Easily Record a Full-Sized Band with this Mixer's 16 Inputs
Audio engineers sure are a demanding bunch. We want our mixers to be feature-filled, yet easy to use; expandable, yet compact; powerful, yet affordable. And naturally, we want the convenience of digital with the warmth of analog. The PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI digital mixer meets the most discerning engineer's demands (and budget) with clear, warm mic preamps, an impressive array of top-notch digital effects, and a 32x18 FireWire I/O -- making the 16-channel StudioLive a formidable mixing console, whether in the recording studio or on the road.
See what you get with a StudioLive AI digital mixer in this PreSonus video:
Plenty Of Routing
Sixteen class-A, high-headroom XMAX preamps feed sixteen input channels for plenty of mixing flexibility. Full band setups with multiple singers are no problem with the StudioLive 16.4.2. To make mixing on the fly easier, assign your inputs to one of four subgroups to get single-fader control over all the drum mics, or all the backup singers, for example. Additionally, use 6 external auxiliary outputs to send discrete monitor mixes to different areas of the stage, or route them to your outboard effects rack. There's even a complete talkback section (with its own dedicated mic input) for easy communication with performers, whether live or in the studio. Need more than sixteen input channels? Simply daisy-chain a second StudioLive unit and get perfectly synced 32-channel mixing, thanks to the board's FireWire capabilities.
Leave Your Outboard Gear At Home
Two Fat Channel FX processors and four 32-bit effects processors are what make the StudioLive such a powerful -- and self-contained -- mixing solution. The intuitive Fat Channel design puts high-precision EQ, compression, gating and limiting on every channel. Simply press the select button above a channel's fader, and the Fat Channel display is populated with that input's settings, all laid out graphically before you. You'll be able to quickly and confidently make equalization and compression adjustments, and because all this processing is done internally, you don't have to rely on any external compressors, gates, or noise suppressors. Need a great snare drum sound fast? Easily pull up and tweak the onboard presets -- or save, copy, and paste your own settings. In addition to the Fat Channel processors on each channel, there's a full complement of aux-send effects, including studio-quality reverbs, echos, delays, choruses, and more, with the same 32-bit processing. The StudioLive 16.4.2 even sports a dedicated tap-tempo button for using time-based effects in live performances. You can even store and recall favorite effects "scenes" for each tune you do live. Now you can rock the same vocal delay live that worked so well in the studio. The PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI could be the next "touring member" of your band.
32x18 FireWire I/O -- Capture Your Mixes
PreSonus has outfitted the StudioLive with impressive recording tools for both live and studio situations -- just like the name says. Hook the unit up to your Mac or PC and you get 32x18 audio recording over FireWire. Every input channel, every aux, and every subgroup can be routed to the FireWire inputs for impressive tracking flexibility. Best of all, the mixer ships with both Studio One Artist and Capture 2, two different live recording softwares. Connect the FireWire cable, load up the software on your computer, arm your tracks and hit record...it's that easy. Of course, you can also use it with all the major multitrack recording software, like Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, etc. And for studio situations, you can add multiple channels by connecting additional FireWire gear for virtually limitless expandability. You can even use the StudioLive 16.4.2AI as a tape return mixer to add true analog summing to your digital sessions.
A digital mixer with onboard effects is a the perfect solution for gigging bands that want to record in their rehearsal studio. And if you're a live venue that's looking to offer recording capabilities to your artists, look no further. The powerful, affordable PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI 16-Channel digital mixer/audio interface has arrived.
- 16 mic/line inputs have high-headroom class-A XMAX preamplifiers with 80 dB of mic gain and +48V phantom power, each on their own channel strip with 100mm faders and access to Fat Channel functions
- 4 subgroup buses, stereo/mono main outs, and 6 aux mixes with access to Fat Channel functions
- Fat Channel functions include pan, stereo link, phase reverse, high-pass filter, 4-band semi-parametric EQ, gate, compressor, limiter, and output assign - with 50 Fat Channel factory presets for drums, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals
- Two FireWire ports; 32-in/18-out FireWire digital recording interface (32-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz) with bundled Capture 2 recording software and Studio One Artist Digital Audio Workstation software for Mac and PC -- or record to any DAW with the FireWire interface
- High-definition analog-to-digital converters with 118 dB dynamic range
- Unlimited-headroom, 32-bit floating point digital mixing and effects processing
- Lighted Solo and Mute buttons and 15-LED ladder metering plus clip LED
- Talkback system with XLR input, output select and Talk button
- Rugged steel chassis; military-grade, quick-touch buttons
Virtual StudioLive (Mac/Win) and StudioLive Remote (iPad)
PreSonus Virtual StudioLive-AI software for Mac and Windows provides bidirectional control of the StudioLive digital mixer. Now you can see and control the most-used mixer parameters onscreen, including channel, subgroup, aux send, and main levels, as well as Fat Channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings.
Control the mixer with a mouse or watch VSL update when you adjust the hardware. Drag Fat Channel presets onto all 16 channels in seconds. Mute or solo every channel with a sweep of the mouse. Apply a Scene to the whole mixer just by dragging it on VSL from a list you see at all times. Collect and trade Scenes with other StudioLive users.
To top it off, you can control VSL - and therefore, your StudioLive mixer - from an Apple iPad. With PreSonus StudioLive Remote for iPad (free from the Apple App Store), you can walk around the venue and tweak the mix, in real time, from any location, fixing monitor mixes from the stage and eliminating sonic problems on the spot.
- Easy drag-and-drop workflow
- Drag presets directly to channels
- Drag parts of presets directly to components in the Fat Channel
- Adjust the Fat Channel gate, compressor, and EQ plus the graphic EQ and effects
- Quickly drop entire Scenes to the mixer to instantly load all channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings
- Load effects quickly by simply dragging presets into the GUI
- Use the mouse to quickly assign channels to multiple buses, mute, solo, etc.
- Store and organize presets on your computer, then transfer them to your mixer for that night's gig
- Create presets on the road, store them to the mixer, then drag them to your preset pool the next time you're connected to the computer
- Reorder presets in mixer memory and in the software to best fit your workflow for each gig
- Share presets with friends; drag presets out of the browser and email, IM, or disk-swap presets with other StudioLive owners
- See all of the most-used parameters on the mixer at once
- See the state of all Fat Channel settings at once
- See all aux mixes at once
- See the current effects and other parameter settings
- View and graphically edit all parametric EQ and compression curves
- View and graphically edit all graphic equalizer settings
- Do time-stamped backups of the entire mixer
- Remote control the mixer from an iPad using StudioLive Remote software.
Q-Mix Wireless Aux-Mix Control Software for iPhone and iPod touch
With QMix, you can enjoy wireless remote control of any PreSonus StudioLive mixer's aux sends from up to ten Apple iPhones or iPod Touches. Let performers create their monitor mixes from individual iPhones. With the Wheel of Me, you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously. Requires a Mac or PC running PreSonus Virtual StudioLive.
- Runs on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 or higher
- Provides wireless control over aux mixes in Virtual StudioLive and hence, over aux mixes in any StudioLive-series digital mixer
- Portrait view shows Wheel of Me, where you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously
- Landscape view provides control of all aux-send levels and panning (for linked auxes)
- Aux mixes can be named (up to 10 characters)
- Control the auxes on any StudioLive mixer on the wireless network from one iPhone or iPod touch
- Multiple iPhones and iPod touches can control the same StudioLive
- Set permissions in VSL so each iPhone and iPod touch can control only one specific aux mix
- Free from the Apple App Store
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PreSonus products.