When you call, mention priority code 20Y-1TY4
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: TubeMeister 36 Amp Head

Packed with options like MIDI-controlled attenuation and Red Box output for cabinet-like signal, this compact 36-watt tube amp has tight tones at any volume.

"Best amp I've ever owned" submitted February 18, 2018

By Rob L in Clearfield, UT
Musical Background: 20+ yr guitarist
Music Style: Metal!
Overall: I've only had this amplifier for a week now, but I can tell you it is the best. I've owned Blackstar, Line 6, Bugera, Marshall, and Peavey amplifiers and this Hughes and Kettner blows them all out if the water. I play mostly hard rock and metal, so I was concerned that this amplifier wouldn't handle the metal duties very well. I was fully prepared to send it back for an Orange Dark Terror, the Peavey 6505 mini or the EVH 5150 III mini head, but wanted to try the H&K for the direct out capabilities which would simplify recording. This amp delivered the metal and has a beautiful clean as a bonus. I make it a point to run an MXR Classic Overdrive out front as a clean boost, but this amp has plenty of distortion by itself. I took the amp to practice this last weekend and had my guitarist play through the amp because I'm actually the vocalist in this band, although I'm a guitarist originally. He ran it through the PA using the direct out and this thing has some cojones... It sounds great direct and it sounded great through his 2x12... I can't say anything more than I'm happy with the last amplifier purchase I'll probably every make. It's loud enough for a gig, but versatile enough to play in my bedroom. This thing was plenty loud over the drummer and quiet enough to play in my bedroom through my 4x12 with the baby sleeping in the next room. In addition, is have to say that this amp is the first amp to FEEL good to play. The chugs feel responsive, the clean feels responsive. I love this amp. I've found myself daydreaming about it and looking forward to the next time I get to play it...

"Mind blowing amazing" submitted September 11, 2018

By Shawn Caudill in Georgetown, KY
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Rock metal
Overall: I’ve owned the TubeMeister 36 watt head for about a month and I am blown away. The crystal clean cleans. The rock n roll crunch channel, the heavy af lead channel man this amp is like a jack of all trades. I had a Marshall head before this and sold it because after this Hughes and kettner came into my life I never used it. I’ve had it out on multiple gigs now and it always gets noticed from the neon blue lighting around it. It also comes with a power soak 1w 5w 18w 36w, now when I play live or at home I run it through a Marshall 4x12 cabinet and at 1w it’s still loud as heck it’s not even a warm up. This amp is a must buy take my advice. Thanks to zZounds for the pay as you play I just wished zZounds would get the matching cabinets BUY THIS AMP!!!!

"Love this head!" submitted June 12, 2013

By Ryan M in Newport News, VA
Musical Background: 18 year guitar player
Music Style: Metal, Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: I have owned many tube amps and I love this one! I have had it for about a month now and I think I like it better than my Mesa Dual Rectifier I used to have. All the features are great, especially with a midi footswitch. Cleans are great and the Lead channel is awesome with an EQ in the FX loop. I play low tuned metal and this amp does a great job. Very pleased.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tubemeisters 36" submitted August 17, 2013

By Jean B in Santee, CA
Overall
Overall: I have to say. I have owned may boutique amps. Even this ones so called big brother. The triamp MK2. I think hands down this amp blows not only the triamp away. But buts into perspective what tone and how an amp should be. As far as user friendly. Tone and ease of use. Not to mention the size. Don't let the physical size fool you. This amp is very lous. Very touch sensitive and very MMMMM!!! As far as customer support. H&K have never been easy to deal with. This is one of their major down falls. I live in San Diego and there is no warrant place within 100 miles plus. And as far as customer support. Email. ??? REALLY. No number to contact. And when you do find the number VIA GC days to get a call back. This amp is made in ?? China or Korea. Not Germany. But still sounds great. Had a problem with my stand by switch and ZZ was great as usual about naking an exchange. GO ZZ

"Greatest quality and sound but...." submitted September 25, 2017

By Angelica Kim in Claremont, CA
Musical Background: 35 years guitar, bass, and violin
Overall: I love this amp mainly because it is the cleanest sounding head, when plugged in to any of my 4 cabs from new to old. It always sounds great. So here's what happened: I was playing my Fender VI for about 5 minutes when all of a sudden it went quiet. Turns it was the fuse. However the fuse is not the removable kind it is attached to the board so it must be repaired by a authorized tech. this cost me $50 to ship to Yorkville. They are the only authorized service center in the USA for H&K. It took 3 weeks to get it back. Furthermore, the warranty is for only 2 years when Fender and Mesa are 5 years. Kind of makes me wonder. Now as for the features: I would have like additional speaker outputs and a Ohm selector switch because I'd rather be certain than guess about my Ohm setting and I like to connect in parallel not series.

"Tubemeister 36" submitted July 1, 2017

By Christopher Fate in Logan, OH
Musical Background: Guitarist of 16 years
Music Style: Metalcore, Progressive, Djent, Blues, Alternative, Rock
Overall: Just got my TM 36 this morning and I love it! I play mostly prog/djent and metalcore and the crunch channel handles this sound much better than I anticipated. I play a 7 string mostly and this thing dishes out the chunk surprisingly well. Chords sing and are beautifully articulate. Then I plugged in my overdrive ( Dead horse) and compressor/gate and it got even better! But above all my favorite channel is the clean channel. It's perfect for everything from shimmering cleans to a hint of breakup with the gain up higher. And this amp gets surprisingly loud even at only 1 watt for bedroom jamming. They don't mention in the overview on here but this thing also comes with a softshell carrying case with shoulder strap. I almost ordered one separately, I'm glad I waited. Beautiful amp, with just an incredible range of sounds. If only you could get the midi footswitch through zZounds it would have made the deal even sweeter.

"Tubemeister 36" submitted July 1, 2017

By Christopher Fate in Logan, OH
Musical Background: Guitarist of 16 years
Music Style: Metalcore, Progressive, Djent, Blues, Alternative, Rock

"nice" submitted February 24, 2014

By Kurt h in portsmouth, NH
Overall
Overall: Awesome. Super sweet. Tone!

When you call, mention priority code 20Y-1TY4. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST