I purchased a marshall dsl 100 h model from zZounds about a year and two months ago.i loved the sound and the amp. Then it stoped working no sound coming through the amp. All the lights are on all the tubes are glowing all the channel switch but no sound. Contacted zZounds to see where to send the head for the 5 year warranty it is under. Was given a number to usa marshall told it was past 45 days and sorry about your luck no help at all to resolve my problem or help get my warranty claim telling me that after 45 day's zZounds doesn't stand behind the products it sells. As far as zZounds goes i will be paying off my current account and never purchasing from them agion. I try and call usa marshall with no response from them or a call back. I then proceed to try to email them and can not find anyone to email usa marshall dose not exist after a night of searching the web i found that it is actually u s music. I email them and a week later i get a response telling me that there is only one certified marshall repair shop an hour away uncle Albert amp. I call and get a none working number first red flag i think will maybe its legit people change there number like underwear now a day's look it up on Google maps and its a house in a neighborhood secound red flag. Today i load my none working amp up and i have got to see this for myself. Got there took a selfie in front of a duds house that was my only certified marshall repairman. Stoped into a real music store and asked if they had a marshall cert repairman told them what was up . If i would have made my purchases with them as long as it was under warranty they would have gladly shipped it at no cost to me to get it fixed with there repairman (not some random dudes house). The moral to all this is no help from zZounds no way of getting a hold of Marshall in England they tell you to call usa marshall to get sent to some duds house named Albert i now am a proud owner of a 899 dollar dust collector that stoped working two months after i paid it off so what makes you think the new marshall dsl 100 hr or any other marshall you buy and try to make a warranty claim on will be any different will you be sent to albert but i paid as i played boy am i paying.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZT-5T81. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: