EVH Eddie Van Halen 5150III EL34 Tube Guitar Amplifier Head (50 Watts)

EVH Eddie Van Halen 5150III EL34 Tube Guitar Amplifier Head (50 Watts)

Blast off into the iconic tones of classic EVH with this 50-watt monster of an amp. EL34 power tubes add iconic British-style snarl for aggressive overdrive.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 24, 2019 by David M in Battle Creek, MI
"Versatile is it's middle name"
I'm not gonna go into details about this amp, there's YouTube videos and tons of reviews. But i will tell you that if you purchase this amp your search for a does it all amp is over. Just add effects and gently stir... Or shake vigorously.
Time traveler
Rock, fused jazz, instramentals
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 9, 2018 by Steven Sellner in Key west, FL
"Amazing!!"
I’ve had my el34 59 watt head for about three months now(I preordered it) it is amazing . With a few tweaks of the eq you can pretty much find any sound you want. There is so much gain you don’t need an overdrive in front of it. If you do.. I have found some of pedals almost hold the gain back.. if you’re looking for that evh sound from the early years tweaking the blue channel is where it’s at. There are only two things I wish were different 1, the on/off/standby switch should be on the front of the amp. 2, it had reverb built in.. that’s it
Metal , hard rock, blues
Painters, Van Halen , Metallica, killswitch engage, hatebreed.. ect
21 of 24 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 10, 2021 by a customer from georgemangos.com
"Tone is in the hands and the right amp"
I bought this EVH after playing Marshalls, Mesa Boogie and Egnater amps for the past few decades. It took me 3 live shows to dial in the sound I was after, and once I found it there was no looking back. The amp needs to be slightly broken in just like anything else, but it has it's sweet spot on tone and give me goose bumps when I hear myself play in the stage mix (you know how sound guys are!). The clean channel sings clear as glass and the 4 button switch works effortlessly between the channels. I have a Marshall 4x12 and bought the matching EVH 2x12 cab. I sold the Marshall and keep this setup now.