map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 20V-4YFB

Rating and Reviews: Boss Katana 100 MkII Amp Head

Make loading in easy with this lightweight, powerful amplifier. Packed with effects, this Katana head can handle any tone, style, and gig thrown its way.

Overall

"Greatest thing since the OD pedal" submitted September 13, 2020

By Allan B. in Tempe, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 40 years
Music Style: Rock, jazz, prog
Sound: This is an incredibly versatile amp. Clean, crunch, classic rock, metal, it can pretty much do it all. Even without a cab the little 5" speaker sounds pretty good. It's not quite tube but it's really really close. This is the 4th Katana that I've owned. I've had many tube amps and keep going back to Boss. I'm getting older and it's just not fun to lug around a 60 pound tube combo and a heavy pedalboard anymore. Paired the Katana with a 2x12 Celestion V30 closed back cab and it slays. The cab will stay in the band practice room and the head goes with me ;) Feature: The onboard effects are great and I appreciate that if I need to I can just grab the head and go. I also really like that it's very lightweight and the internal speaker is a brilliant idea. It doesn't sound half bad either. Ease of Use: I really appreciate that it can be adjusted and tweaked just by the panel controls. No menus to scroll through just good old knobs. If you do need to get into some deep editing the Tone Studio is very easy to work with. Boss was smart to make the TS a universal look and feel across all of their gear. Once you learn one you've pretty much learned them all. It's a universally known fact that Katanas take pedals well but I'll say it again here. Katanas take pedals well. I actually use this in conjunction with an MS3, EQD Plumes, and a Ventris verb and Nemesis delay. I know the MS3 is redundant but this way I just use the Kat like a normal amp and use the MS3 for effects and to control everything else including the head via MIDI. It's a great and easy set up. Quality: Like just about everything Boss, this is built extremely well. Value: What a value! For $350 I don't think there's anything else out there that can touch this. Manufacturer Support: I've used Boss products for almost 40 years and I've only dealt with them directly once. Took a few days to get a response but it was not a break/fix issue it was just a question. The Wow Factor: Boss has been winning hearts and minds of musicians for almost 50 years. There's a reason why they are so highly regarded. They make great sounding stuff! I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of a gear snob but I have no issue proudly saying I use a Katana on stage. Overall: What a great amp! Unless you've been living under a rock I'm sure you know all about Katana and how good it sounds and what a great value it is. Having the head and pairing it with your favorite cab is a dream. Sounds amazing and incredibly versatile. Oh and please, it's NOT a modeling amp. It's a full on solid state amp with modeled effects. It has a sound of its own.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-4YFB. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Martes 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.