HPH-MT8 headphones are designed to deliver accurate response and high-resolution sound with precise stereo imaging, and faithfully reproduce every nuance of the mid to high-end with tight bass. Yamaha has applied decades of accrued knowledge and expertise in professional and high-end studio equipment manufacturing to the design of each and every acoustic component in these headphones.
The HPH-MT series continues the design philosophy of Yamaha's studio monitor speakers, which is to deliver faithful reproduction of the source signal. The design of the MT7-the first product in the series to be released-features a tuning forks mark in the center of a circular housing, with the headphone arm offset in a configuration that is simple yet durable and stylish. The MT5 and MT8 follow the same basic design philosophy with the addition of a folding mechanism and a detachable cable, completing a high-performance lineup. These additional capabilities brought with them a problem: the durability of the movable sections. By adding a rounded "waist" to the folding mechanism connecting the two arms to the broad headband, Yamaha was able to give it a rational strength without compromising on the flexibility of the mechanism. This "waist" also serves as somewhere for the fingers to grip when adjusting the slide.
- 45 mm custom drivers with CCAW voice coils deliver a broad frequency range and accurate response
- Closed-back, circumaural design for excellent isolation
- Protein-skin leather…
and large low-resistance cushions ensure stress-free wearability and high levels of isolation
- Three-dimensional arm pivot construction and adjustable slider length alleviate fatigue when working for extended periods
- Moveable earcups allow single-ear monitoring
- Durable ABS housing and rigid die-cast aluminum support-arms for use in the toughest working environments
- Folding arm structure and carrying case