Roland CD-2i SD and CD RecorderPoint, record, play, and burn -- the CD-2i makes recording and CD production more convenient than ever. Everything is self-contained, with no computer or external gear required. And it's super simple to use! The clear LCD screen, backlit buttons, and Easy Guide feature make using the CD-2i effortless. A high-quality stereo microphone is built into the CD-2i for easy "point and capture" recording, with XLR, 1/4-inch, and RCA inputs included for those who wish to incorporate other mics and devices. Loaded with features for recording, polishing, playback, music practice, and more, this do-everything box is a must-have for anyone who needs high-quality, portable CD production.
Features:- Simple recording direct to CD-R/RW or SD memory card
- All-in-one portable design; thin, sturdy, and stylish
- High-quality sound via built-in stereo microphone and speakers
- Easy-to-use interface with EASY GUIDE function
- REHEARSAL function to set the best input level for recording automatically
- Key, speed, and center cancel playback functions for lessons
- XLR with phantom power; phono equalizer
- Wireless remote controller
- Battery or AC power (6 AA batteries; AC adaptor included)
Recording and playback via SD memory cards is possible with battery power. For recording and playback via CD-R/RW discs, use the included AC adaptor.
Everything you need to record, edit, play, and burn is onboard the CD-2i. No computers, extra devices, or cables are needed. Just turn it on and go. With high-performance stereo speakers, stereo microphone, and CD drive built in, the CD-2i is a self-contained pro production station that's power-packed yet easy to use.
The CD-2i is slim, trim, and travel friendly. Powered by six AA batteries, the CD-2i can record directly to SD cards -- compact, durable media that's roadworthy. When used with AC power, the CD-2i records directly to industry-standard CDs and as well SD cards.
Even though the CD-2i is designed as a do-it-all device, it provides a variety of inputs and outputs to interface with other gear if desired. Connect an external microphone to its XLR input (complete with phantom power), connect an instrument to the 1/4-inch jack or a line-level audio device such as a record player to the stereo RCA inputs with phono equalizer. Stereo line outputs (RCA phono type) and a headphone output are provided as well.
Improve your musical skills with the CD-2i's onboard practice features. You can repeat sections of audio for repetitive study. You can change key and tempo; decrease the tempo, for example, without changing pitch to learn tricky sections of songs. The onboard metronome also makes the CD-2i ideal for music teachers and students. Record lessons and performances, and analyze your performances with clean, clear detail.
Even though the CD-2i is jam-packed with features, it's simple to use. The innovative Easy Guide feature leads you step by step through each operation, with instructions available in six languages (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese). By using the Rehearsal function, the CD-2i can even automatically adjust the input level to get the best sound without the hassle of trial and error.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
Tracks: 2 (Stereo)
Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- SD Memory Card: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- CD-R, CD-RW: Audio CD
- SD Memory Card (supports 64 MB to 16 GB, compatible with SDHC format)
- * 32 GB Card not supported
- CD-R, CD-RW
- 650 MB disc: 74 min
- 700 MB disc: 80 min
(SD Memory Card)
- 64 MB, 5 mins
- 128 MB, 11 mins
- 256 MB, 23 mins
- 512 MB, 47 mins
- 1 GB, 94 mins
- 2 GB, 189 mins
- 8 GB, 755 mins
- 16 GB, 1,511 mins
* Each recording time is an approximate estimate including some errors.
* In case that there are plural files, the sum of recording time would be shorter than above.
* Maximum recording time of one song is 74 minutes.
- Up to 99 songs on a single SD Memory Card, CD-R, or CD-RW
- Internal Stereo Microphone
- EXT MIC Input L/MONO, R Jack: 1/4 inch phone type
- EXT MIC MONO Input Jack: XLR type (with phantom power)
- LINE/PHONO Input Jacks (L, R): RCA phono type
- Internal Stereo Speaker
- Line Out Jacks: RCA phono type
- PHONES Jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0dB/-2dB)
Nominal Input Level (variable):
- EXT MIC Input L/MONO, R Jack: -51 to -14 dBu
- EXT MIC MONO Input Jack: -51 to -14 dBu
- LINE/PHONO Input Jacks (L, R): -24 to 0 dBu (LINE) / -55 to -30 dBu (PHONO)
Nominal Output Level:
- Line Output Jack: -10 dBu
- EXT MIC Input L/MONO, R Jack: 20 k ohms
- EXT MIC MONO Input Jack: 10 k ohms
- LINE/PHONO Input Jacks (L, R): 9 k ohms (LINE) / 50 k ohms (PHONO)
- Line Output Jack: 1 k ohms
- Phones Jack: 32 ohms
Display: 16 characters, two lines (backlit LCD)
- AC Adaptor (PSB-1U)
- Alkaline dry battery LR6 (AA) type x 6 or Nickel-metal hydride battery x 6
Current Draw: 800 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline dry batteries: approximately 5 hours
- Nickel-metal hydride batteries: approximately 6 hours
- * The time may vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of SD memory card used.
Accessories Included: Remote Controller (with Battery CR2025), AC Adaptor (PSB-1U), Power Cord, SD Memory Card, CD-R Disc (Blank media), SD Card Protector, Quick Start, Owner's Manual
Optional Accessories: Carrying Case (CB-CD2E), Stereo Microphone (CS-15R), Stand (SS-PC1)
Size and Weight
- 275 mm
- 10-7/8 inches
- 196 mm
- 7-3/4 inches
- 50 mm
- 2 inches
- 1.3 kg
- 2 lbs. 13 oz.
0 dBu = 0.775 V rms
In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700