Midas MR18 Tablet Digital Mixer
The Midas MR18 Tablet Controlled Digital Mixer is an 18-Input Digital Mixer for iPad/Android Tablets with 16 MIDAS PRO Preamps, Integrated Wifi Module and Multi-Channel USB Audio Interface. Now that technology has been incorporated into the small but powerful MR18 rack-mountable mixer, which will forever change the way you record and the way you play live music.
A Mixer Whose Time has Come
Over the past few years, the world of recording and performance audio has experienced a major paradigm shift, one that requires musicians and performers alike to take advantage of emerging technologies that offer flexibility and ease of use. The MR18 is an 18-input/8-bus portable mixer housed in a sturdy stage box design for use with iPad and Android tablets. It is ideally suited for both live and studio applications thanks to 16 award-winning MIDAS PRO mic preamps, integrated Wifi module for wireless control, MIDI I/O and a multi-channel, bidirectional USB Audio Interface. Free iOS, Android and PC apps enable you to move about the venue or the tracking room and manipulate all the parameters of your mix, and the performers have the same freedom to dial-in their personal monitor mixes. Advanced engineering and meticulous design combine to deliver professional-grade performance and impressive affordability the MR18.
16 MIDAS PRO Mic Preamps
The MIDAS PRO mic amp was developed for the PRO Series mixing consoles and is also found in the M32 and has been recognised by leading live sound and recording engineers as the very essence of the famous MIDAS sound. It is here in the MR18 that more than 40 years of design excellence has come together with premium grade components to provide unparalleled warmth and depth, subtle ambience, and immaculate spatial positioning for more precise imaging than competing models. The award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifier has inspired generations of live sound engineers to their best work, creating sonic landscapes that have captivated audiences worldwide. MR18 comes equipped with 16 MIDAS PRO preamps, all of which are literally ready for your input via the Neutrik combo connectors with locking latches.
Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi Router
Designed for the ultimate in mobility, the MR18 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixers functions without the need to setup and configure an external router. The MR18 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artists perspective or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.
- Access Point is the easiest way to connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently (i.e., iPad, Android smartphone/tablet or laptop). This mode should have your remote control up and running in less than a minute.
- Wifi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected.
- Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wifi router, e.g., for extended range or 5 GHz applications.
The incredibly fast and comprehensive 18 x 18 channel, bi-directional USB interface makes the MR18 an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution for recording directly to your iPad or PC. Dial in the perfect monitoring mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending up to 16 source signals and the keyboard player's MIDI notes to your DAW for recording and editing.
Whether you are making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances it has never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.
When your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, etc., it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.
A major first for compact audio mixers, our revolutionary M AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 16 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the MR18s gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.
This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each another. M AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.
4 Onboard M32 Effects Engines
Equipped with the very same FX engines as the now legendary M32 Digital Mixing Console, the onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics plus the MR18 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.
You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer no longer has to do the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins, as the MR18 has a whole studio of FX under its bonnet.
Custom-designed, and physically modeled after some of the most iconic and sought-after processors, all effects run inside the low-latency environment of the M32 mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Midas products.
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operationno need for external routers
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB2.0 interface
- Dugan-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- 4 digital signal processing effects engines
- ULTRANET connectivity for P-16 Personal Monitoring System
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40 bit floating point digital signal processing
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac/Linux apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment or for use as a USB MIDI interface
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX Plug Ins, downloadable from midasconsoles.com free of charge
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):