Nord Stage 2 SW73 Stage Piano 73-KeyPart of Nord's flagship Stage 2 instrument line, the Nord Stage 2 SW73 compact stage piano represents a stunning take on the famous Stage series. Utilizing Nord's sound generation technology in the three categories of Piano, Organ and Synthesizer combined with a well thought-out, user friendly interface, a choice of premium keybeds and an almost obsessive level of quality control, the Stage 2 SW73 truly sets itself apart as an instrument for the professional performing musician.
The Nord Stage 2 is compatible with the Nord Sample Library and also the Nord Sample Editor software that lets you create your own sample instruments, for infinite possibilities! Combined with Nord Piano Library compatibility the Nord Stage 2 is an instrument that offers huge expandability.
The SW73 Model: 73-note Semi-weighted Waterfall KeyboardWith 73 semi-weighted keys, the SW73 is the lightest and most compact of Nord's three models of Stage 2 piano. (The Stage 2 HA88 and Stage 2 HA76 feature Nord's top-of-the-line fully weighted Hammer Action keyboard.) Apart from the keyboard type and the number of accessories available, all three models have identical features. During the assembly of each instrument in Nord's Stockholm factory, every keybed is individually and specifically tuned for a consistent response and balance.
The Sound Inside: 3 Sound EnginesThe Stage 2 has three sound generating sections; Piano, Organ and Synthesizer, all of which can be used simultaneously. Furthermore, up to two sounds from each section can be combined in a single program for massive sonic flexibility.
Piano SectionThe Stage 2 Piano section has evolved from the multi award winning Nord Piano; featuring state-of-the-art sampling techniques the Stage 2's pianos capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the individual source instruments. Combined with the intelligent String Resonance that reproduces the sound of the piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other strings are played, and compatibility with the optional Nord Triple Pedal that adds Dynamic Pedal Noise - the result is breathtaking realism and an unsurpassed expressiveness.
A great feature in the Nord Stage 2 is the Selectable Piano Release function. With Piano Release activated you get a slightly longer release more suitable for legato playing. This important feature reflects adjusting the damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
In addition to vivid acoustic Grand and Upright pianos, the Piano section also features some of the finest, most desirable vintage electric pianos. The Stage 2's piano sounds are future-proof thanks to its compatibility with the Nord Piano Library. This free online library is continuously updated with both upgraded existing pianos and pianos to keep your instrument constantly renewed.
Organ SectionOver ten years have passed since Nord made their first digital model of a tone wheel organ. The Stage 2's dedicated organ section now uses their third generation B3 Organ model, the same as found in the acclaimed Nord C2 Organ.
Considered by many to be the most accurate emulation of the B3 ever, the Stage 2's organ model is based on the analysis of the signals from each of the 91 spinning discs inside several original instruments and painstaking work on understanding exactly how all the components interact with each other. The virtual circuitry reacts not only to the settings on the panel but also during the real time performance. The Stage 2 will faithfully reproduce the important foldback and energy robbing characteristics; the latter will produce the gentle compression effect that makes those lovely smears absolutely wonderful. There are 3 tone wheel modes that allow you to switch from a clean, factory spec'd instrument to a worn and battered workhorse with many years of touring.
Nord also created carefully modeled emulations of two of the most famous transistor organs from the 1960's, the Vox Continental and the Farfisa Compact. Alongside the organ's themselves, the Stage 2 features Nord's rotary speaker simulation derived from the C2. Incorporating the acoustic variations that occur as a physical rotating spreads the sound around in a room, they bring the Stage 2's organs to life with remarkable realism. In terms of control, "Draw buttons" and LED bar graphs have replaced the original mechanical drawbars. This gives you the advantage of always having the correct drawbar settings after changing preset. For Organ sounds only, the Stage 2's keybed is programmed to respond at its highest trigger position, resulting in authentic feel and allowing lightning fast organ techniques.
Synth SectionThe Stage 2's powerfulsynthesizer engine was built from the DNA of the Nord Wave. Capable of classic analogue synthesis, three operator FM synthesis, Wavetable synthesis and, crucially, compatibility with the Nord Sample Library. The Nord Sample Library not only give Stage 2 owners access to the huge free library of world-class sounds, including the famous vintage Mellotron and Chamberlin samples previously only available to Nord Wave and Nord Electro 3 users, but thanks to the included Nord Sample Editor for Mac and PC, allows user-created samples to be loaded into the instrument and thus opening up a whole creative world of sound.
