Pioneer DJ TORAIZ Squid Sequencer
The SQUID multitrack sequencer joins Pioneer DJ's TORAIZ series of musical instruments and production equipment. With a name that embodies the blend of functionality and creative stimulation it offers, the SQUID (Sequencer Inspirational Device) works as the heartbeat of your studio and live set-up, enabling you to quickly and easily create unique sequence patterns and phrases.
Take control of your workflow and make inspirational music with the SQUID:
Pioneer launched the stand-alone sampler SP-16 and the monophonic analogue synthesizer AS-1 in the TORAIZ series based on a concept of an inspirational tool that successively creates new sounds. As increasing numbers of producers are making music using intuitive electronic hardware instruments, the TORAIZ series are gaining popularity among producers and artists for music production and live performances, thanks to its intuitive workflow and professional features. Further deepening this concept of the TORAIZ, Pioneer created the SQUID, a multitrack sequencer that can create new phrases one after another by quickly programming and dynamically arranging sequence patterns.
The user interface of the SQUID is optimized so you can effortlessly use each feature and try out your ideas when they strike. Drawing from Pioneer's experience in developing DJ gear, the workflow is perfect for on-the-fly music production, which means you'll spend less time looking at the unit's display and more time jamming.
It's easy to draw inspiration from the SQUID's performance features. With the first Groove Bend feature ever seen on a production tool, you can easily create original grooves by moving the slider to change the trigger timing in real-time. Use Running Direction to create new phrases by changing the playback direction of sequence patterns you've played on the 16 pads and fluctuate the playback speed of sequences whenever you want using Speed Modulation.
The heartbeat of your studio and live set-up, the SQUID offers multiple inputs and outputs and it can simultaneously control up to 16 instruments. It keeps everything in sync, from your DAW to hardware instruments such as the TORAIZ AS-1 monophonic analog synthesizer and the TORAIZ SP-16 professional sampler. You can even run modular synths and vintage drum machines/synths seamlessly alongside your other kit thanks to the CV/GATE output terminals or DIN SYNC input/output terminals.
Create a phrase you love then use the SQUID Manager to back it up, along with all your projects. SQUID Manager is a free dedicated application that enables you to quickly import/export sequence patterns between the SQUID and a PC/Mac.
Fitting perfectly into any studio or live music environment, the SQUID helps you turn your ideas into music. It's the third product in the TORAIZ series, which offers inspiring tools with unique features you can easily use to create new sounds.
- 16 multicolored LED pads for enabling various features
- Interpolation: instantly make a phrase
- Harmonizer: intuitively create evolving phases
- Speed Modulation: create unique grooves by fluctuating playback speed of sequence Patterns
- Running Direction: easily create new phrases
- Groove Bend: change trigger timing in real-time
- Time Warp: save your 'happy accidents'
- Multiple inputs/outputs: sync with various instruments
- Import/export sequence patterns via PC/Mac
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Pioneer DJ products.
- Maximum number of tracks:
16 tracks- Maximum number of patterns per track:
64 patterns- Maximum number of steps per track:
64 steps- Step resolution:
Quarter note, Eighth note, Sixteenth note, Twenty-fourth note, Thirty-second note- Maximum number of notes per step (polyphony):
8 notes- Maximum number of projects:
128 projects- Input / Output Terminals- MIDI:
- MIDI IN
- MIDI OUT 1
- MIDI THRU / OUT 2- USB:
- USB (Type B)- CV / GATE:
- CV OUT 1, CV OUT 2 (V/Oct, Hz/V)
- GATE OUT 1, GATE OUT 2 (V-Trigger, S-Trigger)- CLOCK:
- CLOCK IN (Step, 1, 2, 4, 24, 48ppqn, Gate)
- CLOCK OUT (Step, 1, 2, 4, 24, 48ppqn)- DIN SYNC:
- DIN SYNC IN / OUT 2 (24, 48ppqn)
- DIN SYNC OUT 1 (24, 48ppqn)- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
374.8 \0xD7 223.9 \0xD7 72.1 mm / 14.8" x 8.8" x 2.8"- Weight:
1.9 kg / 4.2 lbs.- Accessories:
AC adaptor, Power cord, Quick Start Guide- SQUID Manager requirements- Mac:
- macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated to the latest version)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 (Updated to the latest version)
- macOS Sierra 10.12 (Updated to the latest version)
- mac OS El Capitan 10.11 (Updated to the latest version)- Windows:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (The latest service pack)- CPU:
Intel processor Core i7, i5, i3- Memory:
4 GB or more
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):