Roland RD-88 Digital Stage Piano
Roland RD pianos have been the choice of professional keyboardists for more than 30 years, appearing on stages around the world. Now you can have the acclaimed RD sound and playability in a lighter, more accessible, and more affordable instrument.
Get a look at the Roland RD-88 stage piano in action:
For over three decades, RD pianos have been trusted by professionals, night after night, on stages the world over. One key reason is how playable they are, and how connected you feel when you play one. You get sturdy controls and smooth, reliable keyboard action that feels natural--never stiff, never spongy.
A great stage piano needs sounds that are authentic and have character. The RD-88 draws upon its rich heritage and features SuperNATURAL pianos and electric pianos that can go from sparkle to grit with a few knob twists. And for extra versatility, there's a curated selection of acoustic and electronic sounds from our historic legacy using the same sound engine found in our flagship synthesizers.
RD pianos are easy to connect with, thanks to their intuitive controls and friendly layout. The RD-88 is no different, giving you just what you need for confident and expressive performances. Vital controls are clearly marked and always in reach, so you can quickly find your favorite sounds, add effects, or shape the tonal balance to suit the venue.
Integrate soft synths
Sometimes you need a very specific sound or the unique capabilities of a particular soft synth or sample library. The RD-88 has three zones that can be configured with internal sounds, or can integrate and control soft synths from Apple MainStage. This makes it simple to duplicate the sound of a track live or mix favorite soft synths with the RD-88's own palette of sounds.
Fits your life
The RD-88's clean and compact design fits neatly into your lifestyle. Its lightweight and sturdy build makes it easy to take with you and quick to set up, even on small stages or in cramped rehearsal spaces. And the room-filling integrated speaker system is ultra-convenient and lets you play with less clutter and less fuss.
- Lightweight and compact design for easy transport and setup
- Ivory feel piano-touch keyboard (PHA-4) for world-class playability
- SuperNATURAL pianos and electric pianos based on acclaimed RD series
- Easy to use interface optimized for performance
- Three zones with external control and Apple MainStage integration
- Room-filling, onboard speaker system
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)Sound Generator:
- SuperNATURAL Piano
- SuperNATURAL E.PianoParts:
- Scene: 400
- Tone: Over 3,000Effects:
- Zone Multi-effects: 3 systems, 90 types
- Zone EQ: 3 systems
- Zone Tone Color: 3 systems
- Scene Multi-effects (IFX): 90 types
- Sympathetic Resonance
- Chorus/Delay: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Input Reverb
- Input EQOther Functions:
- Rhythm Pattern
- Song Player
- MIDI Master Keyboard
- DAW ControlControllers:
- Assignable Wheel x 2
- Assignable Control knob x 8
- Master Volume knob
- Damper Pedal
- Assignable Pedal x 2Rated Power Output:
6 W x 2- Speakers:
- Full Range 12 cm x 2
- Tweeter 2 cm x 2Display:
Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dotsExternal Storage Device:
USB flash driveConnectors:
- PHONES Jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MIC INPUT Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE INPUT Jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Pedal (DAMPER, FC1, FC2) jacks: TRS phone type
- MIDI OUT Jack
- USB MEMORY Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (supports USB MIDI/AUDIO)
- DC IN JackPower Supply:
DC 12 V: AC adaptorCurrent Draw:
1,284 (W) x 258 (D) x 159 (H) mm (50-9/16 (W) x 10-3/16 (D) x 6-5/16 (H) inches)Weight:
13.5 kg / 29 lbs 13 oz (excluding AC adaptor)Accessories:
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Pedal Switch
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):