The Synth engine itself features classic analogue synthesis with dual saw, hard sync and pulse wave modulation, three-operator FM synthesis with 32 different modulation frequencies, Wavetable synthesis with 62 waveforms and Sample based synthesis. A great-sounding multimode filter features 12 and 24dB low pass, high pass, band pass and notch filters. And with an Amp envelope, Modulation envelope, an LFO, and Unison control, the Stage 2's synth capabilities are hugely powerful, delivering amazing on-stage sound.
The Synth section also features an Arpeggiator that can be easily synced to the Stage 2's Master Clock for perfect timing with other elements of the Stage 2, including its effects.
Programming and ControlTo make programming and on-stage control as simple as possible Nord has arranged the sound generators and controls of the Stage 2 into dedicated sections - Piano, Organ and Synth. Not only does this make for a very intuitive approach to programming but also instantly shows you which settings are active. There are no deep menus, no complicated screens to navigate. All vital functions are controlled by dedicated single-function knobs.
In addition, Nord's patented Pitch Stick and Modulation Wheel allow maximum musical expression and their efficient Morph Grouping technique is also included, allowing you to assign sound and effects parameters to physical controllers.
Extern SectionThe Nord Stage 2 wouldn't be a master keyboard if it couldn't control external devices with ease. The Extern Section is designed solely for this purpose, so that any MIDI-connected gear gets seamlessly integrated with the Stage 2's built-in instruments. Zones, splits and layers are handled exactly as if the external equipment was a part of the Stage 2 itself. All settings are saved together with a Program so advanced setups can be immediately recalled in real-time during a performance. You can even use the Extern Section to automatically transmit Bank Select and Program Change messages to your external units.
Effect SectionNo sound is complete without the proper use of effects. The Nord Stage 2 incorporated all the effects required to cover musicians' needs. All of the three instrument sections - Organ, Piano and Synth - can be routed individually through the Stage 2's built-in effect units. Turning the effects on and off, and controlling the routing is easily done by a touch of dedicated buttons, readily accessible at the bottom of each effects unit.
The Master Clock function makes it easy to sync effects to other elements, like the arpeggiator, LFO or even one of the other effects. You can easily lock the effect rate to a range of note values - make the delay do quarter note triplets of what arpeggiator is playing, while the LFO gently sweeps the filter up and down in half notes, all perfectly interlocked. The Master Clock can also be controlled by an external MIDI clock - perfect for syncing your parts to a backing track, including tempo changes!
Effect 1Here you can choose from Tremolo, two Wahs, an Auto-Wah, and an AutoPan. Use the AutoWah with a Clavinet for raw funk licks, create a psychedelic vibe with an Electric Piano on AutoPan, or give a Wurlitzer some body using the Tremolo. There is also a Ring Modulator on board, an effect used by many experimental and electronic musicians.
Effect 2The two Phasers, two Choruses, the Flanger and Vibe effect are modeled from the classic analog stomp boxes that define the sound of popular music. These swirling Phasers, metallic Flangers, and thick Choruses that are used by uncompromising professionals everywhere are crystal clear and faithfully simulated on the Nord Stage 2.
DelayA delay unit has been included to create haunting echoes or slap back effects. The delay also supports a ping-pong mode, and the tempo can easily be adjusted with the tap-tempo button, or synced to the master clock. The delay also has an Analog mode for creating those classic "warped" sounds when changing the delay rate on repeats.
Amp Simulation & EqualizerThis effect section combines a three-band equalizer with a sophisticated amplifier and speaker cabinet modeler. Classic amplifiers and speakers are a crucial part to make vintage Electric piano sounds come alive. Nord offers the famous sounds of speaker simulations of a Twin Reverb, a Jazz Chorus 120 and a Wurlitzer speaker. When no Amp Model is selected, the unit provides a neutral three-band EQ with sweepable mid and a crunchy overdrive.
Rotary SpeakerThe improved Rotary Speaker simulation, which not only brings an essential character to a live organ performance, can also be used with any of the electric or acoustic piano sounds and the synthesizer.
Master EffectsA Compressor and a Reverb are placed at the end of the sound chain, to help you blend your sounds more naturally together. The Reverb unit has six different Hall, Stage and Room spaces to create different atmospheres for your sounds, while the Compressor helps you keep the overall mix tight and under control.
