Get Creative with Yamaha's Top-of-the-Line Tyros Arranger Synth
The Yamaha Tyros is the ultimate performance arranger keyboard -- and the Tyros5 builds on the line's decade-long tradition with even more sounds, more styles, and enhanced DSP effects. Tyros puts the power of Yamaha's industry-standard Motif sound set at your fingertips, as well as Super Articulation 2 voices for ensemble voices that sound and respond like a group of actual musicians -- plus a library of vocal sounds including classical and gospel choirs and jazz scat vocals. Add the Tyros5's 300+ new voices and styles, updated DSP effects such as Real Reverb and Real Distortion, plus redesigned organ sounds, and what do you have? Yamaha's most realistic-sounding, performance-ready arranger synth.
See how Nashville songwriter Howard Laravea uses the Tyros5 in this video:
Meet Your New Backing Band
"Arranger" keyboards like the Tyros5 differ from their "synth workstation" siblings in that they're specifically designed for real-time performance using built-in accompaniment styles. You control the tempo and play the keyboard, letting the Tyros fill in percussion, bass, string pads, rhythm guitar, or any instruments you like. Simply select one of the 500+ built-in music Styles -- like AcousticBlues or 80sShuffle -- to bring up a palette that matches your musical idea, then press buttons on the left side of the control panel for intros, fills, variations, and endings as you play. The Tyros5's Music Finder function helps you find the perfect Style for any music you'd like to play, searching by song title, genre, or keyword. Meanwhile, the One Touch Setting button automatically calls up voices or and effects well-suited to the currently selected Style. Everything about this keyboard is designed to help you do less paging through menus, and more making music -- with the Tyros providing versatile accompaniment along the way.
More Sounds, More Possibilities
Crafting rich organ tones on the Tyros just got a lot easier with Organ World, Yamaha's redesigned digital organ. With organ-style controls and 5 voices to choose from (Vintage, Home, Euro, Concert and Theatre), Organ World enables you to create precisely the right organ tone for any situation and adjust it in real time while you play. The Tyros5 also adds 300 sounds -- including guitars, brass, synths, electric pianos and upright pianos -- to the Tyros' already deep and expansive sound set. The Tyros5 contains the entire Motif soundset and Yamaha's famous Super Articulation voices, designed to behave like the real-world instruments they emulate. Horns make gentle slides when you play legato; grace notes when you play staccato. Guitars make string noises; violins swell when you lean into the notes. Even Yamaha's beautiful pianos are SA2 voices, with all the resonance and key-off sounds that bring a keyboard instrument to life.
Authentic Ensemble Performance
Playing with multi-part ensemble instrument voices reaches a new level of realism with the Ensemble Voice feature. Ensemble Voice reproduces true "divisi" playing, meaning that if you hit 2 notes with a Brass Quartet Voice, Tyros5 sends the trumpets to the high notes and the trombones to the low notes instead of playing the entire horn ensemble on every individual note. Ensemble Voice also reproduces the small timing variations and idiosyncrasies of real musicians playing together which, taken together with the "divisi" capabilities, simulates the sound of actual performers.
A Vocal Powerhouse
The human voice is arguably the most difficult instrument to recreate convincingly. Yamaha makes a leap forward in vocal sampling technology on the Tyros, coaxing authentic shoo-be-doo-bah backing vocals via Wave Cycling technology and realistic dynamics. Plug in a microphone to the built-in 1/4-inch/XLR combination jack to trigger 1, 2, or 3 harmony parts with your own voice. The VH2 harmony engine analyzes the chords you play on the keyboard (or chordal data saved in a song) and generates backing vocals within the chords, using breathtaking Super Articulation Choir voices. Add effects like Vocal Doubler or Delay, or use the Tyros' Synth Vocoder mode to filter the Tyros' voices through your own for classic robotic vocals.
Enhanced DSP Effects
The Yamaha Tyros5's DSP effects have been redesigned to sound and operate like actual vintage effects units. The Real Reverb improves over previous Tyros reverbs by using more sophisticated algorithms to create fuller, more natural reverb. The Real Distortion effects are based on models of guitar amplifiers from the 60's and 70's, giving you classic sounding, easy-to-use overdrive. Yamaha's VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) technology models the actual individual electronic components of the original vintage gear, providing the same professional level effects processing as Yamaha's high-end mixers.
