Taylor 614ce V-Class Acoustic-Electric
The Taylor 614ce stands out as one of the most touch-sensitive models in the entire Taylor acoustic line. Whether you play fingerstyle arrangements or strum in alternate tunings, whatever your preferred musical style, this guitar pays musical dividends on what you put into it. Aesthetic touches include a hand-rubbed Brown Sugar stain that highlights the rich figure of the maple back and sides, along with ebony binding, a paua abalone rosette trimmed with ebony and ivoroid, and our Wings fretboard and peghead inlays in grained ivoroid. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
One of the distinctive traits of maple as a tonewood is its sonic transparency, which makes it wonderfully player-reflective. On this maple/spruce Taylor 614ce, a torrefied (specially roasted) Sitka spruce top and Taylor's tone-enhancing V-Class bracing take that natural versatility to another level. Whatever the player brings to the guitar comes through -- it can be played to sound warm or bright. The roasting process for the top elicits a more played-in tone, and together with the V-Class bracing gives the player a more expressive tool in the form of increased dynamic range, greater projection, longer sustaining notes, and more harmonic agreement with chords up the entire fretboard.
- More Volume: V-Class guitar bracing controls the top's flexibility, creating a more orderly rocking motion across both sides of the top. The controlled flexing movement produces greater volume.
- Longer Sustain: V-Class bracing maintains stiffness along the middle of the guitar, in the direction of the strings. That rigidity keeps the strings in motion, producing notes that resonate longer before fading out.
- Better Intonation: V-Class bracing makes the top more in tune with the vibrating strings. This eliminates much of the interference that causes some notes to waver and sound slightly out of tune. As a result, notes and chords played anywhere on the neck are more consistent and in tune with each other.
Grand Auditorium Body Shape
- Body Length: 20" / Body Width: 16" / Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Taylor's signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- An original Bob Taylor design introduced in 1994
- Full in the lower register, present in the midrange, and sparkling on the treble strings
- Their most popular shape and a good place to begin your search
Sitka Spruce Top
The most commonly used wood for guitar tops, Sitka generates a broad dynamic range and accommodates numerous playing styles, from aggressive strumming to fingerpicking.
Expression System 2
The Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
Standard on all "ce" models in the 300 Series through the Presentation Series, the Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar. The Grand Concert, Grand Auditorium, and Grand Symphony have a steeper slope, while the Dreadnought and Jumbo are a bit flatter. Our Grand Concert nylon-string models also feature a subtle, flatter slope, while our 100 and 200 Series cutaway models incorporate our flattest slope.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Taylor Guitars products.