Zoom Q4N Handy HD Recorder
With the Zoom Q4n camera, you can capture video that's bigger, brighter, and more brilliant than ever before. With its 10 advanced lighting presets, the Q4n captures Zoom's highest-quality video ever -- from bright daylight to a low-lit club to striking sunset. And with Zoom's superb audio quality, the Q4n provides a combination no other camera can match.
From Sunlight to Low-Light
10 "Scene" presets ensure great results in various environments -- even low-light venues like nightclubs. These include "Concert Lighting" (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and "Concert-Low Light", both designed for dimly lit locations. There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors -- even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files. It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160* wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
Zoom has a long-standing reputation for products with outstanding audio, and the Q4n is no exception. It supports high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz stereo sound and its built-in microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 140 dB SPL) for distortion-free recording in even the loudest environments.
You can also connect external mics and other devices via a 1/8" stereo input jack, and monitor with either headphones or its built-in speaker. There's also an HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, making it easy to view your creations on location or at home.
Zoom's Tweaky About Audio (but you already knew that)
The Q4n's built-in microphones can be instantly configured for either A/B or X/Y stereo recording. So what's the difference?
A/B Stereo Recording
Also known as "spaced pair," A/B is a great way to record vivid stereo that provides a realistic sense of space and ambience -- ideal when you want to capture the reverb of a concert hall. It's also well-suited for situations where you want to record the sound of people talking in different parts of a room.
X/Y Stereo Recording
X/Y stereo recording captures audio with natural depth and width, while still delivering a strong center image. It's ideal for recording musical performances and for video blogging.
Attach the Q4n to your guitar with Zoom's optional GHM-1 guitar headstock mount to get a close-up of your technique, or use the MSM-1 microphone stand mount to place one or more Q4n's around various areas of the stage and complete the experience. With its included adapter, the Q4n is compatible with all three-prong action camera mounts and accessories, providing limitless possibilities.
Point. Shoot. Done.
The Q4n offers features that make it easy to use, including one-button recording, automatic microphone gain adjustment, and a rotating full-color touchscreen LCD.
The Camera for Creators
Whether it's used for YouTube videos, podcasts, or streaming live performances, you can count on your Q4n to capture bright, clear video with exceptional audio quality.
Connect and Share
A USB port lets you connect your Q4n to any computer or iPad with the Apple Camera Connection kit, so you can use it as a web camera or USB microphone. You can also stream live, transfer recordings, and recharge your battery via computer connection.
Card Types, Power Options, and File Formats
The Q4n records directly to SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB. It's perfect for podcasts, blogs, and capturing performances. Video (with audio) is recorded as MPEG-4 (MOV) files. Audio data can be saved separately.
The Q4n's included Zoom BT-02 lithium-ion battery is rechargeable by USB or optional AC adapter (sold separately), providing up to 3 hours of shooting time.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Zoom products.
- Recording media: SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (Class 10 or higher, up to 128 GB)
- Image sensor: 1/3-inch 3-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Lens: Fixed focus (36 cm - 8), F2.0, Focal distance approx. 16.6 mm (35 mm equivalent), 160* FOV
- Video format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- Video resolutions: 3M HD (2304x1296) / 30 fps / 24 Mbps, HD1080p / 30 fps / 24 Mbps, HD1080p / 30 fps / 16 Mbps, HD720p / 60 fps / 15 Mbps, HD720p / 30 fps / 8 Mbps, WVGA 60 fps / 8 Mbps, WVGA 30 fps / 5 Mbps
- Audio formats: WAV (16-/24-bit quantization, 44.1/48/96 kHz sampling frequency) AAC (64-320 kbps bit rate, 48 kHz sampling frequency)
- Audio functions: Lo Cut filter, Auto Gain
- Image functions: Digital zoom, Scene selection (Auto/Concert Lighting/Night/ Concert-Low Light/Dance Club/Jazz Club/Concert Hall/Rehearsal-Studio/Garage/Outdoor/Sunset)
- Self-timer: (Off/3sec/5sec/10sec)
- Display: 2.0" full-color touchscreen LCD
- Mic Type: 120* A/B and 120* X/Y stereo
- Maximum sound pressure input: 140 dB SPL
- Input gain: -30 to +44 dB
- External input: Stereo mini jack
- Input gain: -8 to +26 dB
- Input impedance: 2 k O or more, Supports plug-in power
- Output connector: Combined line/headphones stereo mini jack
- HDMI connector: Micro Type D
- Built-in speaker: 400 mW 8 O mono speaker
- USB: Mini B type
- Operation as mass storage: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Operation as audio interface: 2.0 Full Speed, 44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit
- Operation as webcam: WVGA/720p video size, 48 kHz / 16-bit audio
- Note: Audio interface and mass storage operation with iPad is supported.
- Note: USB bus power supported
- Power supply: Lithium-ion battery: DC 4.2V maximum voltage, DC 3.7V nominal voltage, 1,050mAh capacity
- AC adapter: ZOOM AD-17, sold separately: DC 5V/1A
- Recharging times: Using USB: about 3 hours, Using ZOOM AD-17: about 2 hours
- Battery operation time: About 3 hours or more (when recording 720p/30 fps video with LCD closed)
- External dimensions: Main unit (mic stored): 119 (length) x 51 (width) x 62 (height) mm, Main unit (mic extended): 119 (length) x 39 (width) x 86 (height) mm
- Weight: 6.0 oz / 178.6 grams with battery, 5.5 oz / 155.9 grams without battery
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):