Friedman BE-50 Deluxe Guitar Amplifier Head (50 Watts)

Friedman BE-50 Deluxe Guitar Amplifier Head (50 Watts)

Experience true flexibility of tone with the Friedman BE-50 Deluxe. Its multiple gain stages, EQ options, and tone switches let you dial in tonal perfection.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
4.5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
Submitted September 14, 2018 by Anthony M in Spring Hill, FL
"WOW"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
So I canceled my dream guitar for this amp and let me just say Dave Friedman knows what the &&&$*#%# he’s doing. This amp can do it all. It’s all of his amps in one, and to me that’s crazy! Now don’t be afraid of the knobs and switches it’s super easy and you will get use to it. Just set them and leave them and enjoy the good tones. The clean is by far the best clean tone I have ever heard in my life. BE you can get plexie-hard rock n roll-metalHBE you can do all above plus shred shred and shred!The sat and gain structure switch on the amp are a great feature! Also this amp takes pedals extremely well!!Rated it low on value because it’s 3.5k but you can’t get these tones from a 500 dollar Marshall!
Professionally and home
Blues,rock,metal
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 26, 2021 by Bill H
"A forever amp."
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I've been playing since 1986 and have owned many great and highly sought after guitar amps. I spent a lot of time deciding what I really wanted prior to purchasing this BE-50DLX. It's just something you must experience for yourself to fully understand. I never get tired of it and it puts a smile on my face every time I plug in to it. I'm writing this review months after making the purchase so I could give a fair review. It's truly a fire breathing dragon. A hotrodded Marshall on steroids and then some. The thing about this amp is there's a lot of tonal possibilities, but you must experiment with all it has to offer in order to get the full effect. You'll not find a bad tone within it. It borders modern metal, but can do old school metal effortlessly. Rock & Roll all day. Grunge, country, blues, jazz and whatever else you can imagine. It has rich harmonic undertones and nuances that will keep your attention. The clean is amazing as well with 3 settings for bright, dark and a very glassy Fenderish tone. There are a lot of treats hidden that when you find them will inspire you. Too much to list. Takes pedals like a dream. Here's the best part. You really don't need an attenuator. The masters work well and although you can control the volume through the fx level in the back when using a pedal, the masters do the trick by themselves. I can play at very low volume late at night in my apartment and retain an amazing tone and that's at 50 watts. I could go on and on, but I'll finish with this. It's the best amp in existence, in my opinion. The best I've found in 35 years. A keeper. Thanks to Zzounds for making it possible to own my dream amp. Dave Friedman is the man.
Playing guitar for 35 years.
Metal, Rock, Blues, Country. I love it all really.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?