Sweet Marshall-style Cab Tones in a Compact Overdrive Pedal
Plug into the Wampler Plexi-Drive British overdrive pedal and add some irresistible British-sounding plexi tone to your game. This rugged yet compact overdrive pedal fuels your axe's signal with a simple volume, gain, and tone control setup, while a bass switch provides your sound with some sweet and surprisingly accurate 4 x 12" cab contour. This pedal is built tough for the road and won't eat up much space if you have a busy pedalboard, and handmade, completely true-bypass circuitry keeps your signal pristine when you switch this baby off.
Simple Three-Dial Control Setup
Your Wampler Plexi-Drive British overdrive pedal provides three control dials to craft your signal's breakup: volume, gain, and tone. The volume control determines your output level, your gain control brings in the overdrive, and your tone control colors your output with brightness or darkness. The gain control on this baby provides you plenty of dynamic overdrive to play around with. This pedal's JFET circuitry does an outstanding job of emulating the tube gain and response of a vintage plexi amplifier.
Bass Switch for Big Cab Sound
Right between your gain and volume controls is a bass switch. When this switch is engaged, your Plexi-Drive British overdrive pedal imitates a powerful 4 x 12" stack, fueling your signal with plenty of bottom end that gets pretty interesting when you play at very low levels. This pedal was designed to sound like a cross between a Marshall 18 and a JTM45. If the low end is too much, your tone control allows you to brighten things up a little so your signal cuts through the way you want it to.
Handmade True-Bypass Circuitry
As you'd expect from Wampler, this pedal is handmade using choice film capacitors and resistors, so your signal gets plenty of love and careful attention as it makes its way to your amplifier. A true-bypass configuration keeps your axe's original character completely unaltered when you power down your Wampler Plexi-Drive during your performance.
Rugged Chassis Built for the Road
This baby is tough and will hold up well to the rugged atmosphere of the regularly gigging musician. A sleek and durable outer chassis protects all of your Plexi-Drive's inner circuitry from dirt, dust, and sweat. A compact size makes this baddie pedalboard-friendly. You'll find it's quite a bit easier to carry around than a vintage amp stack!
- Distortion/overdrive pedal
- Gain, volume, and tone controls
- Bass switch for 4 x 12" cab sound
- One 1/4" input
- One 1/4" output
- Choice film capacitors and resistors for pristine signal path
- Hand-built circuitry
- Jfet circuitry emulates tube gain and response -- offering the sound of an old plexi
- Completely true bypass system
- Powered via 9 volt battery or external power supply -- sold separately
- Rugged outer chassis
- Compact pedal board friendly size
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Wampler products.
- Handmade in the U.S.A.
- High-grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Power draw: 4mA
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- JFET circuitry mimics tube gain, response, and sound of an old Plexi style amp
- 3 Knobs: tone, volume, and gain
- Bass bost switch to add 4 x 12" thump
- 2.5" x 4.5" in size (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):