Create Vintage Modulation Effects with True Analog Tones
If you're going to recreate vintage-style effects like tremolos and rotary speakers, you might as well go the extra mile and get the footpedal with period-accurate components. Consider the Moog Minifooger MF Tremolo effect pedal. The MF Trem gives you the versatility to simulate a number of old-school modulation-based effects, and its pure analog insides generate tones that do justice to classic music.
Watch this demo from zZounds:
Pure Analog -- No Digital Fakery Here
The strength of all Minifooger pedals -- MF Trem included -- is that the insides are completely analog. Composed of dozens of components, each 100% analog, the MF Trem is unlike modern digital pedals which try to emulate analog circuits using cheaper digital components. This grants the MF Trem a tonal clarity that the digital knockoffs simply can't match.
The MF Trem offers four large control knobs and a port for an expression pedal, so you'll have no trouble dialing in the tremolo effect you're looking for. You can use Speed to set the oscillation rate anywhere between 12 times a second to nearly half an oscillation per second, while Depth can be used to set the intensity of your wobble. You can adjust the balance of attack and decay to your modulation with the Shape knob or select which frequencies are modulated and which are passed with the Filter knob.
Add an Expression Pedal
You're gonna need both hands on your guitar or bass. Attach your favorite external expression pedal to control the MF Tremolo's oscillation speed on-the-fly, allowing you to sweep between rapid chorus-like jitters and slow, deep, enveloping waves, without ever stopping to adjust a knob.
- Tremolo footpedal with pure analog circuitry
- Designed based on a balanced modulator and a sub audio voltage controlled oscillator
- Low frequency oscillator speed ranges from 0.6 to 12 Hz with Shape 12 o'clock position
- Controls for Shape, Tone, Speed, and Depth
- Shape knob lets you select between balanced attack and decay, more attack, or more decay
- Tone knob acts as a bandpass filter for the effect, controlling which frequencies are manipulated and which are left unchanged
- Speed controls the rate of the effect, from slow and subtle to rapid and jittery
- Depth controls the amplitude of the oscillation, it will be subtle at low levels and quite pronounced at higher levels
- 1/4-inch expression pedal port lets you control the oscillation speed, allowing you to create swells and rotary-like effects with an external pedal (sold separately)
- True analog bypass
- Designed to work with guitars and basses
- 1/4-inch input and output
- Powered via 9V battery or with optional 9V power adapter (sold separately)
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Moog Music products.