Roland JD-Xi Analog/Digital Synthesizer
Tiny, mighty, and affordable, the JD-Xi puts a true analog synth engine, Roland's famous SuperNATURAL synth sounds, and many other creative tools under one hood. Equipped with 37 mini keys, this compact instrument delivers fat, warm analog bass and lead tones with ample controls for hands-on tweaking, plus polyphonic PCM essentials like pads, strings, brass, and more. Create impressive loops in a flash with the pattern sequencer and built-in drum kits, and explore expressive vocal textures with the gooseneck mic, Vocoder, and AutoPitch. Small in size and large in versatility, the JD-Xi is all about big sounds and big fun!
Dorian Concept Performance ft. the JD-Xi Synthesizer:
With its unique crossover sound engine, the JD-Xi provides the best of both worlds: the warm, smooth response of classic analog, and the clarity and versatility of modern digital. The monophonic analog synth section features saw, triangle, and square waveforms with pulse-width modulation and an analog filter, plus an independent sub oscillator for low-end power. Two digital synth sections offer 128-voice polyphony and a wide range of high-quality SuperNATURAL synth tones, including pads, strings, electric piano, sound effects, and many others.
The JD-Xi comes with a sturdy, high-quality gooseneck mic that brings even more fun to the party. Using the Vocoder, you can sing into the mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard. With AutoPitch, it's simple to achieve the exaggerated, robotic vocal sounds that are common in today's pop and electronic music styles. There's also a cool Auto Note function that allows you to "sing" JD-Xi synth sounds without touching the keyboard!
Using the intuitive pattern sequencer and large selection of onboard sounds, you're able to create and perform sophisticated music with only the JD-Xi. The sequencer offers four separate tracks--two digital synth parts, analog synth, and drums--allowing you to build rich-sounding loops for any genre. Real-time and step recording modes are provided, along with a special TR-REC mode for programming in the style of Roland's classic TR-series beatboxes. It's easy to play patterns and tweak sounds as you perform, and many preset patterns are built in for jamming right out of the box.
Packed with a variety of dynamic drum kits, the JD-Xi delivers quality rhythm tones to suit any groove. Included are many types of electronic and acoustic kits, and the drum instrument assignments are conveniently labeled above the keys for quick identification. You can also personalize the kits for your music by adjusting filter, envelope, pitch, and pan parameters on individual drum sounds.
The JD-Xi includes four simultaneous effects sections for enhancing any sound. Effect 1 and 2 provide selectable processing options such as Bit Crusher, Slicer, and Ring Mod, while dedicated Delay and Reverb sections make it easy to envelop sounds in spacious ambience. Each effects section can be turned on/off separately for the three synth sections and drums, allowing you to shape your mix with many creative combinations.
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog and digital sound engines
- Analog synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones and 128-voice total polyphony
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch
- Process sounds with four simultaneous effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb)
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software
- Includes a large selection of ready-to-play sounds and patterns
- Additional sounds and patterns available for download at Roland's Axial sound library site
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Keyboard: 37 mini keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator Section: Maximum Polyphony, 129 voices (Digital Synth/Drum Kit: 128, Analog Synth: 1)
- Parts: 4 Parts, (Digital Synth Part: 2, Drums Part: 1, Analog Synth Part: 1)
- Tones: Digital Synth Tone (SuperNATURAL Synth), Analog Synth Tone, PCM Drum Kit
* For an analog synth tone, the oscillator, sub-oscillator, and filter sections consist of analog circuits.
- Effect1: Distortion, Fuzz, Compressor, Bit Crusher
- Effect2: Flanger, Phaser, Ring Mod, Slicer
- Delay: 2 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Pattern Sequencer: 4 Tracks
- Vocal Function: Vocoder, Auto Pitch, Auto Note, Favorite, Arpeggio
- Controllers: Pitch Bend/Modulation Wheel
- Display: 16 characters 2 line LCD
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- Input Jack (LINE(MONO) / Guitar Input): 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI Connectors: (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER Port: (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI)
- DC IN Jack: Yes
- MIC Input Jack: XLR type, unbalance
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 1,000 mA
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 22 11/16 x 9 11/16 x 3 3/8 inches / 575 x 245 x 85 mm
- Weight (excluding AC Adaptor): 4.14 lbs / 2.2 kg
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor, Microphone
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):