Zoom AC-2 Acoustic Creator Enhanced DI
Amplify your acoustic sound with the Zoom AC-2 Acoustic Creator. The AC-2 is a Direct Box that encompasses all you need to deliver natural guitar tone on stage or in the studio. The AC-2 automatically restores tone lost through acoustic pickups, so your sound is always lush, resonant, and faithful to the instrument you have in hand.
Restore Your Acoustic Tone
With 16 source guitar presets, the AC-2 recovers the sonic characteristics of a variety of guitar types and body shapes. You can choose from dreadnought, upright bass, nylon strings, 12 string, and more.
Simply select your guitar of choice, then choose piezo or magnetic pickup. From there, the AC-2 is ready to reproduce and amplify your guitar's tone with complete accuracy.
Essential DI Features
The AC-2 features a high-quality preamp which boosts your signal and helps restore your true acoustic sound. Add its natural-sounding reverb to increase your acoustic's depth and width, and round out your desired tone with easy 3-band EQ adjustments.
The AC-2's Volume knob automatically controls the preamp's input gain and output level, taking the guesswork out of adjusting sound levels to match. It's all you need to make volume control and setup simple when you're playing live on stage.
Cut Feedback Automatically
The AC-2 is also equipped with an anti-feedback button that automatically locates and eliminates problem frequencies -- an essential for live performances.
Balanced In All The Right Places
The AC-2's balanced XLR output (with ground/lift and pre/post control) allows you to easily connect to any PA mixing board or studio console. It also includes two 1/4" outputs for mono or stereo connection to amps, headphones, or audio interfaces.
The Unique Sound of a 12 String
There's no mistaking the beautiful, shimmering sound of a 12 string guitar. With the AC-2, your guitar will retain its natural, chorus-filled tone whenever you're on stage.
Up to 9 dB of Additional Gain
You can also add 9 dB of gain with the tap of your foot using the AC-2's boost function, allowing you to switch from strumming to finger-picking without ever losing a note.
Omar's Nylon String, Clean and Clear
For the supremely talented Omar Torrez, nothing's more important than letting his guitar take over a performance. With the AC-2, Omar can confidently deliver the soft, warm tone of his nylon string guitar to every corner of the venue.
Three Ways to Power Up
Since the AC-2 is designed to enhance your acoustic performances in all environments, it offers a variety of power options. Two AA batteries provide up to three hours of continuous power. Alternatively, you can use the Zoom AD-16 AC adapter for power, or the micro USB port to bus power the AC-2 via your computer.
Features at a Glance
- 16 source guitar type/body presets for accurate tone reproduction
- 1/4" input
- XLR balanced out
- Two 1/4" outputs for mono or stereo connection to guitar amps, headphones, and audio interfaces
- Reverb effect
- High-quality, low noise preamp
- Piezo/magnetic input pickup select
- 3-band equalizer
- Input and output gain/sensitivity adjustable via single volume knob (patent pending)
- Anti-feedback control
- Boost switch for up to 9 dB of additional gain
- Built-in chromatic visual-LED tuner
- USB connection for firmware updates
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Three power options: 2 x AA batteries, the included Zoom AD-16 power adapter (9V DC in), or bus power via micro-USB port
Included with the AC-2
- Operation manual
- Zoom AD-16 AC adapter
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Zoom products.
- Source Guitars: 16 Types
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24-bit with 128x oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit with 128x oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Frequency characteristics: 20 - 20 kHz +1 dB, -3 dB (10 kiloohm load)
- Standard monaural phone jack
- Rated input level: -20 dBu*
- Input impedance: 10 Megaohms
- Standard stereo phone jack
- (combined line/headphones)
Maximum output level: Line +7 dBu*
- (10 kiloohms or more)
- Stereo mini jack (3.5 mm)
- Headphones 8 mW + 8 mW (into 32 ohm load)
- Standard mono phone jack
- Maximum output level:
- Line +7 dBu (10 kiloohms or more output impedance)
- XLR jack
- Output impedance:
- 100 ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200 ohms (HOT-COLD)
- PRE/POST (switchable)
- GND LIFT (switchable)
Equivalent input noise: 120 dBu*
Noise floor (residual noise): -100 dBu
- AC adapter DC9V, 500 mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16)
- Batteries: 2 AA (about 3 hrs continuous
USB: USB MIDI USB Micro-B
Dimensions: 158 mm (D) X 107 mm (W) X 52 mm (H)
Weight: 570 kg
* 0 dBu=0.775 Vrms
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):