- State-of-the art sample-based Acoustic Pianos
- Advanced Vintage Electric Pianos
- String Resonance
- Selectable Piano Release
- Dynamic Pedal Noise via optional Nord Triple Pedal
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- Generation Nord B3 Organ modeling
- Faithful simulations of classic Vox and Farfisa organs
- Advanced rotary speaker model with slow, fast and stop modes
- Draw buttons with LED bar graphs for easy overview of active drawbar settings.
- Powerful Classic Analogue, FM and Wavetable synthesis
- Sample Playback
- Nord Sample Library compatibility
- Nord Sample Editor software included
- Master Clock
- Comprehensive Effects section
- Single-function control knobs and instant visibility of current settings
- External section allowing the Nord Stage 2 to serve as a master keyboard
- Expanded Live Mode with 5 locations
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Nord products.
- Master Level Control
- Wooden Pitch Stick
- Modulation Wheel
- 400 Programs: 4 Banks with 20 Pages each
- Program Categories
- Program Sort Modes: numerical, alphabetical or by category
- 5 Live Buffers
- 2 Individual Slot Setups
- 3 Morph sources: Modulation Wheel, Control Pedal, Aftertouch
- Global Mono output
- Programmable Transpose +/- 6 semitones
- Master Clock functionality with manual, external and tap-tempo rate control
- Internal and MIDI clock source
- MIDI over USB functionality
- B3 Tone wheel Organ, Vox Continental and Farfisa models with full polyphony
- 9 digitally controlled Drawbars
- Percussion controls
- Vibrato / Chorus control
- Two Drawbar settings per program
- 2-Part Multitimbral (2 manuals)
- Approx. 500 Megabyte memory for Piano sounds
- Acoustic Grand Pianos
- Upright Pianos
- Electric Pianos
- Wurlitzer A200 Electric Piano
- Clavinet D6
- Electric Grand Pianos incl. CP-80
- 40-60 Voices Polyphony
- 4 Selectable Velocity Curves
- Clavinet EQ controls
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) on acoustic Grand Pianos and Uprights
- Selectable Piano Release
- Pedal Noise when used with Nord Triple Pedal (optional accessory) on selected acoustic and electric pianos)
- Slot Detune functionality
- 2-Part Multitimbral
- Sample Playback synthesis:
- Approx. 380 Megabytes of sample memory
- Up to 999 Sample Instruments
- Analog synthesis: Multiple waveforms - including Dual Saw, Hard Sync and PWM
- FM synthesis: 2 & 3 Operator FM synthesis
- Wavetables synthesis: 62 waveforms
- 18 Voices polyphony
- Unison control - with no reduction in polyphony
- Amplitude envelope
- Modulation envelope
- 12 and 24 dB Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and Notch Filter with Resonance
- LFO with 4 waveforms (square, triangle, ramp and sample & hold)
- 300 Patch memory locations
- Arpeggiator (Up, Down, Up-Down and Random). Range: 1, 2, 3 or 4 octaves.
- LFO and Arpeggiator synchronizable to Master Clock
- 2-Part Multitimbral
- Global Parameters:
- Level control
- Zone (split assignment) control
- Effect 1: Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Pan, Wah, AutoWah 1, Autowah 2
- Effect 2: Flanger, Vibe, 2 Phasers, 2 Choruses
- Delay - with Ping Pong (stereo taps) and Tap-Tempo
- 3 types of Speaker simulations, JC, Twin and Small
- Tube amp simulation with adjustable overdrive
- 3-band Equalizer with sweepable mid. EQ ranges:
- 100 Hz, 200 Hz - 8 kHz and 4 kHz
- Rotary Speaker: selectable speed (Stop, Slow and Fast) and separate overdrive
- Effect rates/tempo can be synchronized to the Master Clock
- Reverb: 6 algorithms
- 73-note Semi Weighted Waterfall keyboard.
- Range: F-F
- Supports 3 split zones with visual LED indication
- 4 Assignable Audio Outputs - 1/4 inch, 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone output - 1/4 inch, 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8 inch, 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - 1/4 inch, 6,35 mm jack; Use a momentary Pedal like:
- Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- Sustain input compatible with Nord Triple Pedal (sold separately)
- Rotor Pedal - 1/4 inch, 6,35 mm jack
- Organ Swell Pedal - 1/4 inch, 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack.
- Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- Control Pedal - 1/4 inch, 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack.
- Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connectors
- MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector
- IEC320 C7 power connector
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Sample and Piano DVDs
- USB cord
Dimensions: 1105 mm (43.5"), 106 mm (4"), 302 mm (12")
Weight: 21 lbs (9.7 kg)