Record to a USB Thumb Drive
As you'd expect from a top-of-the-line keyboard, the Yamaha Tyros5 is packed with professional features under the hood, yet with the ease-of-use that's the hallmark of this instrument. Quick Recording Mode lets you instantly capture your performance -- including input from the vocal microphone -- to a 44.1 kHz, 16-bit WAV audio file on your USB thumb drive or the Tyros' internal 500GB hard drive. Multitrack Recording Mode lets you layer two parts with full punch-in/out capability, and bounce the finished product down to a WAV. You can even import commercial WAV or MP3 files and record yourself playing along, or use imported files as backing tracks for live performance that you save right within your Tyros. And of course, the Tyros5's USB port lets you connect to your computer as a MIDI interface, and use Yamaha's bundled Voice Editor software to create your own custom voices.
16-Track Song Sequencer Built In
Capture your performance along with any Style as a MIDI sequence -- or simply record along with a metronome -- on the Tyros' built-in 16-track Song sequencer. You can play along with your own sequences, the Tyros' preset Songs, or any commercially available MIDI files, displaying music score notation on the Tyros' large, bright 7.5-inch display. If your song contains lyric data, press the Lyrics/Text button to view it during playback. Or use a USB thumb drive to load in a .TXT file from your computer with words and chords.
The Well-Connected Tyros
On the back of the Tyros5, you'll find dedicated jacks for the optional Yamaha TRS-MS04 subwoofer and speaker set that mounts directly to your keyboard, Or use your own amp/speakers, plugging them into the Tyros' six standard 1/4-inch Line Out jacks. You can even connect your Tyros' signal to an external processor, and return the signal via stereo 1/4-inch Aux Input jacks -- or plug a CD player or MP3 player into the Aux Ins to hear them through your Tyros' speakers or headphones. Connect the RGB video output to an external computer display or TV to display your lyrics and chords on a large screen, and plug in up to 3 pedals to the Assignable Foot Pedal jacks. And of course, there are also 4 jacks for connecting to any MIDI gear.
Equally well-suited for home, studio, or live performance, Yamaha's Tyros5 puts stunningly realistic bands, orchestras, ensembles and choirs at your disposal with its wealth of amazingly authentic voices and Styles. With the addition of even more incredible-sounding voices and effects, you'll be amazed by the music that the Tyros5 lets you create with just your own two hands.
- 61-key FSX keyboard with aftertouch
- Over 1790 voices, including Yamaha's Motif sound set, Organ World, Ensemble Voices, and much more
- More realistic sounds with Super Articulation 2 voices, including improved flutes and horns
- Enhanced, powerful DSP including Real Reverb and Real Distortion effects
- VCM circuit modeling provides accurate sounding emulations of older analog effects
- Super Articulation Choir voices provide authentic vocals
- Expand your sound set with Yamaha's optional flash memory
- 539 flexible Accompaniment Styles
- 16-track Song Sequencer -- record your performance as MIDI
- 2-track Audio Recorder -- capture live performances fast
- 7.5-inch color LCD with musical score notation and lyrics display
- USB port for your thumb drive
- 1/4-inch/XLR microphone input
- VH2 vocal harmony generator and vocoder work with your own voice
Power Supply: Power Cord (Included)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 1140 x 142 x 450mm
- Weight: 14.0g
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type of Keys: Organ (FSX), Initial Touch/Aftertouch
- Touch Response: Hard1, Hard2, Medium, Soft1, Soft2
- Pitch Bend: Yes
- Modulation: Yes
- Sliders: 9 (including 1 assignable), Cross Fader
- Art. Switches: 2
- Display Type: TFT VGA 7.5 inch LCD
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) : 128
- Number of Voices: 1279 Voices + 480 XG Voices + 37 Drum/SFX Kits
- Featured Voices: Ensemble 55 S.Art2! 44 / S.Art! 288 MegaVoice 54 / Live! 138 Cool! 81 / Sweet! 37 / Organ World 40
- Sampling: Custom Voice
- Voice Edit: Yes
- Sound Creator/Voice Set: Yes
- Expansion Voice: Yes *Wave Capacity: depends on the optional Flash Memory Expansion Module (FL1024M, FL512M)
