When you call, mention priority code 203-0YWP
  • Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur 7:30AM - 11:30PM
  • Fri 7:30AM - 8:30PM

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Spider V 240HC Head

Loaded with 128 present tones, the 240HC provides near limitless inspiration. This head includes full-range stereo speakers to jam at home without the cab.

"Excellent head for the price." submitted February 22, 2018

By Jake N in Portland, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 30+ years professionally and at home. I play guitar and drums.
Music Style: Metal. Ethereal Soundscapes.
Sound: I like the sound quality. The full range speakers inside this actual head is a great idea. The sound responds well to my style of playing. In different settings I can't really say as I've really only used it at home for practice. I recommend hooking this amp up to your computer and use the spider V remote app found at line6.com for making it sound more the way you may want. I like the remote feature as it definitely helps really dial in your sound. Plus looking at all the options the app has when open is really cool too. Feature: I think the most useful feature is the built in receiver for the G10T wireless transmitter. Another very useful feature is a usb hookup and aux input features so you can run sound from your computer to the Spider V in 2 different ways. Least useful feature for me personally would be the drum looper. Only because I simply never use it. The amp itself seems very well made and sturdy. Components used seem very industry standard for newer line 6 construction and production. Ease of Use: If you know what your'e looking for in the sound you're wanting to create and have some decent knowledge of any line 6 gear from the past then it should be fairly simple to set up some good sounds from this amp within the first 5 minutes. Even without the remote app. It did take me a short while to figure out just how to run this amp with all my other gear. Most notably the remote app and sound connection to and from the amp itself. If you have any basic knowledge about amp setup and or have experience with previous line 6 products then this amp is really quite fun. Quality: Seems made well and so far has been quite reliable. Seems like it could last several consecutive years given the right usage and treatment of the amp. Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: www.line6.com The Wow Factor: I bought it because i just really liked the way it looked. I did quite a bit of research before I purchased one also so I knew what I was getting into. To me I looked very clean and professional. So I bought one. Cheers! Overall: This amp has a sleek design and has many sound options to choose from. Loaded with amp/cab modeling and many of the industry standard effects. In addition it also has noise gate, compressor, parametric eq and even mic placement options etc. Amongst many other sound and connection options. The only thing I don't like about this amp is that it doesn't have tubes.

"This amp is a lot of fun!" submitted September 2, 2017

By Jake N in PORTLAND, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for over 30 years. I play both drums and guitar. I have played live and also play at home.
Music Style: Metal
Overall: This amp is just a great time waiting to happen. Super glad i bought it. I recommend it for beginners or the advanced player. Dialing in tones is pretty easy if you know the kind of sound you're looking for. I primarily play metal and have no problem finding that heavy sound I dig. Shimmering clean sounds enhanced with a bit of reverb and delay make for an etheric soundscape. Good times to be had with this amp. I use it as a practice amp but i'm sure it could handle a loud live situation as well.

"very happy thus far" submitted February 18, 2018

By Chad Ozman in Decatur, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Life long musician. Drums, Guitar, Bass, vocals, recording, live sound, lighting, DJ
Music Style: Pretty much everything! I dislike most modern country, opera, post 2000 rap, and emo music.....
Overall: I've owned this head for a couple months now. I decided I wanted to upgrade from my 2x10 spider IV combo amp, so I got this head along with the 4x12 matching cabinet. As for a practice amp, it is pretty awesome! Sounds great! Tons and tons of pre set effects to play with. other features like loop recording, pre set drum beats and timers, and tuner are an awesome plus for me! And then, when you plug in the cabinet it sync's the speakers built into the head with the cabinet for form an amazing sound!

"One of a Kind- Just Get it Have Fun!" submitted January 6, 2019

By Thant Naing in Topeka, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Learning to be a real pro.
Music Style: Thrash, Blues, Jazz, pretty much everything except for rap and hip hop.
Overall: Yes, I echo Jake- "this amp is a lot of fun." Line 6 products are always quality and fun to use. Spider Remote app has loads of tones on cloud. I learned other people's settings through the app and the amp itself, and came up with my own!You can also listen to music through your iPad with the full range quality speakers.

When you call, mention priority code 203-0YWP. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2019, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.