Propellerhead Reason 9.5 Software
Effortlessly create your dream studio with Reason's modular rack. Music making in Reason means joyful exploration and endless possibilities.
See what's new in Reason -- Player devices and more:
Discover Reason 9.5 - VST in Reason:
Never short on great sounds
Get creative with Reason's legendary instruments, synthesizers, drum machines, samplers and more. With its huge collection of sounds, you'll be making music in no time. It's everything you need, and then some.
Record and edit your music in Reason's sequencer. Find your tone with guitar amps from Softube. Sculpt and polish your tracks to perfection with Reason's million dollar mixing console and massive rack of effects.
Reason is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It's the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks.
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Fill your rack with as many devices as you need to get your sound. Reason's legendary instruments and effects cover every need from acoustic and organic to electronic and synthetic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn Reason's rack around and you'll find yourself in cable heaven! Craft the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build.
Capture your musical ideas in Reason's powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Quantize MIDI or audio to fix timing problems, or use ReGroove's swing magic to breathe life into your sequences. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Record first and pick your tempo later with Reason's renowned time stretch. And thanks to audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Non-destructively change the pitch, correct the timing of your audio recording with Slice Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k*analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, Rack Extensions come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world--from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
With a huge supply of synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects, Reason's built-in sound bank is packed with everything you'll need. Reason's integrated, always open browser makes finding the right sound across a huge sample library a breeze. Want more? Expand your palette with a world of ReFill libraries--sound libraries custom-made for Reason.
New in Reason 9.5VST Support
VST plugins will be right at home in the Reason rack. Drag & Drop from the browser, use CV with your plugins, add Players, put them in Combinators with Reason's own devices or Rack Extensions - all the things you expect when working in Reason!
Add players to your favorite Reason instruments and unleash a torrent of musical ideas! The players adds a musical twist to what you are playing and the results are nothing short of magic.
Scales & Chords
The scale aware Scales & Chords Player will filter and remap your playing to always be in key. With chord mode, you'll be playing scale-perfect one-finger chords. You never knew you were this good!
The name says it all. Note echo can create a trailing echo of your playing in any tempo or intensity you wish. Enable transpose create a layer of falling or rising notes.
Two powerful polyphonic arpeggiators in one device. They both have traditional arpeggio settings, but also a pattern mode where you can create intricate rhythmic, polyphonic patterns from what you are playing.
Best of all, each Player can be combined with the other, allowing for endless experimentation. Feed Note Echo through Scales & Chords, create an arpeggio of chords in exotic scales. What will you do?
Polish your vocal recordings to perfection with the new Pitch Edit mode. Fine tune pitch and timing with the same transparency and quality as Reason's famous time stretch.
1000 synth sounds
Inspire your music making in sound with 1000 new high quality synth patches from leading sound designers.
More additionsBounce in place
Speed up your workflow with Bounce in place - bounce a synth track to and audio clip with a single click.
Default, blue or dark - select a visual theme that suits your mood.
Reverse MIDI & automation
Select MIDI or automation data and reverse it.
Support for Ableton Link
Jam with friends on Link enabled apps on desktop or iOS. Or bring the sound of your favorite iOS apps to your music. Link lets you effortlessly sync Reason and other apps over WiFi.
Plugin delay compensation
Reason's patchable rack lets you route audio any way you want, and the new plugin delay compensation in Reason keeps your sound in phase at all times.
- Kong Drum Designer
- Thor polysonic synthesizer
- NN19 sampler
- NN-XT advanced sampler
- Malstroem graintable synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex loop player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers
Included Player devices
- Scales & Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
- Softube Guitar amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Softube Bass amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Alligator triple channel pattern based gate
- Pulveriser distortion, compressor and envelope follower module
- The Echo high quality stereo echo
- Neptune pitch corrector and voice synthesizer
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- RV-7 digital reverb
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- D-11 foldback distortion
- ECF-42 envelope-controlled filter
- DF-101 chorus/flanger
- PH-90 phaser
- COMP-01 compressor
- PEQ2 2-band EQ
- RV7000 MkII advanced convolution reverb
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- BV512 vocoder with 4 to 512 bands and equalization
- UN16 unison
- 4-band mastering EQ
- Dual band stereo imager
- Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
- Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- 4-band EQ
- 8 Send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Dynamics section with compressor and gate
- Lo-pass and hi-passfilter
- Spectrum analyzer
- Master compressor with sidechain input
- Group channels
- Parallel channels
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason's rack.
- Delay compensation makes all signal paths play in perfect, phase-locked sync.
- Supports the Allihoopa music making and collaboration service, with access to an endless supply of inspiring user-created music, backing tracks and performances.
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Propellerhead and 3rd party developers
- Huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch & audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize--correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- MIDI instrument output--control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output--sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting--export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all Sampler devices
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- ReWire support
- Supports all major file formats--from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Propellerhead products.