- Part: Right 1, Right 2, Right 3, Left
- Reverb: 52 Presets + 3 User
- Chorus: 106 Presets + 3 User
- DSP: DSP1: 322 Presets + 3 User, DSP2-9: 322 Presets + 10 User
- Master Compressor: 5 Presets + 5 User settings
- Master EQ: 5 Presets + 2 User settings
- Mic effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Vocal Effect: 23
- Number of Preset Styles: 539
- Featured Styles: 40 + Audio, 7 FreePlay, 441 Pro, 51 Session
- Fingering: Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Control: INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
- Music Finder: 2,500 Records
- One Touch Setting (OTS) : 4 for each Style
- Expansion Style: Yes
- Expansion Audio Style: Yes Audio Capacity: approx. 124MB
- Compatibility: Style File Format, Style File Format GE
- Number of Preset Songs: 5 Sample Songs
- Number of Songs: Unlimited (depends on the drive capacity)
- Number of Tracks: 16
- Data Capacity: approx. 300 KB/Song
- Recording Function: Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording
- Playback: SMF (Format 0 & 1), XF
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Number of Buttons: 8
- Control: Registration Sequence, Freeze
- Lesson/Guide: Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Your Tempo
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT) : Yes
- Demonstration: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose: -12 - 0 - +12
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440 - 466.8 Hz
- Octave Button: Yes
- Scale Type: 9 Presets
- Direct Access: Yes
- Text Display Function: Yes
- Wallpaper Customization: Yes
- Harmony/Echo: Yes
- Panel Sustain: Yes
- Mono/Poly: Yes
- Voice Information: Yes
- Style Creator: Yes
- Style Recommender: Yes
- OTS Information: Yes
- Song Creator: Yes
- Score Display Function: Yes
- Lyrics Display Function: Yes
- Multi Pad Creator: Yes
- Audio Recorder/Player: Recording Time (max.) 80 minutes/Song
- Recording:.wav (WAV format: 44.1 kHz sample rate, 16 bit resolution, stereo)
- Playback:.wav (WAV format: 44.1 kHz sample rate, 16 bit resolution, stereo), .mp3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3: 44.1/48.0 kHz sample rate, 64-320 kbps and variable bit rate, mono/stereo)
- Time Stretch: Yes
- Pitch Shift: Yes
- Vocal Cancel: Yes
- Internal Memory: approx. 6.7MB
- Hard Disk Drive: 500GB
- External Drives: USB Flash Memo
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
Yamaha Tyros5 61 Workstation ArrangerIn the Tyros5, Yamaha has created the ultimate performance keyboard with outstanding Voices, effects and Styles so real, it's like being backed by some of the world's finest players. The Tyros5 brings a level of authenticity to your sound like no instrument before it with Audio Styles, enhanced DSP effects and music-making features.
An outstanding performance keyboard, with authentic sounds, effects, realistic accompaniment, and a 61-key keyboard that extends your expressive range and allows you to make the most of the Tyros5's outstanding performance features.
More than 300 New Voices -- Including Super Articulation 2 VoicesMore than 300 Voices have been added to the Tyros5, including brass, guitars, synth, electric pianos, and upright pianos. S.Art2 Voices are high-quality sounds that re-create the feeling of an actual instrument when performing.
Authentic Ensemble PerformancesEnsemble Voice is an amazing feature that reproduces true "divisi" playing in a section. In the past, a Voice like Brass Quartet would use a sample of four players, which sounded great. However, if you played two notes you'd get eight players, which could sound great but isn't the most realistic. Tyros5 Ensemble Voices always get the same number of players because Tyros5 has the musical knowledge of a professional music arranger. Play two notes with a Brass Quartet Ensemble Voice, and Tyros5 will send the trumpets to the top notes and the trombones to the lower notes; it's an incredibly realistic sound. Ensemble Voices also utilize parameters which enliven the performance to reproduce the subtle variations in timing heard in a real ensemble. This provides an authentic sound that sounds as if a group of actual performers were playing and allows you to enjoy playing like an instrumental quartet with ease.
