PreSonus T8 Temblor Active Studio SubTo hear what's really going on at the bottom of your mixes, you need a subwoofer that speaks the truth. The PreSonus Temblor T8 lets you take charge of the low-frequency foundation of your mix with a combination of quality components and design, plenty of inputs and outputs, and extensive user controls not normally available in this price range.
An ideal companion to Eris and Sceptre active reference monitors and Ceres BT-series active speakers, Temblor-series subwoofers complement full-range monitors without overshadowing them, extending the reach of your full-range system's low end with a musical and natural approach.
Powerful and musical, Temblor features high-quality components and design that enable it to deliver fast and accurate transient response, extending low frequencies without a hint of "tubbiness" or overshoot.
Suitable for personal studios, gaming, audiophiles, and home theaters, the T8 uses a downward-firing, 8-inch glass-composite driver with high-density rubber surround and a round, rear-firing bass-reflex acoustic port. Its 200W Class AB amplifier (100W RMS) delivers up to 104 dB SPL, with a frequency response of 30 Hz to 300 Hz.
The Temblor's extensive user controls include input gain (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable) and a continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz) that let you create a seamless crossover transition between your full-range studio monitors and subwoofer for a more accurate listening environment.
A switchable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Temblor's outputs to the main monitors, avoiding destructive cancellation and reinforcement in the subwoofer's upper range.
The result is a subwoofer that can be adjusted to perfectly complement not only the Sceptre, Eris, and Ceres BT active studio monitors but virtually any studio monitor.
Versatile I/O works with any setup.No other subwoofer anywhere close to the Temblor's price range offers a comparable selection of inputs and outputs.
T8 Ins and OutsThe T8 provides two sets of inputs: left and right, balanced 1/4" TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs. This enables it to pair well with PreSonus' Ceres BT-series active speakers and home-stereo speakers, as well as personal-studio systems.
Similarly, the T8 offers left and right balanced 1/4" TRS and unbalanced RCA pass-through outputs for connecting satellite speakers. If you are using your subwoofer with a home stereo or home theater system or a smaller studio system that does not require XLRs or two subwoofers, consider the T8.
Features:- 8-inch, downward-firing, glass-composite low-frequency transducer
- Round, rear-firing, bass-reflex acoustic port
- Input gain control (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable)
- Continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz)
- Built-in crossover
- Switchable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Temblor outputs to the main monitors
- 200 watt, Class AB amplification
- Left and right, balanced 1/4" TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs
- Left and right, balanced 1/4" TRS and unbalanced RCA outputs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PreSonus products.
- Inputs: 2- Balanced 1/4" TRS, 2- Unbalanced RCA
- Outputs: 2- Balanced 1/4" TRS (full range with 80 Hz HPF option, 2- Unbalanced RCA (full range with 80 Hz HPF option)
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 300 Hz
- Low Pass Filter Frequency: 50 - 130 Hz (variable)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >98 dB (A weighted)
- THD: 0.05%
- Amplifier Power: 200W peak, 100W RMS
- Power Consumption: 120W
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Peak SPL at 1m: 104 dB
- Woofer: 8" glass-composite, downward-firing
- Acoustic Port: Rear-firing bass reflex (round)
- Input Gain Range: -30 to +6 dB
- Polarity Switch: 0* or 180*
- Low Pass Filter Control: 50 Hz to 130 Hz
- High Pass Filter Switch: On/Off
- Protection: RF interference, Output-current limiting, Over-temperature, Turn-on/off transient, Subsonic filter, External mains fuse
- Power: 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 10.2 x 12.6 x 11" (260 x 320 x 280mm)
- Weight: 21.2 lbs (9.6 kg)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Presonus offers a one year warranty (parts and labor) on all new products. All non-new Presonus products are not covered by any warranty.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 225-216-7887