TC Electronic Blacksmith Bass Amp HeadWith the TC Electronic Blacksmith on-stage, power is not an issue - large clubs, major venues or full-scale stadiums, Blacksmith covers it all. A massive 1600 watts delivers a huge bass tone that will follow your slightest move while playing those hard-rocking bass lines and hammering riffs.
Taking Bass to a Higher LevelThe TC Electronic Blacksmith offers more than excessive power, with renowned Bass amp 2.0 features such as integrated chromatic bass tuner, refined tone-shaping tools including 4 bands of EQ, SpectraComp(tm) 'per string compression', TubeTone(tm) 'complete Tube pre- and power amp recreation' and TweeterTone(tm) 'intelligent HF control' as well as the unique 3 user-defined memories, Blacksmith takes bass amplification to a new level in more than one respect.
Choose 8, 4 or 2 OhmsThe TC Electronic Blacksmith is capable handling cabinet combinations all the way down to 2 ohms, so ultimately, you could fire up four RS410 cabinets simultaneously - that's 16 x 10" or 8.7 square foot of speaker cones blasting air in your direction... You better put that foot on the monitor to keep standing.
Flexible Tone ControlsThe TC Electronic Blacksmith features a set of straightforward controls like you know them from traditional amps, voiced to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you'll ever need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - every tone control is also capable of being semi-parametric bands. This way, you can pinpoint any frequency you want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings.
On-board User MemoriesYou might not use presets... yet. If you use different basses or change playing style during shows, you know that a few amp presets would be welcome. Blacksmith gives you 3 on-board user memories for effortless switching between 4 and 5-string basses or Rickenbackers and Fenders for that matter. Alternatively, you can create 3 entirely different tones for one bass - e.g. overdrive, slap and a vintage tone. Just plug in your bass and use the 'car radio' style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between you personal presets. Also, by adding the optional RC4 floor-based remote control, you can switch effortlessly between you presets without ever letting go of the strings.
TubeToneTC Electronic's TubeTone was originally developed for the RH450 bass amp. Most transistor designs try to replicate tube sound using one small preamp tube, but why not take the crucial characteristics of a full preamp and power amp into account? Both are essential to the sound when you want that classic tube warmth as well as when you go for a full-on overdriven rock sound with a massive punch. TubeTone gives you exactly that.
SpectraCompA conventional compressor is often dominated by the lower string, but with SpectraComp, inherited directly from the original RH450, you get 'per string' multi-band compression that evens out the compression across all strings. In short, you get an even and rock solid tone that cuts through any mix whether you play fingerstyle, with a heavy pick or slap the strings hard.
TweeterToneThe tweeter control is usually located on the rear side of the cabinet, but on Blacksmith you can simply adjust the tweeter level right from the front panel. Further, the sound also gets modified slightly with filters for a much more intelligent control over the high frequencies that are critical for giving your sound that razor-sharp edge.
Built-in Bass TunerEvery bass player needs a tuner, but virtually no other amp offers anything else than a 'tuner out' feature... TC Electronic Blacksmith does. Simply push the Mute button to get a full-resolution tuner 'light ring' to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately. You can also use the RC4 remote control unit for easy floor-access to this functionality. Both speaker and DI outputs are muted automatically while tuning. Finally, even when you haven't pushed the Mute button, the tuner is still active, only without the light ring feature.
Studio-grade Line Driver OutputQuality can vary wildly with built-in DIs, but TC Electronic Blacksmith's DI is transformer balanced and galvanic isolated from the rest of the amp, which means that you get absolutely no ground loops or annoying humming. And don't worry about long cable runs - the TC Electronic Blacksmith will draw at least 100m of cable with zero loss of audio quality. Even though the integrated DI in TC Electronic Blacksmith does not need 48v phantom to operate, it does not get harmed if your sound engineer should happen to leave it on by accident.
AES/EBU Digital Recording OutThe AES/EBU connector lets you record straight into your DAW, such as Pro Tools or Logic. For maximum flexibility, it's also S/PDIF compatible and can be switched between 'Pre' and 'Post' in the pre-amp section.
Features- Power - 1600 watts (4500 watts peak).
- Presets - 3 user-defined presets.
- SpectraComp - Multi-band compression - the musical way to compress
- TubeTone - Emulation of both the tube preamp and tube power amp sections.
- On-board chromatic tuner - Always active for instant pitch monitoring at any time.
- 4-band EQ - Semi-parametric Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid and Treble.
- TweeterTone - Front panel tweeter level control for crisp and modern bass tones.
- Transformer balanced Studio grade Line driver output
zZounds is an authorized dealer of TC Electronic products.
- Input Section Input connector: 1/4-inch jack
- Input impedance: 1 MOhm / 100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 32 dB
- Bass - Default Freq: 200 Hz (range: 71-1120 Hz, Gain: +15/-24 dB) - Shelving type.
- Low Mid - Default Freq: 400 Hz (range: 100-1600 Hz, Gain: +15/-24 dB)
- High Mid - Default Freq: 800 Hz (range: 200-3150 Hz, Gain: +15/-24 dB)
- Treble - Default Freq: 4000 Hz (range: 400-6300 Hz, Gain: +15/-24 dB) - Shelving type.
- TweeterTone: -12 to 12, L-PAD Cabinet Recreation
- TubeTone: 0 to 12, Tube amp Recreation
- SpectraComp: 3 band Spectral Compression
- Preset Level: -12 dB to 0 gain attenuation
- User Memories: 3 memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute & Master Level
- Tuning range: Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50 Hz) to E5 (659.26 Hz)
- Mains supply: 100-120V~ or 220-240V~ 50/60 Hz (200 W @ 1/8 Power)
- Speaker out: 2x Speakon(TM)
- Power rating: 1600 W (4500 W Peak)
- 2 Ohm / >4 Ohm setting: Recessed Toggle Switch
- Max. Output: +0 dBu
- Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Preamp out: 1/4" Jack, Balanced Output, Max Output Level = +8 dBu
- Power amp in: 1/4" Jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8 dBu
- Digital Recording out: Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24 Bit)
- Remote connection: 5 pin DIN, Cable with shield
- Operating/Storage Temperature: 0* C to 50* C / -30* C to 70* C
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- Dimensions: 483 x 412 x 178 mm / 19" x 16.2" x 7"
- Weight: 12 kg / 26.5 pounds
- Finish: Anodized aluminum front plated and painted steel chassis
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 519-745-1158