Fender Super-Sonic 22 Guitar Amplifier Head

Fender Super-Sonic 22 Guitar Amplifier Head

The Super-Sonic 22 is sure to impress vintage and modern-voiced amp enthusiasts alike. Powered by 6L6s this amp offers classic Fender tone with modern edge.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 25, 2014 by Matt W in Boxford, MA
"Super Sonic 22 Head"
I bought this head because I was looking for a versatile amp that could produce classic Fender cleans and also modern/classic overdrive/distortion. Let me say this, I am glad I went through with this purchase! The tonal variations you can get from this amp are amazing! I've only had the amp for a few weeks, and am still exploring all the tones this thing produces. It's unique sounds, look (blonde) and versatility is what makes me love this thing! I paired it with the Supersonic 60 cab (w/twin Celestion Vintage 30's), and it is loud! 22w is plenty of power and just the right wattage to be able to crank the volume up on the clean channel enough to actually push the tubes to that sweet, SRV break up! Zzounds was great to deal with and made the purchase and delivery a breeze!
15 years guitar experience, semi-professional
Rock n Roll, Blues, Funk, Hip Hop, Reggae
16 of 16 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 31, 2016 by Brent Carroll in Spartanburg, SC
"Fender supersonic 22"
Terrific Amplifier! Plenty loud enough to compete with loud drums/band. Gorgeous tone from spanky to firebreathing and every subtlety in between. Reverb tank could be upgraded is you want super lush old fender 'verb
17 years playing guitar, drums, bass, vocals
Mostly Rock, but also metal, blues, funk
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 27, 2017 by Kevin S in Brandon, MS
"Supersonic 22 Head"
Once you get this amp set up to your rig, it is very versatile. Clean channel is sweet, even at low volumes- either normal or fat. Fat gives quite a volcano me boost. Burn channel doesn’t really open up until about 5 on the volume. This is fairly loud. I recommend an attenuator so you can get the most out of this amp. At volume, great with single coils and humbuckers. Reverb is dependent on the overall volume settIng. The higher the volume, the more adjustable the reverb becomes. Loop/ reverb benefits from a tube swap versus stock tubes due to noise, but you can get this amp near silent. Overall one of my favorite amps.
Guitar, drums, bass, keys
Blues/ Rock
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 8, 2016 by Bob B in Cheyenne, WY
"22fender supersonic head"
Just what I have been looking for . Traded for the supersonic cab matches perfect clean were you want it rivals my twin reverb almost95% fat exceeds. Burn is perfect and beyond very adjustable total pro set up . Played with a DC les Paul std .Fender don't discontinue this classic. I think I bought one of the last ones around A+++
44 guitar player semipro
Rock blues jazz some country
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 4, 2014 by Lawrence Adams in Loveland, OH
"Fender Super Sonic 22 Head! "
This is a very nice piece of gear! Well thought out by the boys at Fender! The tonal options are immense! It sounds like a deluxe when I need it to... And when I need a like more push the dual gain stages come to the rescue... And it looks great on stage with my 65 Twin Reverb as I went for the black and silver option... Another great achievement from Fender!
Singer & Guitarist for 25 years and I play professionally.
Rock, Blues, Pop
8 of 12 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 21, 2016 by Joseph R in Windham, NH
"impressed"
I was really surprised when I stared playing this amp. The tone and versatility is impressive. The quality and simplicity of it can't be bit. It is light and portable but is not a lunch box. I am putting it through a 2x12 with V30's and it sounds huge.
play professionally
rock & pop
2 of 17 people (12%) people found this review helpful. Did you?