Korg Electribe Sampler Music Production Station

Korg Electribe Sampler Music Production Station

This Sampler edition of the Korg Electribe lets you load your own custom sounds, build sequences on 16 pads, and add effects with a Kaoss-style X/Y touchpad.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 14, 2017 by Luke Wilcox in Rawson , OH
"Impressed"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
From the moment I held the box, I was impressed....it only got more impressive the longer I used it. Read on....
You can crank this thing up to the max, and it won't clip or distort. Plenty of "out of the box" sounds and samples that are crystal clear and fully manipulative. LPF, HPF, and BPF are great...I didn't expect three to be in this lil unit. The effects are cool, but I haven't found a use for them yet because....well....it's a sampler, and the sounds I use are generally already...effect-ed??
I actually expected this unit to be plastic (that's how it looks in the photos), but it is constructed from an aluminum alloy and is quite heavy. The knobs are very tight and solid with no wiggle. They are plastic, and a couple of the knobs are slightly an imperfect circle. The level on the knobs are hard to see since they are just depressed without color change. (Have to paint them) It DOES come with two 5-pin midi to 1/8 midi adapters to keep in sync with everything else.
It's a lil confusing and daunting to use without using the manual, but quite easy one you know your way around. It comes with a manual, but do yourself a favor and download the Parameters Guide manual from the website as well for further details and expansion on how to use this.
I honestly wouldn't be afraid of dropping this lil guy. It is built like a tank. You can feel the high quality from the moment you pick it up. Metal case, durable knobs, clear screen.....Korg really did a great job with this guy. The trigger pads and buttons are thick and can take a beating. I'm not afraid of really pounding on the pads! The XY pad though....ehhhh, I'm not sure of yet. It feels like the cover is made of a cheap sheet of plastic that will eventually split or crack....guess we'll find out.
The quality, functionalities, and sound make this unit an impressive steal. It's packed with a large amount of features at the cost of one of the older 1999 ESX units. Definitely worth the money!
I haven't had a reason to contact support on this device, but I have on other devices and I'm not impressed. I'm still waiting on a response from two weeks ago.
The overall design, workflow, quality, and sound is just excellent. Has neat multicolor led lights under it that flash different colors in sync with your music too....nice lil feature.
8 of 11 people (73%) people found this review helpful. Did you?