Welcome to Organ WorldThe Tyros5 features Vintage, Home, Euro, Concert, and Theatre organ Voices, all superbly reproduced with stunning samples that allow the Tyros5 to shine in any situation that an organist might encounter. With features such as a comprehensive set of realistic organ-style controls, adjustable effects, and intuitive operation that allows you to alter the sound in real time while you play, Organ World is sure to meet the demands of the most demanding performer.
Add Rhythm to Your Performances with Audio StylesAdding forty percussion-based Styles to the Tyros5's impressive backing and accompaniment capabilities, Audio Styles add natural feel, ambience, and warmth to drum and percussion parts, offering greater expressive potential. Audio Styles also benefit from Yamaha's Time Stretch Technology, which allows the audio to follow your tempo changes without changing pitch, so everything stays in perfect sync.
Enhanced DSPs for Authentic Effects -- Get "That" SoundNot only does the Tyros5 have high-quality effect types, including Real Distortion and Real Reverb, it provides beautifully designed panel displays, with highly intuitive controls -- just like actual effect devices. These also include VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects that use the same technology as the professional-level processing on Yamaha's high-end mixers.
- Real Reverb: Real Reverb is an improved version of the Reverb technology found in previous versions of the Tyros. Algorithms take a greater number of factors into account, producing smoother, more natural reverbs.
- Real Distortion: Real Distortion effects are based on digital models of classic guitar amplifiers from the 1960s and 1970s. There are also digital models of legendary analog guitar effect pedals. The result meticulously reproduces the frequencies and dynamics of real distortion guitar sounds. With the intuitive graphical interface, you'll feel like you're controlling the original amplifier!
- VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling): While digital solutions are increasingly prevalent in music production studios and performance venues, older analog gear is still used to get the warm sound that digital effects typically cannot provide. VCM Technology provides accurate reproductions of the classic sound of such effects units.
Versatile High-Performance Audio Engine: Get Total Control Over Your SoundThe Tyros5 is capable of playing back and recording audio files (including performances using Audio Styles), and also possesses a range of audio manipulation features you can use to create "karaoke" style "minus one" tracks in the key and tempo of your choice.
Audio Link Multi Pad: Trigger Audio Samples from the PadsAudio Link Multi Pad function lets you link your own audio files (sound effects, vocal phrases, and so on), and trigger them from the Pads as you perform.
Vocal Cancel: Make Your Own Karaoke-style Backing TracksA powerful Vocal Cancel function effectively cancels or suppresses signals like vocals and solos that play a central role in an audio file, allowing you to make your own "minus one" track and sing "karaoke" style with just instrumental backing.
Time Stretch and Pitch ShiftNot all people have the same vocal range. The Tyros5 can put your favorite song in the key of your choice with a powerful pitch shift feature that lets you change the key without changing the tempo. If you do want to change the tempo, you can use the time stretch feature to slow down or speed up the tempo without changing the pitch.
Right Hand Style ControlWith Tyros5 you can create up to three split points across the keyboard. Offering the flexibility to, for example, assign a different Voice to each zone. Tyros5's accompaniment styles can now be controlled by chords played in the right hand split zones, allowing you to play bass parts manually with your left hand.
Crossfade Between MIDI Song Playback and Audio PlaybackCross fader lets you adjust the volume balance between MIDI Song playback and Audio file playback. Moving the fader to the left increases the volume of MIDI Song playback, while moving it to the right increases the volume of Audio playback.
Play it Safe with Panel LockLock the panel to prevent any settings from being changed when you are away from the instrument -- the perfect function for the live performer.
4 Sub Out Line-out Audio ConnectionsTyros5 features four Sub Out line-out connections that you can use to adapt your sound to any performance situation, whether it be sending a specific part to a powered monitor, or sending a different sound to the house PA.
Metallic Silver DesignThe Tyros5 features a metallic silver body (titanium finish) that looks as if it were chiseled out of metal, giving it an exclusive, high-tech feel. Yamaha has also given attention to the button operations and knob positions, so that people who are already familiar with the Tyros series can operate the model freely and without worries.