The ZVEX Vexter Fuzz Factory Pedal is a five-knob fuzz using two old-stock sixties germanium transistors. The circuit is not modeled after any classic fuzz design, but should have been around when Leary was still lucid. They are controls for various operating levels and biases, and basically shape you a personalized fuzz.
Controls:- Output level: Volume
- Gate: Squelches noise after end of sustain. Turn to right to eliminate squeals, hiss and buzz, stopping just as they disappear, or use to tune in exact feedback pitch. Turning to left opens gate.
- Compress: Adds attack characteristic when turned to left, which gets softer to right, and suddenly pinches tone when all the way right.
- Drive: Increases distortion when used as a "normal" fuzz and adjusts feedback pitch and tonal thickness. This control becomes meaningless when Compress is all the way right
- Stab: use all the way right. Do not adjust this control below 2:00, unless you like your fuzz soft and squishy. Use to control feedback pitch.
- Current Draw: 3ma
- Battery: 9 volt included
- Power Supply: 2.1mm barrel 9 volt negative tip, like Boss TM PSA adapter. Power supply not included.
- Warranty: 2 Year non transferable Warranty against manufacture defect.